MLB 2k12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 2k12

Post by Lancer »

Diablo - do they have HH still on PC for sale? or is it freeware now? I wouldn't mind buying it for downloading it just to give it a try on the PC.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:Diablo - do they have HH still on PC for sale? or is it freeware now? I wouldn't mind buying it for downloading it just to give it a try on the PC.
Not sure. I guess it's out there somewhere.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Lancer wrote:Diablo - do they have HH still on PC for sale? or is it freeware now? I wouldn't mind buying it for downloading it just to give it a try on the PC.
Not sure. I guess it's out there somewhere.
I did a google search on Sammy Sosa High Heat 2001 and it's out there for "download".
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I've still got my copy of 2004...the best of the series as far as I'm concerned.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I've still got my copy of 2004...the best of the series as far as I'm concerned.
I have my copy of HH 2000, really loved that game.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i enjoyed 2003 a lot but that was ps2.

if I get it on my laptop, what kind of controller would I need to buy? or do they have something that lets u use a xb controller?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:i enjoyed 2003 a lot but that was ps2.

if I get it on my laptop, what kind of controller would I need to buy? or do they have something that lets u use a xb controller?
You can use a 360 controller on the PC. They have wired ones.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

I still have a copy of MVP 2005 for the pc and after checking MVP Mods might just install that one again for fun.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

where can I buy old games on PC? It seems like they don't sell them anymore. Looking for HH 03.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Lancer wrote:where can I buy old games on PC? It seems like they don't sell them anymore. Looking for HH 03.
try Amazon or ebay I would guess. I did a quick check and Amazon showed the game up for sale thru 3rd party vendors.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005 ... d_i=229575

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

They still updating MVP 05?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Checked for the demo before work today and it was listed but there was no link/button to click to DOWNLOAD. I guess it wasn't there yet. Oh well, after work I guess. I'm hoping the Show demo is up today also.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I doubt The Show demo will be up today. There's been no mention of it. Although, some Best Buys have the full game being played on their kiosks.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

There will be no demo for The Show this year.

Thought the gameplay footage of MLB 2K12 looked pretty decent. There was even a walk (!).

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

There were lots of walks last year. I've double digits. Pitch counts were really well done, and had an effect on the game. The gme had issues, to be sure. But walks wasn't one of them. It was a strength.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Where the hell is the demo???
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Teal wrote:Where the hell is the demo???
Something is dorked. I can find it by searching for it, but it stil lacks a download button. I've seen this with other games recently. Gotham Impostors was that way for awhile.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

From Ronnie2K on Twitter:

"The #MLB2K12 XBOX demo was up but then came down. Trying to get in touch with Microsoft, stay tuned."

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Latest from Ronnie on twitter:

"Microsoft has informed us that the #MLB2K12 demo will be up within 4 hours"
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I have the demo downloading right now. I did not see it in my dashboard, but it was available through the web site. I set it to download, checked my 360, and it was there.

I'm at 32% already. It's kind of flying, as I guess not many folks have fund it yet.

It's 690.12 MB. So not too big either. So I doubt there is any audio.

49% now.

miget33
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by miget33 »

Aristo wrote:I have the demo downloading right now. I did not see it in my dashboard, but it was available through the web site. I set it to download, checked my 360, and it was there.

I'm at 32% already. It's kind of flying, as I guess not many folks have fund it yet.

It's 690.12 MB. So not too big either. So I doubt there is any audio.

49% now.
And here it is

http://t.co/svT1NteU
[url=http://twitter.com/CPatt20]Twitter[/url]

[url=http://mexinjtown.blogspot.com/]My Blog[/url]

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Demo really doesn't tell you a lot. It's two innings, no commentary. The AI doesn't have a lot of work to do, although in one game in did bring in the closer in the 2nd inning.

Basically it plays just like last year. The new throwing mechanic works well, but will take some getting used to. But it accurately makes throws on the run harder. When pre-loading a regular ground ball to second, it seemed to cause my player to bobble the ball. Or he just bobbled the ball. Hard to say.

You will be ejected for beaning batters, so there is one contingent of fan made happy. But interestingly, I hit three guys n a row, and it warned both benches. So in online play you could use this to keep your opponent from throwing in. Probably not, and who knows if online play will be worth the hassle.

Check swings are fixed. I held up a swing on a pitch in the dirt, got the animation of the first base ump with the safe call and a ball was called. Last year it was bugged, and every check swing was a strike, and the ump animation did not play.

I'm not sure what I think about the variable pitching ratings. It was something I really liked in MLB 2K8 that was dumped. In 2K8, they had payoff pitches with 2 strikes and pitches in critical situations. When that happened, it gave you a box in which you had to aim for. If you hit it for a strike, you got boost. If you missed it, you lost all of your gain. you could bump a guy's 80 FB to 92 if ou worked at it. You could also turn it into a 75. It was surprisingly fun as a sort of mini-game within the game that would see you pitcher having different pitches work better or worse for him in different games.

Here, when you surrender hits, it goes down depending on how hard the hit was, or maybe just more for a HR and less for a double or single. If you get outs, it improves. But over two innings it is impossible to tell if this is pointless or overdone. All you know is that you ratings are red when going down and green when going up.

The game will also ding you for using the same pitch over and over. Each pitcher has a set % of how often he throws pitches based on his real life stats. If you go over, the meter turns yellow. When it goes red, your pitches are less effective. This seems overdone. For one, it should not register in the first three innings or so. Or at least one time through the line-up. On the plus side, it eliminates the overuse of breaking pitches which is what made it so easy for someone to get a perfect game each year. You can't just hammer away with a guy's best pitch over and over.

And really, it is going to take more than two inning games to see if the effects are dramatic, or minimal. I like the idea, but this seems a bit much. I had my meters turning yellow and red a lot, and I usually just throw what the catcher calls. So it seems too sensitive.

It is going to reward taking the time to think about what and where you are throwing to a guy. And they finally got hanging curves right. If you miss up, it also does not break as much and hitters will take advantage. I have not really delved into the pitch tracker, but you can now see what you are throwing, and to where.

I think the game looks cleaner and better. Player faces are much better. But overall, it plays and feels like MLB 2K11. For me, that's really good. For people averse to lots of info on the screen, you might get annoyed. Lots of flashing and moving graphics. I like it, and it doesn't bother me. but some are going to hate it.

Overall, this feels like the natural progression we have seen from 2K10 to 2K11, and now to 2K12. If you found those games fun, then you will be happy with this. We'll see if the ol' bugs rear their heads, and how realistic the results are in the box scores next week.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I have to give it a try. I got to the point last year where I could pitch a pretty good game, but for some reason I hit like crap. I hit like crap in the EA game as well. Maybe I just suck at hitting. But at some point I have to stop playing Skyrim....

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

Just played a 4 inning game as the Rangers won 4-0. I didn't score until the 4th so I wonder how far the game will let you go with a tie score. Pretty much 2k11, I've been playing that quite a bit lately, so it feels pretty much the same with some small enhancements/improvements. What I really like are the slow rollers, and choppers in the infield. Seems like there will be a nice variety of hits/contacts. Favorite play of the game was a high chopper over the pitcher's mound that Andrus cut across in front of 2nd and threw the runner out on the run. Very nice, never seen that in any game. There were few more choppers in the infield, that looked like they hit right out in front of the plate and were slow rollers that the infielders charged very nicely.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr