XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:
TCrouch wrote: I'm also hoping the Division is lights-out, as that's the next one my wife and I are going to tackle together.
The constant delays have worried me but I'm holding out hope that this is the game to bring DSP Poker nights back. My main online gaming now is done on the PC and that crew has a lot less humor going on.
Maybe that crew is less high. :lol:
:D :D :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

PS2 Emulator coming Monday to PS4.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Inuyasha wrote:PS2 Emulator coming Monday to PS4.
And unlike Microsoft, you'll have to pony up to play those emulated PS2 games even if you already own the game.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Rodster wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:PS2 Emulator coming Monday to PS4.
And unlike Microsoft, you'll have to pony up to play those emulated PS2 games even if you already own the game.
I'm trying to decide if $15 is worth playing GTA: San Andreas again. I did love it "back in the day", especially flying around with the jet pack.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Danimal wrote:I'm holding out hope that this is the game to bring DSP Poker nights back. My main online gaming now is done on the PC and that crew has a lot less humor going on.
Rocket League is the game you are looking for. If that one doesn't do it, nothing will. Coming to One by Feb, rumor has it. Or play ps4 now.

I'd imagine that goes over really well.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Rocket League is also available on Steam. I'm waiting to see if it goes on sale this Xmas.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Speaking of The Division if you pre-ordred on XB1 there is a close Alpha this week (I did not) but the Beta has been pushed to early 2016. Just another bad sign :|
Follow Me on:

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

so for those of you with the Elite Wireless controller what are your thoughts now?

I'm not too sure I'm a big fan of the placement of the paddles underneath. Maybe I just have too much of a death grip on my controller, but those seem to be in my way. Hopefully I can adjust the way I hold the controller to account for those and get used to it. Playing a round or 2 of BLOPS 3 I also had a bit of a disconnected feeling. Not sure if there's a little bit of input lag or... I don't know. Granted, I've only used it just a short bit, but I'm not blown away by it right now. I do really like the weight and heavy duty build design, it certainly feels stable in my hands. The packed in controller feels cheaply made by comparison.
Last edited by Wilk5280 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT = Wilk5280

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I couldn't use anything else anymore. It's mapped to how I want the buttons, I hardly ever hit them by accident anymore. I don't have to let go of the sticks in something like Fallout where I'm picking up items with A. Or when I'm playing a shooter where I want to sprint to something, duck/slide and turn to grab something or reload all at the same time, I can.

The build quality is off the charts. I just can't play with any other controller anymore.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Xbox One Elite bundle now $449......really great price on the best Xbox One experience..... :wink:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:so for those of you with the Elite Wireless controller what are your thoughts now.

I'm not too sure I'm a big fan of the placement of the paddles underneath. Maybe I just have too much of a death grip on my controller, but those seem to be in my way. Hopefully I can get adjust the way I hold the controller to account for those and get used to it. Playing a round or 2 of BLOPS 3 I also had a bit of a disconnected feeling. Not sure if there's a little bit of input lag or... I don't know. Granted, I've only used it just a short bit, but I'm not blown away by it right now. I do really like the weight and heavy duty build design, it certainly feels stable in my hands. The packed in controller feels cheaply made by comparison.
You can always remove the paddles or simply disable them. Just push the green 'connect' button on the top of the controller twice and it disables the paddles. Hit it twice again to enable them.

I love the controller. I've been using one of the the longest sticks to replace the right stick in shooters. It really helps with aiming. I also have the stick sensitivity set to "Smooth". Ironically, I am more comfortable with the bottom paddles (used with ring finger) than the top paddles (used with middle finger). You would think the ring finger would be less comfortable. In SWBF I have crouching mapped to the bottom right paddle instead of the default B button. That way I never have to take my thumbs off the sticks. The hair triggers come in handy with shooters also. Overall, I am really digging the controller. No regrets.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Yeah, I'm going to tap into the controller app this evening and start tweaking a bit. I do like the hair-trigger for shooters, forgot to mention that.

I'm also going to swap out the analog sticks for the longer ones and see if I notice a difference. I really didn't have much time to spend with it last night so my initial impressions are based on very limited time with it.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Holy s***, I got into the Division alpha and I didn't pre-order.

This work day just got much longer.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:Yeah, I'm going to tap into the controller app this evening and start tweaking a bit. I do like the hair-trigger for shooters, forgot to mention that.

