XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by MizzouRah »

I think we will be getting another 4k tv soon.. my wife had no idea how good Netflix 4k looked until she watched Bird Box in the bedroom and then today when I was watching it on our new 55" LG SK9000 4k TV she came in and was like, "Wow, that looks like a different movie from what I watched."

:D
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote: Gratz, enjoy the new shiny toy, Hitman 2 looks awesome too on the X.
Took your advice.. Hitman 2 was $40 on Amazon so I used my $50 gift card to grab it.

I also had $60 in Best Buy awards and purchased Forza Horizon 4 and Wolfenstein II.

Plenty of 4k games now to dive into. :D
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Hitman 2 is $30 on the Xbox store. Lot of top quality games half off right now. AC Odyssey also $30.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Elite Dangerous coming to Xbox One. Out on the PC now, extremely impressive but STEEP learning curve
Finally dove headfirst into this game over the holidays, as I'm a total space exploration/NASA geek.

Wow. The scale of this game is breathtaking. It literally covers the entire Milky Way galaxy. Complex, too, but I'm starting to get the hang of flying my ship and holding my own in combat.

This is a ruthless game. Other than some tutorials, there is no handholding. You open flying in space, with damn near limitless possibilities for combat, transporting passengers and cargo, mining, landing on planets and stars (if you have Horizons expansion), exploration and more. No prompts or pop-up boxes with ideas for the next mission.

Patience and understanding that a lot of time must be invested in this to enjoy it are a must. So far I'm digging the f*ck out of this. I've needed something different from sports games and shooters, and I'm not a fantasy-based RPG guy. Elite: Dangerous is scratching that itch well, as it's unlike anything I've ever played. Not even close.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Elite Dangerous coming to Xbox One. Out on the PC now, extremely impressive but STEEP learning curve
Finally dove headfirst into this game over the holidays, as I'm a total space exploration/NASA geek.

Wow. The scale of this game is breathtaking. It literally covers the entire Milky Way galaxy. Complex, too, but I'm starting to get the hang of flying my ship and holding my own in combat.

This is a ruthless game. Other than some tutorials, there is no handholding. You open flying in space, with damn near limitless possibilities for combat, transporting passengers and cargo, mining, landing on planets and stars (if you have Horizons expansion), exploration and more. No prompts or pop-up boxes with ideas for the next mission.

Patience and understanding that a lot of time must be invested in this to enjoy it are a must. So far I'm digging the f*ck out of this. I've needed something different from sports games and shooters, and I'm not a fantasy-based RPG guy. Elite: Dangerous is scratching that itch well, as it's unlike anything I've ever played. Not even close.
Elite Dangerous does have a steep learning curve, but the rewards are proportional to your efforts to learn it. I love the four graphics options they offer on the XBox One X: 4K/Quality, 4K/Performance, 1080p/Quality, and 1080p/Performance. I landed on 4K/Performance and find it to yield the best mix. I'd love to see all XBox One games offer these options going forth. The game's already impressive enough in 1080p, but that 4K res refines it noticeably.

I had gotten to a point where I was overwhelmed by the layers of control, navigation, planning, and attention the game requires and put it down for a few months. I just got back into it this week and I'm having to relearn some of the interface again. Your message gave me a kick in the derrier to get serious about it again. What sets this game apart is nothing about Elite Dangerous feels "arcade".

So you think the Horizons expansion is worth it? I've only scratched the surface of this game in the grand scheme of things, but I've wondered what the Horizons add-on might add to the variety.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

PK,

I haven't played that since it first came out and back then it didn't have half the stuff you just said. You flew to system, occasionally ran into someone and then maybe had a fight. It was more about exploring back then with not much to do, now it sounds like it has some meat to it. I might have to reinstall it and give it a try.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

J_Cauthen wrote:So you think the Horizons expansion is worth it? I've only scratched the surface of this game in the grand scheme of things, but I've wondered what the Horizons add-on might add to the variety.
John:

I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it. But I've read good things about it, and I would think the ability to land on planets, stars and asteroids and explore would be incredible.

Just getting into Elite: Dangerous here, but I'm almost certain I'll buy the Horizons expansion. I'm such a space/astronomy/NASA geek that I know I can't resist.

