OT: Diablo III Release 05-15-12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Diablo III Release 05-15-12

Post by tjung0831 »

Terry....any truth to the rumors of frame rate issues on PS4? Was reading gamefaqs and noticed a lot of complaints? Possible patch has already fixed issues with it?
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yeah, there's a bug regarding the FPS on the PS4 version which Eurogamer uncovered and Blizzard supposedly sent out a patch to fix it.

" Diablo 3 on console: when is 60fps not really 60fps?"
UPDATE: Blizzard says dual frame-rate issue is a bug - with a fix added to the day one patch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... e-analysis

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I hadn't seen a single framerate hiccup since I started playing.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote: It brings it on par with the PC version, but doesn't necessarily surpass it.
So I would be okay just buying the expansion for the pc? The pc version is fixed then?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Terry, have you tried the 360 PC controller fix for D3? Supposedly it works really well on the PC version. It's a shame Blizzard doesn't support the 360 controller. Oh and Reaper Souls is on sale tomorrow thru Sat at BB for $20.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Rodster wrote:Terry, have you tried the 360 PC controller fix for D3? Supposedly it works really well on the PC version. It's a shame Blizzard doesn't support the 360 controller. Oh and Reaper Souls is on sale tomorrow thru Sat at BB for $20.
The XB1 version will be on sale as well? If so, I will pick it up. Have never played the diablo series.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just the PC version is on sale starting tomorrow.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:
Yep, already picked up 2 copies and linked my accounts. The cool part was, my wife and I played the crap out of it on 360, and after some account management on Battle.net, we were able to import our 360 saves fine so we started with level 60 characters on PS4. Love that part, so we don't have to level up the blacksmith and jewelcrafter guy again.
Would I be able to import my character from PC to xb1?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

No, only console to console, Alex.

And never tried any controller fix. I assume it's using one of the 360 mapping programs out there? Not sure how they'd handle the auto targeting stuff like the consoles do. Using a stick to control the cursor for targeting would suck on PC, unless they somehow made it target similar to the console versions.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:No, only console to console, Alex.
:cry: :evil:

I have a lvl 60 barbarian so it should not be that big a deal but I had to play through the game three times? to get there. I played some today and Im kinda attached. :P

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, you'd have to play through it once more to unlock adventure mode on PS4, then you never would have to again. Then you just do bounties which has you hopping all over the world to kill a named NPC, getting rift shards to go into the randomized rifts, etc.

I leveled 2 other toons to 70 starting at level 1 doing nothing but bounties and rifts, so you never have to slog through the story mode again after you beat it once in RoS.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Finally picked this up for PS4....as I no longer play my 360. Still my favorite game by far....just absolutely love this game. Anyway as I was playing through the story, I somehow noticed an item i tried to pick up but it said "Gift for RockjawMcgraw"....AKA tcrouch. Anyway, I have no idea how that happened but I noticed on my menu within the game an option to send the gift.. So Terry you should have received some free Legendary item....of course you probably have it already or have stuff that's much better. I never ever saw that happen on my 360 version.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

That's all new to the PS4 version--thanks :lol:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I ended up with 360 and XB1 Ultimate Evil editions. I have the 360 opened already. It'll be at my son's place and I can play it there. Is there any compelling reason to keep the XB1 version and play that instead? I am brand new to Diablo.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

I'm not positive about this but besides the graphical difference I think that only the next gen and pc versions of the game will get any new patches or updates that come out.

Multiplayer would be a consideration also I guess (which console you want to play it on).

You can always transfer your character from 360 to XB1 if you decide to switch later (at least you could with the regular version of the 360 game).

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Pete1210 wrote:I ended up with 360 and XB1 Ultimate Evil editions. I have the 360 opened already. It'll be at my son's place and I can play it there. Is there any compelling reason to keep the XB1 version and play that instead? I am brand new to Diablo.
Yes there is a difference as Terry pointed out. The XB1 version is similar to the PC version as the game play and marketplace have been tweaked. You won't see that on the 360 or PS3.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Rodster wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:I ended up with 360 and XB1 Ultimate Evil editions. I have the 360 opened already. It'll be at my son's place and I can play it there. Is there any compelling reason to keep the XB1 version and play that instead? I am brand new to Diablo.
Yes there is a difference as Terry pointed out. The XB1 version is similar to the PC version as the game play and marketplace have been tweaked. You won't see that on the 360 or PS3.
Would that pertain to the Xbox 360 Ultimate Evil Edition as well?
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yeah, the Ultimate Edition for the PS3 and 360 are different from the PS4 and XONE versions.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Picked it up.

Didnt comprehend how it could be better on a console. I see the light. Love it.

Nice new touches. For example... Received a gift from Mix and sent one to someone.

Crazy loot compared to what I had on the pc when I did my original play throughs.

Glad to see the auction hose gone. That belongs in WoW where it is a mini game in itself.

Addictive f***in game.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XXXIV wrote:Picked it up.

Nice new touches. For example... Received a gift from Mix and sent one to someone.

Crazy loot compared to what I had on the pc when I did my original play throughs.

Glad to see the auction hose gone. That belongs in WoW where it is a mini game in itself.

Addictive f***in game.
Is it as seamless to pop into and out of friends' games as it was on the PC?

I've got the game, but I'm not touching it until I finish DA:I.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I tried the demo on the PS3 awhile back and it's just didn't pull me into the game. I'll wait for the PS4 version to drop around $20 and I'll try it again.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Picked it up.

Addictive f***in game.
Is it as seamless to pop into and out of friends' games as it was on the PC?

I've got the game, but I'm not touching it until I finish DA:I.
Havent tried it. Looks easy enough on the pause screen.

You do have the right idea. DA is the one.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yes, it's as easy. From the main menu, if a friend is playing, you can cursor over to him and hit join party if his game is set to allow friends.

I played with somebody a couple of weeks ago, I forget who it was, doing that. Just some random "Oh look somebody's playing Diablo" and then we played for a few minutes.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:Yes, it's as easy. From the main menu, if a friend is playing, you can cursor over to him and hit join party if his game is set to allow friends.

I played with somebody a couple of weeks ago, I forget who it was, doing that. Just some random "Oh look somebody's playing Diablo" and then we played for a few minutes.
Im going to be playing almost every night this week.

This game is saving me the monthly WoW subscription fee. I hope I can make it the Witcher
3 without caving.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

What system did you get it on?

I may have to get it on XB1 if that's what you're playing on.