XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by TCrouch »

Inuyasha wrote:Ea acess is becoming a deal breaker for me.

Would you of those here with both systems still take ps4 over xbo if you had to keep one?
Absolutely, yes. PS4 games still look better and run smoother than the XB1 counterparts. The Destiny beta was another example. Side by side TV's, it still is a higher res on the PS4. Would you ever notice if all you had was an XB1? Nope. And XB1 games still look worlds better than 360 games, so it really comes down to what you prefer, personally. The color palette is extended on XB1, also. It has deeper darks and richer colors on the same TV settings, whereas the PS4 has a slightly washed out look. This is nothing new, as it was the same on 360 vs. PS3.

But already owning both (and 2 PS4's now), it would be tough for me to go back and get XB1 games knowing that they'll look marginally worse than the PS4 version, and I really like the DualShock 4 controller at this point.

But if you have neither, and EA Access is the final piece of the puzzle, you won't regret having an XB1, I'm sure. I'll get EA Access and dink around on the early release games and then buy the full versions on PS4 (or PC), as it's no different than buying the Season Ticket just to have early access before.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

As far as what system to choose? It all depends on what games you like and if you like 1st party games. For me Forza 5 was worth the price of admission and Forza Horizon 2 just piles on. When it comes to graphics both systems look good enough and both controllers have a good feel and layout and both the PS4 and One use a similar method of exiting out of a game.

For me it was all about the Forza series. If EA Access is something that you are going to enjoy then it's a pretty simple decision. As far as deals go, Amazon and Best Buy has for preorder the Xbox One Madden 15 Bundle for $399.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Inuyasha wrote:Would you of those here with both systems still take ps4 over xbo if you had to keep one?
98% yes. The only downside to the PS4 is the lack of DLNA streaming support.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

http://wccftech.com/sony-allegedly-plan ... rage-year/

Rumor has it new PS4 sku to be announced this week. Supposedly a 1TB PS4.

Wishful thinking suggest it'll be 399.99 and the current sku drops to 349.99.

Let's see what happens next week.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Rise of the Tomb Raider announced for holiday 2015 as an exclusive on Xbox.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

vader29 wrote:Rise of the Tomb Raider announced for holiday 2015 as an exclusive on Xbox.
That's a bit of a shocker. Got to think some serious cash must have changed hands over this one. It's still possible this is a timed exclusive, but yeah, this surprised me.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

GameSeven wrote:
vader29 wrote:Rise of the Tomb Raider announced for holiday 2015 as an exclusive on Xbox.
That's a bit of a shocker. Got to think some serious cash must have changed hands over this one. It's still possible this is a timed exclusive, but yeah, this surprised me.
Yep timed exclusive:
Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley

Spoke to many people here at Xbox press conference on Tomb Raider. Official line is that the game is "exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015."
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I don't mind if it's a time exclusive, although I am also a bit surprised. MS needs to do whatever they have to do in order to get fence gamers on their side. From their PR department:

This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Next X1 update will support files on USB storage.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/599472 ... na-support

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:Next X1 update will support files on USB storage.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/599472 ... na-support
And soon, TV-watching Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly into TV mode.
I love this.. :)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

New 1tb xbo $499

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I think the biggest news in Shareplay is finally coming to the PS4 only a year after launch. Being able to play games with friends without them having to own in, or have them take the controls is a really cool feature.

I thought both conferences were strong with maybe MS being a little better from a games standpoint depending upon what interest you. I didn't need to see more Destiny as I'm sold, could care less about Day Z. Overall good stuff from both.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

And soon, TV-watching Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly into TV mode.
Amen.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Pinball FX2 is now available on XB1. Free download with one free table (Sorcerer's Lair). Plus any tables you may have bought on xbox 360 will be playable on XB1 at no cost.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Pete1210 wrote:Pinball FX2 is now available on XB1. Free download with one free table (Sorcerer's Lair). Plus any tables you may have bought on xbox 360 will be playable on XB1 at no cost.
Wasn't Sorcerer's Lair the free table on Zen Pinball too?
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

July NPD results :

1. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
2. Minecraft (360, PS3)
3. FIFA 14 (360,PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
4. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
5. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC)
7. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
8. Sniper Elite III (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
9. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

August XBox One Update is out now.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The latest smart glass update gives you the ability to browse new games, add-ons, and bundles right within the app. It also lets you remotely purchase items right on your iOS device and have them automatically installed on your Xbox One.

Cool.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

10spro wrote:The latest smart glass update gives you the ability to browse new games, add-ons, and bundles right within the app. It also lets you remotely purchase items right on your iOS device and have them automatically installed on your Xbox One.

Cool.
Yep, I woke up early, about 4 am, and bought the golf club from my IPad while in bed. Then went and played.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Defying my own expectations, I really dig the new social media components of the friends feed. Awesome easily watching a friend's video and commenting on it.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Anyone picking up Diablo for the PS4? I'm considering getting it but want to know if anyone else will be around to play it with.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

RobVarak wrote:Defying my own expectations, I really dig the new social media components of the friends feed. Awesome easily watching a friend's video and commenting on it.
I agree. This has been pretty cool.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:Anyone picking up Diablo for the PS4? I'm considering getting it but want to know if anyone else will be around to play it with.
Yep, already picked up 2 copies and linked my accounts. The cool part was, my wife and I played the crap out of it on 360, and after some account management on Battle.net, we were able to import our 360 saves fine so we started with level 60 characters on PS4. Love that part, so we don't have to level up the blacksmith and jewelcrafter guy again.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Picking up on what was being discussed in the Golf Club thread, I think Microsoft drastically improved what clips get put on the activity feed. Instead of all of the random clips that get generated), it puts up the clip you make when you say, "Record That." It's part of why the activity feed is so much better now.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:Picking up on what was being discussed in the Golf Club thread, I think Microsoft drastically improved what clips get put on the activity feed. Instead of all of the random clips that get generated), it puts up the clip you make when you say, "Record That." It's part of why the activity feed is so much better now.
Ahhhh. That clears up some things.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25