I'm also going to swap out the analog sticks for the longer ones and see if I notice a difference. I really didn't have much time to spend with it last night so my initial impressions are based on very limited time with it.
My original reaction to the longer sticks was "meh" but give it some time and it really makes a difference.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Danimal wrote:Holy s***, I got into the Division alpha and I didn't pre-order.

I got in the Division alpha too. Hope to play some this evening. Its a 23gb download.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Pete1210 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Holy s***, I got into the Division alpha and I didn't pre-order.

I got in the Division alpha too. Hope to play some this evening. Its a 23gb download.
Umm, I was very underwhelmed. It's alpha I get it, but let's not forget about tall the delays they had. Graphics was OK, nothing screaming, the sound of the machine guns were toy like. And I don't know how many bullets you need to put on someone's head before they crumble. Trying to melee was a joke and that cover system will need to be re-tweaked a few more times. They have a lot to do still IMO.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Haven't tried it yet but that is probably why they delayed the Beta. I won't be surprised to see this release slip past March.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

DivotMaker wrote:Xbox One Elite bundle now $449......really great price on the best Xbox One experience..... :wink:
I'm really considering making that upgrade. It would be interesting to know how much of a difference the SSHD really makes.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

10spro wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:I got in the Division alpha too. Hope to play some this evening. Its a 23gb download.
Umm, I was very underwhelmed. It's alpha I get it, but let's not forget about tall the delays they had. Graphics was OK, nothing screaming, the sound of the machine guns were toy like. And I don't know how many bullets you need to put on someone's head before they crumble. Trying to melee was a joke and that cover system will need to be re-tweaked a few more times. They have a lot to do still IMO.
Played about an hour. Agree with all you said, except did not try melee. Hope to see improvements in the beta, otherwise preorder will be canceled.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Aristo wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Xbox One Elite bundle now $449......really great price on the best Xbox One experience..... :wink:
I'm really considering making that upgrade. It would be interesting to know how much of a difference the SSHD really makes.
Making the trade in and purchase tomorrow afternoon.....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Aristo wrote:
You will love the controller. I have an external HD and it improves the load times so MS's internal one should be superb.

I'm not trying to stir up s*** but I don't get why the PS4 is still beating the XB1. The PS4 has slightly better graphics (barely noticeable to normal people), a tremendous games lineup, better exclusives, a superior controller (yeah it is expensive), great bundles/price and a better online experience. I'm not pointing this out in a 'fanboy' sense...just an observation. As you were.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: I'm not trying to stir up s*** but I don't get why the PS4 is still beating the XB1.
You spot someone 3 miles in a marathon you're never going to catch them.

Plus people are lazy. A majority of them only remember all those amazing PR moves Sony announced pre-launch. Plus you still have sites doing the graphics comparison thing. Also when is the last time you saw a negative PS4 article?

The very large lead they took at the begin due to MS PR blunders was essentially all it took and when you consider NONE of those things are even relevant now it's pretty funny. Do you recall the backlash on not having physical disks? I don't know too many people who care about that now.

As an owner of both consoles twice over. If I objectively look at it, the XB1 has done more for its customers since launch then Sony IMO. Who "wins" is irrelevant to anyone but stock holders.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Microsoft deserved te hole they dug for themselves. The fact that they had to do so much to improve the console is pretty much a testament to this. On Sony's part, they haven't really done anything wrong. I don't see PS4 owners feeling any regret over their purchases.

While the XB1 may have become great, I don't know that there is a good argument that PS4 owners ought to abandon their console and move over. One of the big factors in buying any console, which becomes greater the further along we are in any given generation, is what box are your friends using? The lead Sony has will drive more sales.

At this point though, Microsoft's exclusives are justifying my launch day purchase.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Pete1210 wrote:
10spro wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:I got in the Division alpha too. Hope to play some this evening. Its a 23gb download.
Played about an hour. Agree with all you said, except did not try melee. Hope to see improvements in the beta, otherwise preorder will be canceled.
After playing more I'm feeling better about the game. Got some better weapons and the enemies go down easier.
The game should not have Tom Clancy in the title. It is NOT a realistic shooter. Its like Destiny in real world setting. I could get into that.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DivotMaker wrote:
Aristo wrote:
I searched Google last night for some kind of trade in deal and didn't see any. Am I missing something or are you just going into a Gamestop and getting whatever you can for your original XB1?
Follow Me on: