XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote: I'm not trying to stir up s*** but I don't get why the PS4 is still beating the XB1.
You spot someone 3 miles in a marathon you're never going to catch them.

Plus people are lazy. A majority of them only remember all those amazing PR moves Sony announced pre-launch. Plus you still have sites doing the graphics comparison thing. Also when is the last time you saw a negative PS4 article?

The very large lead they took at the begin due to MS PR blunders was essentially all it took and when you consider NONE of those things are even relevant now it's pretty funny. Do you recall the backlash on not having physical disks? I don't know too many people who care about that now.

As an owner of both consoles twice over. If I objectively look at it, the XB1 has done more for its customers since launch then Sony IMO. Who "wins" is irrelevant to anyone but stock holders.
Yep, very true and I agree. The start Sony got is big but recent stats still show it outselling the XB1. Your "people are lazy" statement is spot on. It applies to people's ignorance with politics too :) You would think looking at both console's pros and cons TODAY that it would be pretty much even. Oh well, I'm with you. Just enjoy the console you choose to go with.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Diablo25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote: I'm not trying to stir up s*** but I don't get why the PS4 is still beating the XB1.
You spot someone 3 miles in a marathon you're never going to catch them.

Plus people are lazy. A majority of them only remember all those amazing PR moves Sony announced pre-launch. Plus you still have sites doing the graphics comparison thing. Also when is the last time you saw a negative PS4 article?

The very large lead they took at the begin due to MS PR blunders was essentially all it took and when you consider NONE of those things are even relevant now it's pretty funny. Do you recall the backlash on not having physical disks? I don't know too many people who care about that now.

As an owner of both consoles twice over. If I objectively look at it, the XB1 has done more for its customers since launch then Sony IMO. Who "wins" is irrelevant to anyone but stock holders.
Yep, very true and I agree. The start Sony got is big but recent stats still show it outselling the XB1. Your "people are lazy" statement is spot on. It applies to people's ignorance with politics too :) You would think looking at both console's pros and cons TODAY that it would be pretty much even. Oh well, I'm with you. Just enjoy the console you choose to go with.

it's not laziness. it still stems from MS screwing up launch. This contributed to PS4 having won the cultural war already this gen and that goes a long way. if you go to gamestop or best buy and ask the sales person which to get, they will tell you get PS4 almost every time. Try it when you're at a store next time.

So for the general consumer who is not a hardcore gamer, they're going to go with whats popular and what their friends or kids friends are playing. And it always helps to have the hardware advantage to sell your system.

I play most games on xb, but when i boot up that PS4, I still get impressed how powerful that sucker is.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Inuyasha wrote: I play most games on xb, but when i boot up that PS4, I still get impressed how powerful that sucker is.
Neither console tells me how powerful they are when booting them up. If you really want to see true power, boot up a gaming rig and both consoles will be left in the dust.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Interesting read from TheVerge.com on how Microsoft plans on "making the Xbox great again."

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/10/9880 ... eak-recore
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:Interesting read from TheVerge.com on how Microsoft plans on "making the Xbox great again."

I felt like the new dashboard was the beginning of an attempt by Microsoft to re-launch the XB1. Tomb Raider was grabbed to lure in plenty of gamers, both hardcore and casual (sales figures make this look like a miss) over the holidays. Then take the impressions of new console owners form the holidays to rebrand their image.

I suspect that they understand that Tomb Raider is exactly the kind of game with a super long tail. Lara Croft is an icon, and if they can generate any buzz for the console, RotTR is a great hook. And seriously, their games line-up is fantastic. If either or both of Quantum Break and ReCore are actually hits, then combined with Crackdown 3 and Gears 4, it goes a long ways to solidifying another great year of games. And that doesn't even take into account Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, and Fable Legends.

