XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by XXXIV »

Teal wrote:Y'all are all "I'm gonna get the PS5! I'm getting the Xbox2"! And I'm over here going "screw that-i just bought this damned xb1!! :D
Im not ready to move on either. Why would anyone want to give M$ or $ony more $$?

Im perfectly happy with my machine but I cant stop progress.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
Teal wrote:Y'all are all "I'm gonna get the PS5! I'm getting the Xbox2"! And I'm over here going "screw that-i just bought this damned xb1!! :D
Im not ready to move on either. Why would anyone want to give M$ or $ony more $$?

If Dragons move on, so will you. Who are you kidding? By the way I am in Brisbane now, join you probably on Saturday.

I have both systems. I got the PS console for its exclusivity, the Uncharted collection, MLB, PES with the ability to get real teams, players, The Last of Us (my favorite of all time), Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, a lot of quality titles there but still play mostly on the X because of friends and Live.

Whenever that PS5 comes to fruition, I would be surprised if I don’t trade the Pro towards it.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

If Dragons move on, so will you. Who are you kidding? By the way I am in Brisbane now, join you probably on Saturday.
What? I already said if the exclusive was so crazy I would do it and Dragons is crazy enough to do that easily.

Enjoy Brisbane and hope to see you Saturday.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

One other big advantage of the Xbox for me: The Xbox controller is far more comfortable and useful to me than the PS DualShock. The spring-loaded triggers are far superior in racing games and shooters, my two preferred genres.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Danimal wrote:As for the PS4 Pro out performing the XB1X, I'm going to guess that is not a accurate statement as well.
Dan here's one of Eurogamer's more recent in depth game analysis comparing all the consoles.

"Ace Combat 7: a classic series evolves with stunning visuals. But why does PS4 Pro outperform Xbox One X?"
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... h-analysis
Come on, Rod: That's one game. You're more discerning and smarter than that.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Rodster wrote:
Danimal wrote:As for the PS4 Pro out performing the XB1X, I'm going to guess that is not a accurate statement as well.
Dan here's one of Eurogamer's more recent in depth game analysis comparing all the consoles.

"Ace Combat 7: a classic series evolves with stunning visuals. But why does PS4 Pro outperform Xbox One X?"
Now that my DSP account is live again, and I'm not in limbo...

...that game's primary development platform was PS4 Pro for the PSVR Exclusivity. It's the exception, not the norm.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Rodster wrote:

I'm sure there are isolated examples where the PS4 Pro version will outperform the same game on the XBox One X, especially with developers who have had a long term cozy relationship with Sony, going back to the original Playstation.

I can cite an example from a platform neutral developer (HB Studios) and their golf game (The Golf Club 2019), for which they made enhanced versions of the game for both the PS4 Pro and the XBox One X. HB Studios targeted a locked frame rate of 30 FPS on both consoles. In order to achieve that on the PS4, they had to cap the resolution at 1600p, whereas they were able to go full 2160p on the XBox One X.

Since both versions were developed in Unity, I think this example goes to show which console has the most raw processing power.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I'll be sticking with Xbox next gen because of Xbox Live and I probably have a couple hundred digital games from the One and 360 that will carry over. Haven't played a Playstation game since the PS2 or a Nintendo game since the original Wii.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:I'll be sticking with Xbox next gen because of Xbox Live and I probably have a couple hundred digital games from the One and 360 that will carry over. Haven't played a Playstation game since the PS2 or a Nintendo game since the original Wii.
Thats cause your old.

You get whats best for you and ignore the mob.
pk500 wrote:One other big advantage of the Xbox for me: The Xbox controller is far more comfortable and useful to me than the PS DualShock. The spring-loaded triggers are far superior in racing games and shooters, my two preferred genres.
Yes. The design is FAR FAR FAR superior and made for a mans hands.

The problem is that that Im on like my 8th one. They are not very well made or I am brutal on them.

pk500 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:EDIT: I should add if Xbox keeps EA Access and keeps Game Pass, it might be difficult for me to completely abandon MS......oooh first world problems.
Forgot about that. Another good point, another reason why I won't abandon the Xbox for the PlayStation anytime soon.

