XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Inuyasha »

Why are you people so angry? It's freaking video games. A hobby. Reality check people! No need to lose years off your life for this. Save your anger for real life stuff.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Rodster wrote:
wco81 wrote:Well the console companies care, or else you wouldn't see all these deals.

Games developers care, or else the Wii U would have more third party games.

MS is under pressure from some activist shareholders to sell off or get out of the Xbox business.

So I'm guessing people who work in that unit care.

Otoh, maybe if a big enough gap opens up, especially in worldwide sales, maybe MS will double up and start a new console generation sooner than later.

Considering how small the jump is between this generation and the last gen, versus the jump between Xbox/ps2 and the 360/PS3, the sooner the better.
I can see the move to another console. In fact I'm surprised neither Sony or MS has made the jump to 4K. This would be a good opportunity for MS to release another console with updated specs. Gamespot had a story about how MS intends to release another console. Given the fact that most games are on both consoles I wonder when both Sony and MS might just go in on a universal console that plays both Sony and MS games?
Good point. But I've heard rumors ms may have a trick up their sleeve with a Xbox physical upgrade that would surpass the ps4 in tech power. Depends on the #s in 2016. We will wait and see.

Also don't be surprised to see another giant make their introduction into the console market in 2016. But hush hush for now :)

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:Why are you people so angry? It's freaking video games. A hobby. Reality check people! No need to lose years off your life for this. Save your anger for real life stuff.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Doubtful the next gen console will do 4K games. Not for a $400 product.

There are a lot of 4K TVs being sold now and probably in a year or two, the only TVs you can get above a certain price point will be 4K, just as 3D TVs were offered on all TVs from better brands.

Probably they will do things like play 4K streams from Netflix and other streaming services and maybe play 4K Blu-Ray discs.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

wco81 wrote:Doubtful the next gen console will do 4K games. Not for a $400 product.

There are a lot of 4K TVs being sold now and probably in a year or two, the only TVs you can get above a certain price point will be 4K, just as 3D TVs were offered on all TVs from better brands.

Probably they will do things like play 4K streams from Netflix and other streaming services and maybe play 4K Blu-Ray discs.
Adding the hardware to be able to output in 4K would be a start. None of the consoles do it now but the 200 dollar NVidia Shield TV does it. Go figure. At least let me do 4K for Netflix at least!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

[quote="Aristo".[/quote]

You seem to be one to hold grudges Aristo.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Yeah they'll do it for streaming movies at least.

Hell a year from now, there will be boxes under $100 which can do 4K streaming with HDR probably.

But for games rendering, unlikely unless they wait until after 2020 to launch. Seems like they're committed to use power efficient hardware from now on, to control costs and keep the design small and relatively quiet. What they might do is include scaler so they would render games at 1080p but upscale to 4K, just for the marketing.

MS might try to get away without an optical drive, unless 4K Blu Ray becomes popular.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Inuyasha wrote: Also don't be surprised to see another giant make their introduction into the console market in 2016.
That could be Nintendo. Rumor has it that the Nintendo NX (codename) will be released sometime in 2016.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:
Aristo wrote:.
You seem to be one to hold grudges Aristo.
And you don't seem intelligent enough to use a complicated term like, "grudge." I can't think of a single thing I could possibly hold a grudge over with you. But then, if you don't understand the word, it's unfair of me to expect you to make a coherent point.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Some more 360 games now playable on XB1:

Braid
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION
Doritos Crash Course
Fable III
Halo: Reach
Hydro Thunder
Iron Brigade
Kane & Lynch 2
Motocross Madness
MS.PAC-MAN
Peggle
Portal: Still Alive
Spelunky
Splosion Man
Ticket to Ride™
Zuma’s Revenge!

http://news.xbox.com/2015/12/17/xbox-on ... -december/
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lately I've been having this kinect issue where is shuts off and the only way to turn it back on is a hard reset, anyone else have this issue?

I'm guessing it's time for a new kinect.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I didn't have that, but my original kinect would stop work and reset itself while playing a game..... I was still under warranty, so MS sent me a new one.

May be a similar problem.......
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Mine is long out of warranty.. I can get it fixed for $69 from MS. A reset fixes it for a couple days.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Not to pile on and my kinect is fine but the controllers though a joy to play are not made to last....

Breaky breaky eh 10s?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:Not to pile on and my kinect is fine but the controllers though a joy to play are not made to last....

Breaky breaky eh 10s?
Hate the Kinect. Damn it, now I am sounding more like the Deicide. Good luck with the elite.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

XXXIV wrote:Not to pile on and my kinect is fine but the controllers though a joy to play are not made to last....

Breaky breaky eh 10s?
The controllers are sh*t, at least the launch controllers. I went with a wired controller this time. Not giving MS anymore money on their controllers.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i never used the kinect that came with mine. want it?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

My Kinect stopped working about 3-4 months ago. Never gave it much thought to get it fixed. I never really got to experience all the benefits of it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I don't know what I would do without mine. I use it for everything involving the TV. I guess the video aspects of it aren't anything groundbreaking but I love the audio dictation stuff for gaming, powering up and powering down the TV and the console, recording game videos, etc.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah we use it purely for TV stuff.. on - off - pause - play, etc.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Yep. The latest TiVo update borked Dolby audio going through he XB1. If it's on, using FF and REW gets more and more sluggish, until it is useless. It takes just one or two commercial breaks. You can either turn Dolby off, which send a stereo PCM for audio, which eliminates surround. Or you can take the HDMI out of he console and go directly to the AVR, which lets you keep surround, but loses Kinect input for TV.

I've been rolling without XB1, but my wife is really irritated by losing her voice commands. It's not as essential using a remote, but it sure is a feature that is hard to give up.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

MizzouRah wrote:Mine is long out of warranty.. I can get it fixed for $69 from MS. A reset fixes it for a couple days.
Microsoft Xbox One Kinect Sensor w/ Dance Central Spotlight [newegg.com]
$79.99 + $5.99 S/H (Shoprunner/Premier Eligible)
Promo Code: EMCKNNX57
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Microsoft is considering a smaller, cheaper Xbox to compete with Apple TV.

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsof ... or-2015-12
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Wrong thread..
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Murph wrote:Microsoft is considering a smaller, cheaper Xbox to compete with Apple TV.

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsof ... or-2015-12
This is still in the rumor stages, but it's pretty close to what I was thinking they should have done a year ago. Instead of leveraging XBLA, though, it seems to be aimed at games from Windows Store.

If it launches, I hope it also ships with a Kinect microphone. There is no need for a camera on that product, but Kinect's voice command, along with Cortana, would beat both Apple and Roku in terms of having a next gen feature. They should then double down and release the mike for the XB1, too.