XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Diablo25 »

Zlax45 wrote:Which bundle? I was leaning Forza Horizon since it comes with Forza 7 also
Whatever game is your fav...do it. I think their is a Battlefield V bundle out there if you want that game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Zlax45 wrote:Which bundle? I was leaning Forza Horizon since it comes with Forza 7 also
If you like racing games, then that’s a great bundle. Both games are fantastic.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Never had an issue with an Xbox One...regular, S or X...and it’s a no brainer if you can swing it, get the X. Every game looks it’s best and everything loads faster. Like I said, if you can afford it, buy it. Otherwise, you’ll still be perfectly happy w/ the S.
Yeah, I'm hoping that my and Pete's problems with the one are edge cases rather than normal.

My S and OG Xbox ones before never had any problems.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

sportdan30 wrote:Absolutely love Beat Saber on the PS VR! Family favorite.
Ditto that... Hear my family playing it in the background as I type this :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:So is the XboxOne always breaking down on people....was thinking of getting one on Black Friday with the deals. No clue if I should get the system and NBA 2k or just get the system and then buy a game? Is there a reason for the Xbox One X compared to the S?
4k and hdr gaming i believe.
The S supports 4K and HDR, too. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s

I think the S is a better value proposition right now than the X. The S supports HDR and 4K and is half the price. Sure, the X has more horsepower, with faster loading. But it does seem to have some small reliability issues, and Microsoft already has indicated it is releasing a new console in 2020.

Don't think I would want to spend $400 on a unit with some reliability niggles that will be the second-best machine in Microsoft's lineup -- and probably heavily discounted -- once the new machine is released within two years.

But that's me, and I'm a cheap f*ck.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:So is the XboxOne always breaking down on people....was thinking of getting one on Black Friday with the deals. No clue if I should get the system and NBA 2k or just get the system and then buy a game? Is there a reason for the Xbox One X compared to the S?

I think the S is a better value proposition right now than the X. The S supports HDR and 4K and is half the price. Sure, the X has more horsepower, with faster loading. But it does seem to have some small reliability issues, and Microsoft already has indicated it is releasing a new console in 2020.

Don't think I would want to spend $400 on a unit with some reliability niggles that will be the second-best machine in Microsoft's lineup -- and probably heavily discounted -- once the new machine is released within two years.

Adding to what PK said, I would get the Xbox S if you can snag a bundle for $199. We are into year 5 of this generation and I suspect we may hear about the next Xbox at next years E3 which is around 6 months away.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:

Just to be clear...
The Xbox One S won't play games in 4K...it only supports 4K video.
I disagree with Paul on this one. Yes MS will have a new console maybe by the end of 2020 but will you be a day 1 buyer? IF YOU CAN AFFORD the Xbox One X get it. It will play games a whole lot smoother and easily get you to the next generation...whenever you decide to jump in. If you are not looking to spend an extra $100 then the One S is absolutely the route to go.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

If you want to see a game like Red Dead in all its 4K glory, don’t buy an S.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

greggsand wrote:If you want to see a game like Red Dead in all its 4K glory, don’t buy an S.

But absolutely don't buy into any notion that the visuals on the S are somehow "bad" or whatever. I have an S. Won't waste money getting an X. The visuals are stunning.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

having an S and an X, if you can afford the extra $100 X is the way to go. It's a noticeable difference... IF you have a 4K HDR tv. If not then the point is moot and you should go S.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Having both it's not even a comparison get the X. Visuals are better, performance is way better.

I've tried games like RDR on both machines because I have an S in the bedroom and sometime play in there, the visuals and performance are noticeable. Even games that aren't native 4K play and look better on the X.

The extra money is worth it if you can spring for it and of course have a 4K TV.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I am back in the game....My live name is the same as before "The Zlax45"
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

First things first. Advice: Don't ever listen to the guy who still rocks an OG Xbox on a 720p plasma TV from 2009. :)

I was 100 percent wrong on the tech capabilities of the Xbox One S. It streams in 4K but doesn't play games in true 4K. Thanks, Teal, and others for schooling me.

I found a deal online where I could get the Xbox One X PUBG/RDR 2 bundle for about $375. So tempting, as I could sell PUBG and RDR 2 codes online -- already own both -- and make probably $50. Console then would cost $325. I could sell my OG Xbox, which still plays games loaded on the hard drive fine despite its balky optical drive -- for around $50. Console then would cost $275. My 13-year-old son VOLUNTEERED to chip in $50. I'll take it, pal. Console down to $225. I think I have some sh*t to sell around the house that could get the nut below $200. The grind would be worth it.

SO tempted. I don't have a 4K TV yet, but it's coming within the next year. And then my console needs would be future-proofed for the next three or four years or so, as there's no way in hell I'm buying MS' next console at launch. Especially since I can envision a launch price of $599 to $699.

Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:First things first. Advice: Don't ever listen to the guy who still rocks an OG Xbox on a 720p plasma TV from 2009. :)

I was 100 percent wrong on the tech capabilities of the Xbox One S. It streams in 4K but doesn't play games in true 4K. Thanks, Teal, and others for schooling me.