Access and GamePass save gamers a SH*T TON of money. GamePass started slowly with mediocre titles, more like a garage sale of undesirable knick-knacks. But Microsoft realized pretty quickly that gamers aren't stupid, and it started loading that service with more and more quality games, including its few exclusives from Day One.

Sony has nothing that can compare to GamePass. Not even close. EA offered Access to Sony and Microsoft. MS pounced on it, while Sony declined, saying it didn't provide value for gamers. Talk about tone deaf.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... a407315688

MS isn't stupid. Its experience with GamePass leaves it far better poised than Sony to capitalize on the rapidly arriving era in which there will be no physical discs for gaming, just streaming or subscription services.
I forgot about EA access too. It is awesome. PS4 only owners got royally f***ed by sony there.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Does anyone know how to contact Microsoft for Xbox support / repair?

I legitimately can't find a way to contact them. 800 number doesn't go to anyone. Online goes to some crazy chat system where Xbox power users get back to you maybe.

One of my 1X's the newest one so less than 7 months is having all sorts of problems. It just powers off for no reason. It can't get an internet connection unless I do a hard reboot every time and last night it wouldn't let my kid uses any apps, just said this app is not available.

I think I need it replaced or repaired but can't get in touch with anyone.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I can't answer your question, but did you try clearing the system cache? Worth a shot if not.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MS had system-wide problems with Xbox Live last night, which may have been why your kid couldn't use the apps.

But the other problems sound local. Better get in touch with MS!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wilk5280 wrote:I can't answer your question, but did you try clearing the system cache? Worth a shot if not.
Yes a few times.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:But the other problems sound local. Better get in touch with MS!
Apparently this is impossible to do. I can't find a way to contact them
Follow Me on:

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Danimal wrote:
Isn’t it: 800-469-9269??
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Google search gave me this number: In the United States, call (800) 892-5234

Give it a go!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Greg gave out the right number. 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Xbox support.. i always use the chat option on the web. usually works out better than over the phone.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I can confirm that these are easy to install for a fix to the rubber grip expansion problem on the xbox Elite controller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KS ... UTF8&psc=1
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Pete1210 wrote:I can confirm that these are easy to install for a fix to the rubber grip expansion problem on the xbox Elite controller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KS ... UTF8&psc=1
The rubber grip on the right side of my Elite is all messed up. But I am wondering if my Elite is worn out. Don't want to spend any extra $ if I need to replace the whole thing.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

My left side grip was coming off last year and I bought this silicone skin to go over the elite controller for 10 bucks on amazon, only very minor issue with it is when you have to change the battery's but other than that it has held up great for a year now. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQ ... UTF8&psc=1
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

vader29 wrote:My left side grip was coming off last year and I bought this silicone skin to go over the elite controller for 10 bucks on amazon, only very minor issue with it is when you have to change the battery's but other than that it has held up great for a year now. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQ ... UTF8&psc=1
That may be my next step. The new pieces are great - its feels like having a brand new controller. But since they are taken from actual Elite controllers I am concerned that over time I will end up with the same issue.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Nice additions to Xbox Game Pass for March. The best value in gaming just got better:

https://majornelson.com/2019/03/06/comi ... an-2-more/

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:Nice additions to Xbox Game Pass for March. The best value in gaming just got better:

That's probably why MS is releasing the XONE S Digital Edition (disc-less) supposedly in May. That's where gaming is heading, "all-digital".

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
pk500 wrote:Nice additions to Xbox Game Pass for March. The best value in gaming just got better:

That's probably why MS is releasing the XONE S Digital Edition (disc-less) supposedly in May. That's where gaming is heading, "all-digital".
I can't lie: The disc drive in my OG Xbox One is dying, and I'm very interested in a discless replacement, especially if it's $50 cheaper. I never watch DVD or Blu-Ray movies, so the disc only is used for games. And with Best Buy discontinuing Gamers Club Unlocked, the appeal of trading games with more credit is waning for me.