XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:2 months ago I turned on my XB1X to find about 1/2 of my game library missing. On top of that I could not reinstall the missing games, getting an instant "Installation stopped" pop up. After going through troubleshooting with Xbox support, the only fix that worked was a complete reset of the console. Then I had to reinstall all my games and apps (glad I don't have data caps)

Needless to say, I was a little upset when the same thing happened this week. Spoke with Xbox support again and they are going to replace the console. Just to make sure I ran full WD diagnostics on my external HD and found no problems there.
Damn, that sucks. Do you have to return the other one?
Yes. I opted to pay $15 for Advanced Exchange which means they express ship me the new console, then I send mine back in the same box. Otherwise you have to send in your console first and it could take a few weeks.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:2 months ago I turned on my XB1X to find about 1/2 of my game library missing. On top of that I could not reinstall the missing games, getting an instant "Installation stopped" pop up. After going through troubleshooting with Xbox support, the only fix that worked was a complete reset of the console. Then I had to reinstall all my games and apps (glad I don't have data caps)

Needless to say, I was a little upset when the same thing happened this week. Spoke with Xbox support again and they are going to replace the console. Just to make sure I ran full WD diagnostics on my external HD and found no problems there.
Yes. I opted to pay $15 for Advanced Exchange which means they express ship me the new console, then I send mine back in the same box. Otherwise you have to send in your console first and it could take a few weeks.
Sounds good.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

https://majornelson.com/2018/09/26/xbox ... ober-2018/

Looks like Microsoft took out the trash once again with its October Games with Gold. I'm grateful for free games, but there's absolutely no question games that formerly would have been GWG titles instead are heading to Xbox GamePass, a revenue source. This leaves meager scraps for GWG.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I hated it when Sony started this free games with online subs. I hated it when Microsoft joined the party. I'll be glad once it's done.

Gamepass is a good deal for those that are new to the system, or if they are more casual and don't buy games the week the come out, but can enjoy one of the 100+ titles they have for a month fee. Or, if you were going to buy 2 or 3 exclusives day one, then it pays for itself.

All the free games do is create task I do where I download or "buy" each game, just ion case, only to never play it again. And it costs MS and Sony money to do this. That is money that can go to what I'm actually paying for, which is a strong and robust gaming network. I don't need free random games.

Right now I'm irritated that I would buy all the DLC that comes with the Ultimate FH4 edition for $40 and play the game days early, but that's not an option.. They want $100 for a game that will be on my Gamepass list a few days later. I don't need the whole game. So I will wait to play, even though they would have gotten my money.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Aristo wrote:Right now I'm irritated that I would buy all the DLC that comes with the Ultimate FH4 edition for $40 and play the game days early, but that's not an option.. They want $100 for a game that will be on my Gamepass list a few days later. I don't need the whole game. So I will wait to play, even though they would have gotten my money.
This is my complaint now with FH4...oh well. I'll wait and buy the add-ons as they release.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Anyone get errors E102 and E105 on their XBOX ONE X? I can't get mine to factory reset. Freaking 2nd system that has died.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

To anyone who's interested Victor Vran is free this month for XBL Gold members. It's a Diablo III clone that's pretty fun although it gets a little repetitive at times but hey free is free.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I finally got a PS4 - the Spiderman bundle. And I got Horizon Zero Dawn.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:I finally got a PS4 - the Spiderman bundle. And I got Horizon Zero Dawn.
I'm torn to tell which one to play first, both our excellent but to me HZD is still one of the best games of the last 10 years.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/assassins- ... _il5ITx_TQ

Gold edition with Season Pass $66 down from $99 XB1
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:I finally got a PS4 - the Spiderman bundle. And I got Horizon Zero Dawn.
Congrats Pete. Is it a PS4 Pro or the OG PS4?
Get The Show...seriously.
HZD is one hell of a beautiful game.
Spider-Man is pure fun. Great game.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Congratulations Pete, absolutely loved both games. HZD is a fantastic ride with perhaps the best ever visuals on a PS4. Spider-Man is goty for me...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yeah, I also picked up a Spiderman bundle. Amazon has 6 months no interest and I needed a 2nd PS4 to transfer some games from an external drive.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Pete1210 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Just to copy my experience from the Ice Dragons hockey thread. My XB1X died in a manner very similar to what Pete described. However, I was just out of warranty (11 days!). They offer a grace period, so I’ll get a covered repair, but was not offered Advance Replacement. Only a $10 expedite fee to speed up their end of the process by 8-10 days.

Hopefully this does not become a common failure problem. Anecdotal searches online point to the HDD being something of an issue it’s the X, but nothing on the level of the RROD of days gone.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Speaking of the XB1X, one of mine is giving me an odd problem. Once in a while the internet just doesn't work. It is hard wired and the rest of the house and my 2 other 1X's work fine. In order for me to get it to work I need to do that reset thing where you unplug the power and hold the power switch for 30 seconds.

Anyone experience this? Should I contact Microsoft, I'm sure I'm out of warranty or just trade it in for a new one.
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:
I got the 1TB slim bundle, not a Pro, that's going for 200 at many retailers for Black Friday.

I started with Spiderman last night.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Danimal wrote:Speaking of the XB1X, one of mine is giving me an odd problem. Once in a while the internet just doesn't work. It is hard wired and the rest of the house and my 2 other 1X's work fine. In order for me to get it to work I need to do that reset thing where you unplug the power and hold the power switch for 30 seconds.

Anyone experience this? Should I contact Microsoft, I'm sure I'm out of warranty or just trade it in for a new one.
I had the “quick power up” option (or whatever it’s called) turned and was having problem with not being able to connect to WiFi. Turning it off fixed the issue. Eventually, one of the OS updates fixed it permantely for me a few months ago.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
I got the 1TB slim bundle, not a Pro, that's going for 200 at many retailers for Black Friday.

I started with Spiderman last night.
Yeah I saw you had started it (I sent you a friends request). Its such a beautiful game. The PS4 Pro amazesa me in that its not as powerful as the XB1X but some games (HZD, Spider-Man) look a bit better than anything I have played on the XB1X. Congrats on the system.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

So is the XboxOne always breaking down on people....was thinking of getting one on Black Friday with the deals. No clue if I should get the system and NBA 2k or just get the system and then buy a game? Is there a reason for the Xbox One X compared to the S?
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Zlax45 wrote:So is the XboxOne always breaking down on people....was thinking of getting one on Black Friday with the deals. No clue if I should get the system and NBA 2k or just get the system and then buy a game? Is there a reason for the Xbox One X compared to the S?
4k and hdr gaming i believe.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Zlax45 wrote:So is the XboxOne always breaking down on people....was thinking of getting one on Black Friday with the deals. No clue if I should get the system and NBA 2k or just get the system and then buy a game? Is there a reason for the Xbox One X compared to the S?
Never an issue with my S.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The Xbox One has been a solid system. No real history of breaking down. As far as the Xbox One S vs the Xbox One X...The X is the more powerful system - 4K, HDR, more horsepower, etc. If you can afford it it is a no brainer. The S is still a nice system for the price.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Never had an issue with an Xbox One...regular, S or X...and it’s a no brainer if you can swing it, get the X. Every game looks it’s best and everything loads faster. Like I said, if you can afford it, buy it. Otherwise, you’ll still be perfectly happy w/ the S.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Which bundle? I was leaning Forza Horizon since it comes with Forza 7 also
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Absolutely love Beat Saber on the PS VR! Family favorite.