XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:This is what I did but with one of my 360. The trade in needs to boot and you need the power supply, A/V cables and 1 controller. I went to a local MS store and got the AC bundle so I also got 2 games with it. Deal ends 12/31 so act fast. I'm not sure you'll be seeing these deals come Q1 2015
Yep, and I appreciate you letting me know about that deal in the first place. I am going to go ahead and do it. I'm going to head out to Woodfield this weekend and do it in person. For $250 with the trade in, it's too good of a deal to pass up, and I really have missed playing with everyone on XBL. Rob's comment really did change how I was thinking about this. I'll just have to see if Mrs. Brando is going to make me wait until Christmas to open it up. :D

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brando70 wrote:
Danimal wrote:This is what I did but with one of my 360. The trade in needs to boot and you need the power supply, A/V cables and 1 controller. I went to a local MS store and got the AC bundle so I also got 2 games with it. Deal ends 12/31 so act fast. I'm not sure you'll be seeing these deals come Q1 2015
Yep, and I appreciate you letting me know about that deal in the first place. I am going to go ahead and do it. I'm going to head out to Woodfield this weekend and do it in person. For $250 with the trade in, it's too good of a deal to pass up, and I really have missed playing with everyone on XBL. Rob's comment really did change how I was thinking about this. I'll just have to see if Mrs. Brando is going to make me wait until Christmas to open it up. :D
Just a heads up, I went to Oak Brook because they had the AC bundles while Woodfield didn't. This was weeks ago I did it so it might be different for you but I called both stores before going. They are equal distance to me so it didn't matter drive wise. YMMV literally in this case :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

That is a heck of a deal Brando. Wish I had had a Xbox 360 to trade in at the time.

Btw, is there any more crowded mall than Woodfield? I steer clear of that place especially during the holidays! Good luck!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:Now that Driveclub has essentially been updated, stick with the PS4. It'll more than provide you with your racing fix.
Balderdash. Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 have no equals on the PS4. Not even close.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

nm
Last edited by sportdan30 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pk500 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Now that Driveclub has essentially been updated, stick with the PS4. It'll more than provide you with your racing fix.
Balderdash. Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 have no equals on the PS4. Not even close.
You're probably right Paul. I will say I never understand the comparisons people make between Driveclub and FH2. Completely different games! Open world vs track racing. FH2 is my favorite racer perhaps of all time. You can perhaps make a comparison to Forza 5 and Driveclub. That said, if you get a chance to demo Driveclub at BB, run a time circuit if it's an option. Everything from the sense of speed to the track design to the visuals to the cars is top notch. This game made an immediate positive impression. Now, Inuyasha made some valid points regarding the difficulty, but I have yet to encounter that this early in my game play.

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

Brando70 wrote:
You flip-flopping monster. This will be held up as Exhibit A when you decide to run for office.

:lol:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

pk500 wrote:
Have you played dc to support your comment?

I've not played forza 2 but am curious if it's more forgiving than dc.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Well, a couple writers over at Polygon give their sports game of the year to.......Super Mega Baseball!! Hilarious that a small Indie title takes it over the likes of The Show, NBA 2K15, and Madden 15. Now it's just 2 guys opinion and I haven't played it near enough to make that decision. I still think NBA 2K15 is amazing and The Show is a distant second. But nice to see some love for this title.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

fatheadX wrote:
Brando70 wrote:
You flip-flopping monster. This will be held up as Exhibit A when you decide to run for office.

:lol:
Ha!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Well, a couple writers over at Polygon give their sports game of the year to.......Super Mega Baseball!! Hilarious that a small Indie title takes it over the likes of The Show, NBA 2K15, and Madden 15. Now it's just 2 guys opinion and I haven't played it near enough to make that decision. I still think NBA 2K15 is amazing and The Show is a distant second. But nice to see some love for this title.
Shows me all I need to know about Polygon. :)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Inuyasha wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Have you played dc to support your comment?
Yeah, I would definitely be interested in more details on the comparison of gameplay. Sounds like Drive Club isn't even worth a look then on PS4. Would it be worth it someday even at a deep discount?