I'm in the market for a new laptop, and I'm probably going to get a new Macbook, but the XB1 stuff does have me considering a Windows 10 machine. I even regret, a little, getting an iPhone over a new WP10 phone. But the SmartGlass app works pretty great on iOS.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:I'm in the market for a new laptop, and I'm probably going to get a new Macbook, but the XB1 stuff does have me considering a Windows 10 machine.
I tell you the one thing that works pretty well is the XB1 streaming. Now that i have the Windows 10 wireless dongle I can use my XB1 controller and if I want to stream my xb1 to my PC. I've played Madden this way more than once.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
Aristo wrote:I'm in the market for a new laptop, and I'm probably going to get a new Macbook, but the XB1 stuff does have me considering a Windows 10 machine.
I tell you the one thing that works pretty well is the XB1 streaming. Now that i have the Windows 10 wireless dongle I can use my XB1 controller and if I want to stream my xb1 to my PC. I've played Madden this way more than once.
I've done the same on my current laptop. It has a bad motherboard that has killed the sound and other issues, but it streamed Madden 16 perfectly. I bought a USB sound card and played with headphones.

I need to get Windows 10 loaded on to my iMac upstairs, because that is where I might use the feature more. I'm assuming it will stream just fine, and it is hardwired via a power line adapter. I've for when my wife and I want game and watch TV, we've had better luck using the streaming apps for Charter Spectrum and Tivo to watch on our tablets and laptops, while gaming on the XB1. You can't watch TV on the XB1 and steam gaming.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

You have to turn off so much annoying spy stuff in W10.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Nah, I like how connected everything is, and I'm not paranoid.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Finally got to play The Division Alpha for a bit, it kept freezing so I didn't get much time. I had a much different reaction than you guys. The graphics were decent but not jaw dropping like all the videos we saw. I actually liked the cover system a lot, make it far less of a run, jump and shoot game,

I really had no idea what was going on as I just follow a patrol path and shot some AI enemies I guess. Like I said the game kept freezing. The only disappointing takeaway was the graphics. Perhaps all those videos were the PC version because it really looked nothing like what they have shown.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Aristo wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Xbox One Elite bundle now $449......really great price on the best Xbox One experience..... :wink:
I'm really considering making that upgrade. It would be interesting to know how much of a difference the SSHD really makes.
Just made the swap yesterday. Somehow Gamestop gave me $300 for my 1TB Xbox, so my outlay for the new system was exactly the same as buying the non-existent Elite controller ($149.99).

So far, I have only played one round of RM and the load time were significantly faster for the digital version. LOVE the new Elite controller and can't wait to play around with the settings. LOVE the selection of sticks and the long stick in RM makes the game more far more challenging to hit straight so far. This controller might get me to buy Forza 6 since I refuse to buy a wheel......

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

DivotMaker wrote:This controller might get me to buy Forza 6 since I refuse to buy a wheel......
I've used the controller for all of my racing games since I got it, and I actually threw my pile of wheels in the garage. It's that good. I can even play a NASCAR game and hold a solid line at some place like Daytona or Talladega with the taller stick on the L stick, and Project Cars on PC is flawless with it.

I did the same thing you did...traded in my older 500GB model and got $200 or $250 for it, I forget. Moved up to that 1TB console with the elite controller and haven't regretted it for a second.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

My impressions of the controller have become more favorable with time. I still inadvertently hit the bottom paddles from time to time, but my KDR in Black Ops 3 (not that I really track it long term) has improved round over round since switching controller. The hair triggers help with firing rounds off faster, the analog sticks are more precise, and I like having crouch and reload mapped to the paddles. Definitely a solid piece of gear and glad I didn't let my initial impressions weigh too heavily on me.
GT = Wilk5280

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Looks like you guys got some sweet deals on the Elite Bundle. I have a 1 TB external HD so I'm not in the market for the deal but I still would like the HD to be internal. Between both of my XB1's I have 1.5 TB of storage. My living room has the 1 TB while the XB1 in the bedroom has the default 500 GB. I only have my "mostly played" games and apps on the 500 GB XB1. It is pretty cool to quit a game (must be digital) in one room and go to the other room and pick up where you left off. A simple 10-15 second sync is all it takes.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:It is pretty cool to quit a game (must be digital) in one room and go to the other room and pick up where you left off. A simple 10-15 second sync is all it takes.
That's the best part about this generation for sure.

