Starhawk - PS3

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Starhawk - PS3

Post by Spooky »

I'm curious if anyone here has been playing the beta. I downloaded it last night and played for about am hour or so. I have to say, even though I'm not sure what the hell I'm doing the game has me VERY intrigued.

It's like Warhawk meets Battlefield in a Mass Effect setting.

Anyone else give this a try? If so did you get to a point where you knew what you were doing? Bummer that the beta ends tomorrow. I'm obviously late to the game on this one. I'd love to find some good tutorials for this as I have only scratched the surface...
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Starhawk - PS3

Post by Spooky »

So...this comes out today with pretty favorable reviews. A great looking teamwork MP game.

I am tempted...

Is anyone else even remotely interested in this one or is it off the radar because it's PS3?

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Spooky wrote:So...this comes out today with pretty favorable reviews. A great looking teamwork MP game.

I am tempted...

Is anyone else even remotely interested in this one or is it off the radar because it's PS3?
That part. I have no clue abou this game. None. Could be interested, maybe, but I don't know.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Played the demo. Wasn't super impressed.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I got a copy since a lot of my buds here are going to be playing it. It has a strong Section 8 vibe, not a bad thing in my opinion, but Warhawk had a certain charm to it that seems to be lost here. Still, I've only messed with it a bit so I need more time, in addition to playing with my friends. The coop is intense, it's pretty much a defend you base thing where you can build things to help you out.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I'll definitely be getting this now that it's out and people seem to be eating it up. IGN gave it a 9 and said it's the best multiplayer game on the PS3 and one of the best on any platform. The videos of gameplay I've been watching look very cool.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Just an FYI - Starhawk is pretty f'in amazing. It's really a shame it's a PS3 only game. Has the right amount of elements to be a DSP hit without a doubt.

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

Spooky wrote:Just an FYI - Starhawk is pretty f'in amazing.
That actually may be a bit of an understatement. I played some single player at my house which turns out to be basically an elaborate tutorial. Then I went over to a friends and played a few hours of multiplayer and holy ****!! Fun, fun stuff. But then again I was also a pretty big fan of Warhawk as well.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

You guys aren't joking around. I got the limited edition yesterday (includes original Warhawk game that can be played on PS3 and PSP and some other goodies). This game is very very cool!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Can you play Starhawk on your PSVita through the Remote Play thingy?

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

After a lot more playing, I'm not liking Starhawk very much. It feels like bits and pieces of a bunch of other games slapped together, and it comes out feeling like a very average shooter. The PS3 version of Warhawk is a ton better in my opinion, and even Section 8 is a lot more fun for me.

I don't know, after playing a bunch of different modes it just comes off to me as a big meh.
2319!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Yeah - After digging into the Starhawk forums it's pretty obvious that there seems to be a HUGE love/hate split on this game. I'm still enjoying it. Enough that I bought a headset to communicate and am joining a clan. I liked Warhawk a ton but since it never caught on here I stopped giving it much attention (a mistake in hindsight).

I do think that most people were expecting it to be a new and improved version of Warhawk which adds to the letdown.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Exactly, I was hoping for an updated Warhawk. But this one is totally new, and not my cup of tea at all.
2319!

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I'm still enjoying the game. I didn't get into Warhawk so I really had no expectations. The main annoyance for me thus far is the freezing. I do not get much freezing on my PS3s, so it has been a pain to get freezing with Starhawk. Supposedly yet another patch is coming out very soon that will fix most of the issues with the game. I'm digging the strategy involved in the game.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

toonarmy wrote:I'm still enjoying the game. I didn't get into Warhawk so I really had no expectations. The main annoyance for me thus far is the freezing. I do not get much freezing on my PS3s, so it has been a pain to get freezing with Starhawk. Supposedly yet another patch is coming out very soon that will fix most of the issues with the game. I'm digging the strategy involved in the game.
I am pretty addicted to this game still (although that may change with GRFS out now). I keep reading MANY people complaining about the freezes on the SH forums but I have not had one, luckily.