Yeah, I'm one of those dudes who spent 10 minutes last night staring at the pictures of the snowman-shaped Ultima Thule rock that NASA's New Horizons probe flew past in the Kuiper belt at the outer edges of our solar system. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:PK,

I haven't played that since it first came out and back then it didn't have half the stuff you just said. You flew to system, occasionally ran into someone and then maybe had a fight. It was more about exploring back then with not much to do, now it sounds like it has some meat to it. I might have to reinstall it and give it a try.
There's a lot of sh*t going on in the game now, Dan. It makes the game more daunting and more appealing. And that's not even counting the Horizons expansion, which allows you to land on and explore planets and other celestial objects.

Despite lacking the balls to dive in until last week, I've kept good tabs on the development, refinement and expansion of this game. The developers are fanatics about the world they have created and very responsive to the community. I dig that.

I'm slowly but surely getting hooked. The scale of this game blows my f*cking mind.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote: There's a lot of sh*t going on in the game now, Dan. It makes the game more daunting and more appealing. And that's not even counting the Horizons expansion, which allows you to land on and explore planets and other celestial objects.
Is that a coming expansion for Horizon 4? I've read some of the planned info for Horizon 4 DLC 1 and 2 and I didn't see anything related to that. It would be cool to see that. If you guys are talking about Horizon 4, I hope they would consider adding bikes to the game but a quick glance on the Forza forums says the devs don't have any future plans to add consider adding bikes.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
pk500 wrote: There's a lot of sh*t going on in the game now, Dan. It makes the game more daunting and more appealing. And that's not even counting the Horizons expansion, which allows you to land on and explore planets and other celestial objects.
Is that a coming expansion for Horizon 4? I've read some of the planned info for Horizon 4 DLC 1 and 2 and I didn't see anything related to that. It would be cool to see that. If you guys are talking about Horizon 4, I hope they would consider adding bikes to the game but a quick glance on the Forza forums says the devs don't have any future plans to add consider adding bikes.
We're discussing the space exploration/flight simulation game Elite: Dangerous, which includes an expansion called Horizons, not Forza Horizon.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

This looks like it could be good:
Spike Volleyball Arrives on February 5 For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC/Steam

Bigben Interactive will release Spike Volleyball on February 5 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC/Steam. The indoor volleyball game will cost $39.99, reproduced through motion capture and Unreal Engine 4, featuring 50 men’s and women’s national teams.

https://www.operationsports.com/spike-v ... -pc-steam/
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It’s all about the games. If the games aren’t that good then the console will take 2nd place. This console gen, Sony killed it with exclusives. My console time is 85/15% PS4/XONE.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
It’s all about the games. If the games aren’t that good then the console will take 2nd place. This console gen, Sony killed it with exclusives. My console time is 85/15% PS4/XONE.
True for you.

For me it was about Xbox Live. 100% XONE 0 % PS4.

First time I skipped on a Sony machine altogether as I had 2 PS3's I hardly even touched to play games... Id say it was a total waste of money but I did use them as blu ray players for years.

Unless MS bails on the business or the PS5 shits gold bars Its probably another pass....Of course if its the right exclusive...Who knows...I did change my mind once before when I rebought a PS2 to play GTA SA.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm with XXXIV. The PS5 could wash my clothes, cook me dinner and lick my balls, and I'll still almost certainly stick with Xbox because Live has destroyed every incarnation of PlayStation's online service. I don't expect that to change with the next generation.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MS won't bail on this rd and probably the next rd as well but consoles will drastically change after the next generation. Digital sales have exceeded expectations for publishers and is far ahead of schedule. The rumor is MS will drop a stream only console pretty soon before the next rd of consoles show up and that's where this is all heading in the not too distant future. It's all about services with EA, Microsoft and Sony offering their own streaming services.

Back to the Playstation, for me it was all about the killer games that were exclusive to Sony like Bloodbourne. I don't play MP that much so that's not a hook for me whereas AAA exclusives do and Sony hit it out of the park this rd. Everything else is pretty much 3rd party stuff and 90% of the games tend perform better on Sony's platform vs the Xbox (like for like). Hell, even comparing games on the PS Pro vs the X1X, games tend to still favor the PS Pro as far as performance even though the X1X is the more powerful machine.

I like the Forza series and own everyone in the series but it's been there done that. What else has Microsoft done regarding exclusives that make it a system seller? I can't count too many games and even MS has owned up to that fact by buying up a lot of studios for the next gen consoles.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I have a PS4 Pro mainly for exclusives but 95% of my gaming time is on the XB1X (or PC). I mean realistically I've probably bought and played 4-6 Sony exclusives in this generations life time. None of them have multiplayer worth playing so once I'm done with that game I'm done.