I'd love to get the Elite, because those are my biggest gripes w/ the XB1, the controller and the storage space. I just don't play it enough to justify the upgrade cost.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Diablo25 wrote:Interesting read from TheVerge.com on how Microsoft plans on "making the Xbox great again."

They better start quick because PS4 just wiped them out in November NPD. Best XBO lineup ever eh'

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:

They better start quick because PS4 just wiped them out in November NPD. Best XBO lineup ever eh'
Really? Why don't you just report those numbers, Faithful Console Warrior. How bad was the bloodbath?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

When dbdynasty reports the same thing I guess he's not a troll. Dsp group think at its finest.

How about don't feed the Microsoft employee.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:When dbdynasty reports the same thing I guess he's not a troll. Dsp group think at its finest.

Who is the Microsoft employee? And where did DB say anything close to as stupid as what you posted?

Here are the numbers:

PS4 - 1.5 mil - 49%
XB1 - 1.3 mil - 43%
WiiU - 240K - 8%

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Inuyasha wrote:When dbdynasty reports the same thing I guess he's not a troll. Dsp group think at its finest.

When the f*ck have I ever quoted console sales numbers?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:

This. I don't think a single person here cares about NPD or the 'console war', or who's winning what. Personally, I have 2 PS4s and 2 XBox Ones. I don't care which side the wind blows as far as who's doing what.

That's the point that seems to be missed. Nobody here (that I'm aware of) gives two sh*ts what the NPD says for any console sales, at any time.

Add to that the argumentative "best xbox lineup ever eh" closing comment, and all it is, is a troll statement. That I'm somehow replying to again.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Well the console companies care, or else you wouldn't see all these deals.

Games developers care, or else the Wii U would have more third party games.

MS is under pressure from some activist shareholders to sell off or get out of the Xbox business.

So I'm guessing people who work in that unit care.

Otoh, maybe if a big enough gap opens up, especially in worldwide sales, maybe MS will double up and start a new console generation sooner than later.

Considering how small the jump is between this generation and the last gen, versus the jump between Xbox/ps2 and the 360/PS3, the sooner the better.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:Well the console companies care, or else you wouldn't see all these deals.

Games developers care, or else the Wii U would have more third party games.

MS is under pressure from some activist shareholders to sell off or get out of the Xbox business.

So I'm guessing people who work in that unit care.

Otoh, maybe if a big enough gap opens up, especially in worldwide sales, maybe MS will double up and start a new console generation sooner than later.

Considering how small the jump is between this generation and the last gen, versus the jump between Xbox/ps2 and the 360/PS3, the sooner the better.
I can see the move to another console. In fact I'm surprised neither Sony or MS has made the jump to 4K. This would be a good opportunity for MS to release another console with updated specs. Gamespot had a story about how MS intends to release another console. Given the fact that most games are on both consoles I wonder when both Sony and MS might just go in on a universal console that plays both Sony and MS games?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

This. I don't think a single person here cares about NPD or the 'console war', or who's winning what. Personally, I have 2 PS4s and 2 XBox Ones. I don't care which side the wind blows as far as who's doing what.

That's the point that seems to be missed. Nobody here (that I'm aware of) gives two sh*ts what the NPD says for any console sales, at any time.

Add to that the argumentative "best xbox lineup ever eh" closing comment, and all it is, is a troll statement. That I'm somehow replying to again.

Terry I have to disagree.

I stay up all night like wco and inyuasha do ( BTW the two most brilliant, though anonymous, minds I have ever read on the net!) freaking the f*** out about the npd numbers.

It is life and death my friend...life and death...