I found a deal online where I could get the Xbox One X PUBG/RDR 2 bundle for about $375. So tempting, as I could sell PUBG and RDR 2 codes online -- already own both -- and make probably $50. Console then would cost $325. I could sell my OG Xbox, which still plays games loaded on the hard drive fine despite its balky optical drive -- for around $50. Console then would cost $275. My 13-year-old son VOLUNTEERED to chip in $50. I'll take it, pal. Console down to $225. I think I have some sh*t to sell around the house that could get the nut below $200. The grind would be worth it.

SO tempted. I don't have a 4K TV yet, but it's coming within the next year. And then my console needs would be future-proofed for the next three or four years or so, as there's no way in hell I'm buying MS' next console at launch. Especially since I can envision a launch price of $599 to $699.

Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.
DO IT. You may not have the 4K TV but the performance of the games will be much better.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:First things first. Advice: Don't ever listen to the guy who still rocks an OG Xbox on a 720p plasma TV from 2009. :)

Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.
DO IT. You may not have the 4K TV but the performance of the games will be much better.
And that's precisely why I would hold off from making any decisions. The 8K HDTV's are on their way and by the time they become mainstream, I'm sure MS will sell an updated next-gen XBOX to push those pixels like they did with the X1X.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:And that's precisely why I would hold off from making any decisions. The 8K HDTV's are on their way and by the time they become mainstream, I'm sure MS will sell an updated next-gen XBOX to push those pixels like they did with the X1X.
Disagree with this approach, Rod. Tech progress ALWAYS marches on. You can stand on the edge of the board and look into the pool forever, but at some point you need to find the proper cost-horsepower-futureproofing balance in your mind and take the leap.

Plus that next-gen Xbox will be expensive at launch, and name me the last first-gen MS console that didn't have teething problems at launch.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:DO IT. You may not have the 4K TV but the performance of the games will be much better.
Yeah, and I would imagine the 4K TV coming in the next year. My Panny plasma will be 10 years old in February. It still works fine, so I bet I can get $100-150 for it locally on Craiglist.

Need to review this potential plan with the CFO and get her blessing. That's a tougher task than grinding to sell sh*t and raise funds. :)

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I wouldn’t wait around for 8k TV’s. They are years away from being more than a CES show off peice at the Sony booth. 4K and games are right now.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: Yeah, and I would imagine the 4K TV coming in the next year.
Keep you eye out for TCL Deals, there were some yesterday and I was tempted to get one, those TV's are awesome.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote: Yeah, and I would imagine the 4K TV coming in the next year.
Keep you eye out for TCL Deals, there were some yesterday and I was tempted to get one, those TV's are awesome.
Thanks. The 6 Series has been atop my TV hit list for a year. The value and performance appear to be extraordinary for the price.

Just bought a car yesterday, so the TV must wait for a while. It was time to retire the 2008 Mazda CX-9 with 148,000 miles. She was on her knees and becoming a bit of a money pit. The 2006 Toyota RAV4 with 151,000 miles is still kicking it, though. :)

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

FYI: I just confirmed through my brother (in-house counsel for Microsoft) that Microsoft is selling Elite controllers to employees for $75. It came up in a another forum, and I wanted to verify with him because Microsoft does not give employee discounts on hardware, only software. I get my Office and other MS software, including MS published Xbox games, from him.

The controllers are not for resale, so I'm not offering a deal. But it does make me think that a new Elite controller might be in the works, and MS is clearing inventory. He would not verify anything other than the employee pricing. So this might be a time to wait if you are considering a new Elite controller. But I have no idea what features a new Elite might have, nor when one might drop.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

pk500 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:DO IT. You may not have the 4K TV but the performance of the games will be much better.
Yeah, and I would imagine the 4K TV coming in the next year. My Panny plasma will be 10 years old in February. It still works fine, so I bet I can get $100-150 for it locally on Craiglist.

Need to review this potential plan with the CFO and get her blessing. That's a tougher task than grinding to sell sh*t and raise funds. :)
I went with the PubG bundle Kohls had for $399. You also got $120 of Kohls cash, which I could have used for more games, but thought it was more valuable as a tool to convince my wife :). Now just have to look for deals on a 4k tv in a few months.

The thing is nice. Amazing how much better TGC 2019 looks, and that is on a 1080p set. It's crazy to think how it is going to look better on a 4k set. All games I have tried just have an overall crisper, better look. I'm happy.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Yeah, my finger was over the order button, but I just couldn't do it. Just bought a car and a new pair of high-end headphones, plus Christmas shopping and college tuition. So discretionary money spigot is turned off for now.

Maybe Black Friday 2019. Fingers crossed my OG Xbox keeps kicking that long. :)

Congrats to you f*ckers with new hardware. I'm envious!

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Any good headset recommendations?
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I've had them all (everything from old Turtle Beach sets, wired and wireless Astros, Corsair HyperX Cloud, Turtle Beach "Elite Pro" with the controller module, the newer Astro XBox version, the TB Stealth 700 that connects directly to the XBox One...), but I love, love, LOVE the Rig 800 LX. Best headset I've ever had.

Extremely comfortable, great battery life, and I never have any sound cut-out. With other wireless sets, including my Astros, I had sound cut-outs quite a bit. I never get them with the Rig. It works on Xbox and PC flawlessly. Just a dongle that connects to the back of the console, and the headset stayed connected everywhere on the bottom floor of my house except a very back corner closet.

Highly, highly recommend it.

Rig 800 LX on Amazon