Exclusives are great but can only carry you so far and Sony's online as PK said is shite on a stick. You're honestly the first person I've ever read to say that game perform better on PS online service. I can't even wrap my head around that statement.

As for the PS4 Pro out performing the XB1X, I'm going to guess that is not a accurate statement as well.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:As for the PS4 Pro out performing the XB1X, I'm going to guess that is not a accurate statement as well.
I have both and with my limited head to head comparisons I can say that the PS4 Pro is definitely not more powerful, nor does it perform better than the Xb1 X. Any game that was multiplatform that I had on PS4 Pro, I switched them out for the XB1 version. Everything loaded faster, less stuttering and was higher resolution. Games like NBA 2k, Madden, GTA5 for example.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Definitely only going with one main console next generation. Simply not enough time or desire for all three consoles anymore.

Leaning heavily towards the PS5. Sony's exclusives have been unmatched (not even a comparison this gen ), gotta have my baseball fix even tho The Show is getting a little stale, and the option for VR (can't wait to see how much better it gets). Online gaming ranks dead last as a priority, and I do realize I'm in the minority.

EDIT: I should add if Xbox keeps EA Access and keeps Game Pass, it might be difficult for me to completely abandon MS......oooh first world problems.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:EDIT: I should add if Xbox keeps EA Access and keeps Game Pass, it might be difficult for me to completely abandon MS......oooh first world problems.
Forgot about that. Another good point, another reason why I won't abandon the Xbox for the PlayStation anytime soon.

Access and GamePass save gamers a SH*T TON of money. GamePass started slowly with mediocre titles, more like a garage sale of undesirable knick-knacks. But Microsoft realized pretty quickly that gamers aren't stupid, and it started loading that service with more and more quality games, including its few exclusives from Day One.

Sony has nothing that can compare to GamePass. Not even close. EA offered Access to Sony and Microsoft. MS pounced on it, while Sony declined, saying it didn't provide value for gamers. Talk about tone deaf.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... a407315688

MS isn't stupid. Its experience with GamePass leaves it far better poised than Sony to capitalize on the rapidly arriving era in which there will be no physical discs for gaming, just streaming or subscription services.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

It really all depends on what your preferences are and what you already have invested in. For the little gaming time I have, all my friends and family are already within the XBox Live community, so for multiplayer there is no contest. Likewise, most of the exclusives being mentioned for PS4 are games I have never even heard of. Doesn't mean that aren't awesome, but just that in my small world I am not aware of them so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. Sports, racing, some FPS are my main games and XBox 1 X does everything I need. Baseball is the only thing I miss, and just like NCAA football, I have just gotten used to not having it. Playstation VR was slightly intriguing to me, but since I already have Rift for PC, the PSVR really does not offer anything extra in comparison.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Y'all are all "I'm gonna get the PS5! I'm getting the Xbox2"! And I'm over here going "screw that-i just bought this damned xb1!! :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:As for the PS4 Pro out performing the XB1X, I'm going to guess that is not a accurate statement as well.
Dan here's one of Eurogamer's more recent in depth game analysis comparing all the consoles.

"Ace Combat 7: a classic series evolves with stunning visuals. But why does PS4 Pro outperform Xbox One X?"
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... h-analysis

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote: "Ace Combat 7: a classic series evolves with stunning visuals. But why does PS4 Pro outperform Xbox One X?"
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... h-analysis
First I own multiple version of each console. I own both so I can play those AAA exclusives you mentioned so this isn't me fan boying but responding to your post like everyone else.

You picked one example and from a notoriously agenda driven Playstation site on a literal piece of s*** game. Could it be this one game that grew up on Sony's system and is big outside the US got better treatment from the programmers? If the XB1 version isn't optimized that is on them. Even the reviewer is puzzled why it isn't better on the XB because he knows it should be.

I also like DB don't need reviews I have both systems, the eye test doesn't lie. I get it you like the PS, that doesn't make it more powerful the than XB1X it just not a factual statement and not even worth debating it so outlandish.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Love my PS4 Pro but its not as good as the XB1X. I only play The Show on the PS4 Pro. There aren’t too many Sony exclusives that get me all warm inside. Yes, The Show but not much beyond that. God of War is evidently a sweet game but its not my cup of tea.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25