Confession

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Confession

Post by Aristo »

I decided it was time to come clean. I am Jayhawker, who was banned about seven years ago.

Today I came clean to Jared, and asked if I could re-join the community. I have been posting as Aristo for the last two years, but it's not really how I want to be in this community.

The main thing is, I was pretty upfront with Jared that not only did I deserve to get banned, but in looking at my posts in the months leading up, I was really being a dick. I wasn't too proud of a lot of my conduct. There are plenty of you here that had issues with me, and all I can do is apologize.

Its all water under the bridge to me, and I have no hard feeling to anyone. But I don't assume anyone I may have had issues with feel the same way. Please let me know if any of you have anything that should be addressed.

In the big picture, I really want to move forward and I hope you guys can accept me back. Jared has welcomed me back, which I appreciate a ton. But I really fet like I needed come clean with the forum to be a real member of the community.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Confession

Post by sportdan30 »

Wow! This post took me by surprise. I had always wondered what happened to you, and was fortunate to track you down over at Gamerswithjobs. I registered there, but never fully felt compelled to post often. The thought of starting over at another board wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I enjoy this community as it seems smaller and for the most part, we know and understand one another's personalities. I'm happy to hear your confession, and welcome you back proudly.

Always nice to have a fellow Jayhawker on board. Now, Mizzourah and Tjung might not be so happy! :lol:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

80 something views and no other replies besides me. I guess you weren't the only "dick".

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Or he just thinks that it's a bigger deal than it is...which is what I told him via PM. Who cares really? It's only an internet forum after all.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Never knew what the kerfuffle was in the first place so...fine by me. C'mon in. It's not like you haven't been here for awhile anyway, right? :twisted:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Exactly. I saw "Confession" and clicked it, and then went "eh...I remember a Jayhawker name, but that's about it. Oh well."

Don't think it was nearly as big a deal as it seems to him, but when you're embarrassed about your own behavior, that tends to happen. I know I've done sh*t in my life that I feel like a total d***** about, but not many people remember (or care).

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

An alias of an alias.

Hmm, guess we won't be logging onto DSP with our FB IDs any time soon.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I don't remember you - but at that time, I was a mod at OS (which I really don't even visit anymore) - so I did not come here much...

and there are a lot of dicks(some bigger than others) here - including myself.

<confession>

My name is Brad and I play Rocksmith.

</confession>
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Not a big deal guys. As I seem to recall, it was a only a couple people he had a issues with....(bdoughty being one I think.....where is he anyway?). It seems that when so much time passes, people tend to forget or don't care anymore. Either way, I think it's nice he at least felt compelled to get it off his chest. Right or wrong, who knows!

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

sportdan30 wrote: It seems that when so much time passes, people tend to forget or don't care anymore. Either way, I think it's nice he at least felt compelled to get it off his chest. Right or wrong, who knows!

The older I get, the easier it is for me to forgive others but the harder it is for me to forgive myself.

As far as Brent? I have no idea - I actually send him a XBL friend request the other day - and it is still sitting there.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I got a friend (was my best man in my wedding)who basically ceased all communication with many of my friends, including myself about 8 or 9 years ago. That's a dick move on his part, but should he come around my house or call me up one day, I'm sure I'll let him know what a jerk he was, but then we'd pick up like old times.

Actually, I think Brent might be over at another sports gamer forum with Jason. I'm pretty sure it's a smaller forum than this.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Considering that we all still speak to each other after 168,972 pages of verbal kidney punches in the political threads, I would say DSP is a place that lets water pass under the bridge. Aristo, thanks for letting us know, and welcome back regardless of what nom de plume you want to use.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Brando70 wrote:Considering that we all still speak to each other after 168,972 pages of verbal kidney punches in the political threads, I would say DSP is a place that lets water pass under the bridge. Aristo, thanks for letting us know, and welcome back regardless of what nom de plume you want to use.
I agree.

I let Brando speak for me :P

I did not remember jayhawker but I think Brent was banned a year or two ago?

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

sportdan30 wrote:I got a friend (was my best man in my wedding)who basically ceased all communication with many of my friends, including myself about 8 or 9 years ago. That's a dick move on his part, but should he come around my house or call me up one day, I'm sure I'll let him know what a jerk he was, but then we'd pick up like old times.
I have screwed my friends over many times - not really knowing what I was doing at the time. When I was younger and single, I shared a place with my best friend.... I changed jobs or something and quickly just left.. and did not offer to pay for the rent until he found a new body to live with him... or help pay any bills after I was gone... It took YEARS for me to think about what I had done... and not only did I do this once, I did it twice to the same guy..... When I thought about it many years later, I told him I was sorry and offered him some cash.. he would not take it so I bought him a new xbox 360 instead and just gave it to him out of the blue.....

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

XXXIV wrote:
Brando70 wrote:I did not remember jayhawker but I think Brent was banned a year or two ago?
Brent has been banned from more places, more times and for more reasons than I can count.

I banned him from OS about 7 years ago....
Last edited by bdunn13 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

It's appreciated. It's one of those things that I thought might not be a big deal, but then thought that assumption might be wrong.

I did not take a lack of comments as a bad thing. I took it as it not being a big deal to people.

I wasn't looking for a kumbaya moment. Just trying to show up and not pretend that crap I said in the past didn't happen. I'd be as forgiving as everyone here, but that is each person's prerogative.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

I'm waiting for some kind of punk'd moment in this thread to come, like way back years ago when a couple of regular posters (Leebo maybe one of them?) had people thinking there was a real life conflict where one stalked the other ones house or something. Since then things like this don't really get me to react one way or the other.

I vaguely recall Jayhawker being banned, but I don't remember (or care) why. I guess it's good to know who you really are, assuming Jayhawker is your real name. :wink:
-Matt

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Welcome back? :) Lol. It's all good in my opinion.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

As one of those "few guys" he already spoke to me and others via Pm and I said I didn't care. I honestly had forgotten whatever the issue was and have no desire to look it up.

However I question why someone would keep this thread going by calling other people dicks. Just flat out ridiculous IMO.

Jayhawker did the right thing by contacting some of us and I respect him for that. Honestly a whole hell of a lot more then someone throwing out random accusations in this thread without checking the facts. :roll:
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jayhawker (Aristo) and I discussed this via PM. I'm glad he's back.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Wow...someone doesn't get sarcasm or realize what was said was just a friendly poke. Danimal, relax. Sorry if I upset ya or anyone else. Life is short man.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:As one of those "few guys" he already spoke to me and others via Pm and I said I didn't care. I honestly had forgotten whatever the issue was and have no desire to look it up.

However I question why someone would keep this thread going by calling other people dicks. Just flat out ridiculous IMO.

Jayhawker did the right thing by contacting some of us and I respect him for that. Honestly a whole hell of a lot more then someone throwing out random accusations in this thread without checking the facts. :roll:

You're a dick. :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I like him better as Aristo anyway. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:
Danimal wrote:As one of those "few guys" he already spoke to me and others via Pm and I said I didn't care. I honestly had forgotten whatever the issue was and have no desire to look it up.

You're a dick. :D
I know that! I don't need my online friends reminding me!
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

[NHLRivals2004] Dick Fain! [/NHLRivals2004]

:P
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone