XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox One AND PS4 Info

Post by Danimal »

I'm pretty sure there is no Tiger Woods coming out next year in any form. Just an FYI not trying to get you to order an XB1 :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

But that's the point. It's a lot less appealing to jump to next Gen without the games we really want to play. For me, that's NHL, NCAA, MLB 2K13, and the new Batman game. At some point there will be enough games to make a next Gen console a good deal. But its not really even close yet.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:But that's the point. It's a lot less appealing to jump to next Gen without the games we really want to play. For me, that's NHL, NCAA, MLB 2K13, and the new Batman game. At some point there will be enough games to make a next Gen console a good deal. But its not really even close yet.
So for you to go to next Gen you need to sell your current Gen console?
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:So for you to go to next Gen you need to sell your current Gen console?
I do. I never have two consoles -- don't want two. Use the sale of the prior unit to reduce the cost of the new rig. Always.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah, I'm fine with my x360 and ps3 for now.. I'm sure something will come out at some point that will make me get an xb1 or ps4, but for now I can wait.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:Yeah, I'm fine with my x360 and ps3 for now.. I'm sure something will come out at some point that will make me get an xb1 or ps4, but for now I can wait.
Yep. See zero reason for a change. None.

That Forza 5 video was the only thing that even made me think about thinking about it. Talk bout unmoved. I am unmoved.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Danimal wrote:I'm pretty sure there is no Tiger Woods coming out next year in any form. Just an FYI not trying to get you to order an XB1 :)
I know, the games I like to play aren't/won't be available for some time yet so there is no need for the next generation just yet. I know FIFA and MADDEN are available but if I remember correctly, the sports games were better on the PS2/XBOX than the newly released counterparts in 2006.
gamertag: ddtrane65

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Aristo wrote:But that's the point. It's a lot less appealing to jump to next Gen without the games we really want to play. For me, that's NHL, NCAA, MLB 2K13, and the new Batman game. At some point there will be enough games to make a next Gen console a good deal. But its not really even close yet.
You sir, are a genius!!!!
gamertag: ddtrane65

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I'm feeling just the opposite. I can't wait to get my hands on the new console. I don't game on PC, so its been 8 years already without an upgrade. All I need is one or two games to get started and I will be playing two of my absolute favorites, BF4 and NBA 2K14, on Xbox One next month. I'm also interested in an improved Kinect and some of the other new features.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

mike95 wrote:I'm feeling just the opposite. I can't wait to get my hands on the new console. I don't game on PC, so its been 8 years already without an upgrade. All I need is one or two games to get started and I will be playing two of my absolute favorites, BF4 and NBA 2K14, on Xbox One next month. I'm also interested in an improved Kinect and some of the other new features.
Couldn't have said it better myself, except replace NBA 2K14 with Forza or FIFA for me. I'm feeling the same way. It's been a loooooong time since the last new consoles. There's no doubt in my mind that the visuals will be a massive upgrade from current consoles, and further, that visuals will be among the least of the many improvements we will get.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Zeppo wrote:
mike95 wrote:I'm feeling just the opposite. I can't wait to get my hands on the new console. I don't game on PC, so its been 8 years already without an upgrade. All I need is one or two games to get started and I will be playing two of my absolute favorites, BF4 and NBA 2K14, on Xbox One next month. I'm also interested in an improved Kinect and some of the other new features.
Couldn't have said it better myself, except replace NBA 2K14 with Forza or FIFA for me. I'm feeling the same way. It's been a loooooong time since the last new consoles. There's no doubt in my mind that the visuals will be a massive upgrade from current consoles, and further, that visuals will be among the least of the many improvements we will get.
I'm with you guys. It's time for the upgrade. I'm still not sure on what launch games to get but I'll be perfectly content with BF4 and NBA2k14 to start. I've been looking at Watchdogs so we will see. MLB The Show 14 on the PS4 come spring :).
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Madden next gen presentation trailer.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I would love to see EA announce the return of MVP Baseball for the next gen systems. I love The Show and can't wait for the PS4 version but it would be nice to see a legit competitor arrive on the scene. Just saying.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:I would love to see EA announce the return of MVP Baseball for the next gen systems. I love The Show and can't wait for the PS4 version but it would be nice to see a legit competitor arrive on the scene. Just saying.
Doesn't make financial sense. Sony can get away with releasing The Show because it's a first party game. I just read somewhere the other day that The Show only sold 700k copies last year, that's not going to cut it for a 3rd party publisher.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Microsoft ought to dust off their High Heat license and get someone to make a game for them. And personally, I'd take a polished version of 2K baseball.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I would love to see EA announce the return of MVP Baseball for the next gen systems. I love The Show and can't wait for the PS4 version but it would be nice to see a legit competitor arrive on the scene. Just saying.
Doesn't make financial sense. Sony can get away with releasing The Show because it's a first party game. I just read somewhere the other day that The Show only sold 700k copies last year, that's not going to cut it for a 3rd party publisher.
Financial sense or not I'd still like to see it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm reading where EA said that Baseball games are not huge sellers which is why they thought 2K was nuts for spending so much money to lockdown the MLB license.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Fan made, but pretty cool.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Aristo wrote:Fan made, but pretty cool.

That is cool. Anyone know what that game is between 6-10 seconds in?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Sunset Overdraft by Insomniac

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Spooky wrote:
That is cool. Anyone know what that game is between 6-10 seconds in?
I'm pretty sure that is Sunset Overdrive from Insomniac games, the makers of the Spyro and Ratchet and Clank games as well as the Resistance games for PS3 and most recently the poorly received Fuse for both PS3 and 360. This game will be exclusive for Xbone.

It's supposed to be an open world shooter in the mold of a GTA or Saints Row or Crackdown but with much more stylized combat and looks, and crazy wall jumping and high flying wire sliding and such. Those images were from the MS E3 presentation when they unveiled the game, and it's pretty clear that is not in game footage at all.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Interesting. Thanks guys.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Goodness...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Guess they are delaying Watch Dogs until next year to polish it up. There goes one of my launch title must-haves.