XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:Witcher 3 is delayed again until May. Last time they delayed it they promised it wouldn't be delayed again. Recent stories and rumors indicate the game is in rough shape, this is starting to scare me. I don't care about delays but this reminds me of Watch Dogs all over again.
Thats okay as I will probably still be playing Dragons Age in May. I think if you do every side quest the game takes months not hours.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

With all these games coming out f@cking broken or missing major features (AC: Unity, Master Chief Collection, Drive Club, etc) - I'm fine with a delay as long as the game works. Also gives me time to play Dragon Age at some point and get another playthrough of the Witcher 2 before the 3rd comes out.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Inuyasha wrote:
ADDED : .SEGA is giving Sony YAKUZA 5. Got a big response, never heard of the series.
Yakuza is a fun game. I actually enjoyed it more than Amy of the GTA games. The worlds aren't as big but the play is pretty solid.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Macca00 wrote: get another playthrough of the Witcher 2 before the 3rd comes out.
Nice idea. I got side tracked by life playing Witcher 2.... Though I did get up to that one scene. :P

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Injustice gods among us ultimate edition free on ps4 plus. Really liked xb360 version. Not sure if there are upgrades for next gen.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Macca00 wrote:With all these games coming out f@cking broken or missing major features (AC: Unity, Master Chief Collection, Drive Club, etc) - I'm fine with a delay as long as the game works. Also gives me time to play Dragon Age at some point and get another playthrough of the Witcher 2 before the 3rd comes out.
Again I'm not concerned about a delay but actually getting a good product. The noise coming out on this game lately leaves things a bit worrisome to say the least.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Yeah, repeated delays tend to lead to bad games. Fixes often break other things, and often, fun can't just be added in.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

EA's UFC coming to EA Access on 12/18. And here I just purchased it a week ago for $13. Oh well.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

sportdan30 wrote:EA's UFC coming to EA Access on 12/18. And here I just purchased it a week ago for $13. Oh well.
Damn, same here.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:EA's UFC coming to EA Access on 12/18. And here I just purchased it a week ago for $13. Oh well.
Hmm. Will my hatred of all things UFC and MMA cause me to skip this game, even though I have EA Access?

Decisions, decisions. I wish EA would produce a Fight Night for this generation, but low sales probably killed that series.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

got to finally download injustice, still a very fun game. Kids loving it, had say off school because of weather. It's FREE for PS PLUS.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Since sales have been discussed in this thread, there was an article in my paper that the price cut for the XB1 has finally given it a win in the monthly sales category.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

fsquid wrote:Since sales have been discussed in this thread, there was an article in my paper that the price cut for the XB1 has finally given it a win in the monthly sales category.
Get rid of equipment no one wanted, cut the price and give away games in one way to get you back in the race.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
fsquid wrote:Since sales have been discussed in this thread, there was an article in my paper that the price cut for the XB1 has finally given it a win in the monthly sales category.
Get rid of equipment no one wanted, cut the price and give away games in one way to get you back in the race.
"Equipment no one wanted" is not true at all. Many people love the Kinect...including myself. The Kinect is an essential piece of equipment in my opinion. I think many underestimate the value of it. Having the option to not buy it is great and should have been there from the start. It always comes back to the games and MS has more of them right now and better AAA titles in my opinion. That is also a reason for the sales surge. Better games, bundles and an improving economy = success. Smart move by MS.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: "Equipment no one wanted" is not true at all.
You're welcome to your opinion but I'm going by what I saw. Dropping the Kinect allowing them to decrease price. The #1 complaint I heard from people was price and not wanting the device. That still didn't help so they offered it at extremely low prices with a game. Good enough deal for me to get a 2nd one. I paid $250 for my second one with 2 games. I paid $500 for my first one with no game and a hugh hunk of plastic gathering dust.

Sure some people love the Kinect, I'm not going to argue that but the fact that Microsoft doesn't even acknowledge it exists anymore pretty much tells you that the device is only going to be good for voice commands something they could implement into the controller or wireless headset.

Interesting article on Forbes today that a copy of Windows 10 has leaked, it has an Xbox app and the Cortana interface used on the Windows phone. They guess that MS in the future will implement a dashboard overhaul and implement Cortana into the system. This might give the Kinect a better use than saying watch Tv or Snap Twitch. As a gaming peripheral the Kinect is a failure.
Follow Me on:

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Arguments go both ways. I really enjoy having the Kinect as well. Works great with Xbox Fitness and I use it plenty for Skype. I'm getting a 2nd system for my kids for Christmas, it was a pain trying to find an X1 with a Kinect in stores.

I can't fUlt Microsoft for doing the bundles. It was a business decision to narrow the gap with Sony. If people don't want the Kinect, they shouldn't be forced to buy something they won't use. Wouldn't say the Kinect is a failure by any means, as everyone I know that has the Xbox One uses it to some capacity.

The whole video device is turning out to be a fad with gaming consoles. Was definitely worth trying, but like most gaming devices like it, they turn out to be more of a gimmick that is used for a very short amount of time with the majority of people.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking forward to downloading Super Mega Baseball tomorrow on the PS4. It's gotten good reviews. Reminiscint of video game baseball past.

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/ ... -baseball/

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/14/73907 ... omen-girls

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

There's not a motion based anything on the market that isn't a fad gimmick. Wii, Move, Kinect...all of them are niche. The Kinect just has more useful options than gaming. I still enjoy putting in Kinect Sports now and then, but it's mostly used as a visual/audible remote control. That said, if I ever get an XBONE, I'll spring for the Kinect version.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Looking forward to downloading Super Mega Baseball tomorrow on the PS4. It's gotten good reviews. Reminiscint of video game baseball past.

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/ ... -baseball/

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/14/73907 ... omen-girls
Looks quite boring to me.. maybe people are starving for console baseball? Although with MLB The Show.. not sure that's it either. :) Reminds me of Nintendo baseball on the NES.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

AcemanPR wrote:Wouldn't say the Kinect is a failure by any means, as everyone I know that has the Xbox One uses it to some capacity.
I said a failure as a gaming Peripheral. Enlighten me, how often do you use the motion gestures? Do you use anything but the voice commands. Does anyone here with one use anything but thew voice commands? If so why do you need the Kinnect for that, could be done with a mic.

I'm waiting for one person to tell me it uses outside of voice commands and a camera if you stream.
Follow Me on:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Since XBO finally outsold PS4, I guess it's to talk sales now in this thread.

Question MS - how did it suddenly become ok to post systems sold vs systems shipped?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Inuyasha wrote:Since XBO finally outsold PS4, I guess it's to talk sales now in this thread.

Question MS - how did it suddenly become ok to post systems sold vs systems shipped?

Since when did it make a sh*ts worth of difference either way??? Always struck me as the most useless discussion/debate anyway...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Teal wrote:
Since when did it make a sh*ts worth of difference either way??? Always struck me as the most useless discussion/debate anyway...
Never did. Never will.

You are now dueling with an internet troll. I do it all the time! It can be entertaining!

Enjoy! :D :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Since XBO finally outsold PS4, I guess it's to talk sales now in this thread.

Don't pay much attention to him Teal life is better that way.
Follow Me on:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

awww... did poor danny boy get his hypocrisy called upon!