XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:So one of my XB1's got the fall dashboard update and now it doesn't recognized my external drive which is a bit of an issue since most of my games are on it. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?
I had some issues with none of my games showing up in Games and Apps, but rebooting solved it.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

vader29 wrote:
Aristo wrote:Just got the new XB1 dashboard. It's a big change, and I'm sure many will complain, but I think it does a nice job of really making the guide ultra useful. They moved the tabs to the top which actually makes much better use of the space. Just using the bumpers to move left and right allows formal the options of each tab to fit easily underneath. It also eliminated one the button presses to get to the home screen.

Really, the guide almost eliminates a need for the home screen now. I even deleted my pins for now.

One thing I wish they would bering back is the One Guide for apps. As we watch more Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and HBO Go, it would be nice to use the One Guide to launch those apps straight into the show or movie we want. Also, it's easier to browse multiple apps for something to watch without having to boot up and close each app. I'm guessing it was just never used much. But suddenly I found a need for it, and it is gone. :-(
Is this a preview program release or is it the regular release?
I’m in the Preview, but among the very last to get anything.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I have the preview program on my original Xbox but haven't turned it on in a couple of months, never opted in to continue with the preview program on my Xbox One S. Good to hear the update will be here Tuesday, gives us 3 weeks to predownload the 4k updates and backup our settings to transfer to the X.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Aristo wrote:
vader29 wrote:
Aristo wrote:Just got the new XB1 dashboard. It's a big change, and I'm sure many will complain, but I think it does a nice job of really making the guide ultra useful. They moved the tabs to the top which actually makes much better use of the space. Just using the bumpers to move left and right allows formal the options of each tab to fit easily underneath. It also eliminated one the button presses to get to the home screen.

Really, the guide almost eliminates a need for the home screen now. I even deleted my pins for now.

One thing I wish they would bering back is the One Guide for apps. As we watch more Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and HBO Go, it would be nice to use the One Guide to launch those apps straight into the show or movie we want. Also, it's easier to browse multiple apps for something to watch without having to boot up and close each app. I'm guessing it was just never used much. But suddenly I found a need for it, and it is gone. :-(
Is this a preview program release or is it the regular release?
I’m in the Preview, but among the very last to get anything.
Depends what tier you are in. I just got the update Thursday. I like how you can view your friends by what game they're playing.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:
Danimal wrote:So one of my XB1's got the fall dashboard update and now it doesn't recognized my external drive which is a bit of an issue since most of my games are on it. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?
I had some issues with none of my games showing up in Games and Apps, but rebooting solved it.
In case anyone else runs into the issue I had to do the following.

1. Unplug external drive.

2. Turn off XB1, unplug it and then hold power button for 10 seconds.

3. Turn back on Xb1.

4. Once on, plug in the storage device.

This worked, props to Xbox support on twitter for the answer.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I never unplugged my external drive, and the full reboot still worked.

Also, if you are lazy like me, you can also run the full reboot by going into settings -> Power & Devices and selecting full shutdown. It's the same as holding the power button.

I may drop out of the Preview altogether. I love the idea, but seriously, I have no interest beta testing updates. I'm in the last ring to get updates, but even this one was glitchy. I've only had to deal with these kinds of bugs in the Preview program. By the time they release to everyone they are pretty much buttoned up.

What I found is that after awhile, I just want to run the working OS and play games and steam media. I think they have made the dashboard progressively better, and now I am plenty happy with what they have. I don't need to jump into a new one just because.

Major Nelson has a really good overview of the new update.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:I never unplugged my external drive, and the full reboot still worked.
I was just giving people my solution in case they ran into the same issue. I obviously tried a reboot first before contacting support. Also you said you were missing games, my drive was not even being seen, sounds like 2 different issues.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

No problem. Was just adding my experience.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Just checked for the Xbox dash update and it was available for me, installing it now.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

*deleted* problem solved.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The Witcher 3 Complete edition is $20 with Xbox Live Gold right now. Its getting the XB1X treatment so - PURCHASED. :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was just thinking besides SWBF2 and AC Origins I can't think of any major releases to get excited about. I'm not talking about the rest of this year but for the next 6 months. Am I forgetting something?
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:I was just thinking besides SWBF2 and AC Origins I can't think of any major releases to get excited about. I'm not talking about the rest of this year but for the next 6 months. Am I forgetting something?
Some people are stoked about Call of Duty: World War II. I thought the demo was mediocre, so that title has dropped from my list.

I have zero games on my "To Buy or Consider Buying" list through the end of this year. First time I've entered Black Friday with no gaming purchase plans in years.

Enjoying the embarrassment of riches in my gaming collection now. No need for any new titles, as I have bought five or six games since August.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am looking forward to FarCry 5 in Feb-Mar, whenever the release is.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... e-them-all

Thought this interesting read considering the talk about the Pro and Xb1X here.
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Really don't care for the activity feed on the Xbox One now, everything jumbled together looks very sloppy.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:I was just thinking besides SWBF2 and AC Origins I can't think of any major releases to get excited about. I'm not talking about the rest of this year but for the next 6 months. Am I forgetting something?
Some people are stoked about Call of Duty: World War II. I thought the demo was mediocre, so that title has dropped from my list.

I have zero games on my "To Buy or Consider Buying" list through the end of this year. First time I've entered Black Friday with no gaming purchase plans in years.

Enjoying the embarrassment of riches in my gaming collection now. No need for any new titles, as I have bought five or six games since August.
Between EA Access and Games with Gold my backlog continues to grow and I'm making less game purchases.

I did buy NBA 2K18. I plan on getting Star Wars BF2 and COD WW2. I also wasn't impressed with the mp beta, but I'm a sucker for the return to WW2 and hopeful for the sp campaign.

That's it for the rest of this year, outside of any cheap BF deals that come up.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

When is Red Dead Redemption 2 scheduled for release? That will be a MONSTER title.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

vader29 wrote:Really don't care for the activity feed on the Xbox One now, everything jumbled together looks very sloppy.
I kind of like it. I had quit looking at my feed as much. the new layout makes it a little more interesting, with more content visible at a time.

As far as I'm concerned, the updated guide is 90% of what makes the new update great.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:When is Red Dead Redemption 2 scheduled for release? That will be a MONSTER title.
They are saying Spring of 18 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s delayed til Fall 18.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Hey Diablo this was early today at the MS store.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Hey Diablo this was early today at the MS store.

NICE!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I really am curious who is on the Microsoft software team. The new dashboard is a travesty to any form of cohesive design. What a disaster. Way too difficult to do things. For example they pimp the hell out of Xbox live and gaming with friends yet it takes three clicks to even see your friends list and who's playing what. It keeps getting worse and worse. Can we go back to the Original Xbox 360 dashboard please? That was the last time it was good.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I really am curious who is on the Microsoft software team. The new dashboard is a travesty to any form of cohesive design. What a disaster. Way too difficult to do things. For example they pimp the hell out of Xbox live and gaming with friends yet it takes three clicks to even see your friends list and who's playing what. It keeps getting worse and worse. Can we go back to the Original Xbox 360 dashboard please? That was the last time it was good.
The blade UI on the 360 was the best. The Windows 8/Metro UI design has been one giant clusterf##k of epic proportions.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I really am curious who is on the Microsoft software team. The new dashboard is a travesty to any form of cohesive design. What a disaster. Way too difficult to do things. For example they pimp the hell out of Xbox live and gaming with friends yet it takes three clicks to even see your friends list and who's playing what. It keeps getting worse and worse. Can we go back to the Original Xbox 360 dashboard please? That was the last time it was good.
Spot effing on. Bull's eye.