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I can't compare Drive Club to FH2, but I picked it up for $39.99 and am pretty happy with my purchase.

I should state up front that I'm not a racing fanatic - what I was looking for was a game where I could re-create the feeling of racing at high speeds in beautiful, natural locations. Kind of like those old Rally Sport games on the Xbox.

Once they updated DC to include dynamic weather, I can say without hesitation that so far, this is one of the prettiest console games I've had the pleasure of playing. I usually do something like set up a time trial (point a to point b) event in somewhere like Norway, and let the snow/rain and atmosphere amaze me. They've also added a fantastic mode where you have many controls of a manual dslr camera at your fingertips...very cool.

It has a great sense of speed as well, and I'm getting used to the driving model. Like I said, I'm probably not super picky about a lot of things you guys are, but it's exactly what I was craving.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

sportdan30 wrote:Well, a couple writers over at Polygon give their sports game of the year to.......Super Mega Baseball!! Hilarious that a small Indie title takes it over the likes of The Show, NBA 2K15, and Madden 15. Now it's just 2 guys opinion and I haven't played it near enough to make that decision. I still think NBA 2K15 is amazing and The Show is a distant second. But nice to see some love for this title.
Will be downloading this soon thanks to your posts...Thanks!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Apparently, if you are in the Xbox One Dashboard Preview program, the Halo 5 multiplier beta starts tomorrow. It starts December 29th for everyone else.

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Leebo33 wrote:

Yeah, I would definitely be interested in more details on the comparison of gameplay. Sounds like Drive Club isn't even worth a look then on PS4. Would it be worth it someday even at a deep discount?
Its definitely worth a look on PS4 if you have only PS4 and no access to XBO. But not worth a look at $60 just because they f'd up the launch so badly.

They are still working on getting the game free on PS PLUS as they promised. Probably in Jan now. Just wait for that if you're not sure. IMO, if you just play that, that's probably enough. It's suppose to give you access to all the India courses which are the ones I had a lot of fun with in Rookie mode. If you want more after that, then get the full version. I got mine for $35 so can't complain.
Last edited by Inuyasha on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

fanatic wrote:I can't compare Drive Club to FH2, but I picked it up for $39.99 and am pretty happy with my purchase.

I should state up front that I'm not a racing fanatic - what I was looking for was a game where I could re-create the feeling of racing at high speeds in beautiful, natural locations. Kind of like those old Rally Sport games on the Xbox.

Once they updated DC to include dynamic weather, I can say without hesitation that so far, this is one of the prettiest console games I've had the pleasure of playing. I usually do something like set up a time trial (point a to point b) event in somewhere like Norway, and let the snow/rain and atmosphere amaze me. They've also added a fantastic mode where you have many controls of a manual dslr camera at your fingertips...very cool.

It has a great sense of speed as well, and I'm getting used to the driving model. Like I said, I'm probably not super picky about a lot of things you guys are, but it's exactly what I was craving.

Ya it's the overt arcadeyness of the game that is appealing. I can just sit down on the couch and race. I don't have to setup anything on the car before the race starts or don't have to pull into the pit during the race. If I smash 10 cars and bash into the wall, my car will still drive like nothing happened, and that's the type of racing game I like. Not for everyone, but for me it's fun.

And oh yeah, the graphics are unreal. Too bad they don't have a replay mode yet, but I hear it's coming out in Jan. I never bother with replay mode in racers, but in this one, since the graphics are so good, I wouldn't mind watching.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Driveclub is just a confused game. It's shallow as hell compared to Forza in terms of tuning and paint jobs. It doesn't drive as well, doesn't have real tracks. Not only does it lack replays, but a rewind button ought to be standard.

But then it's really an arcade game, but lacks the fun and various activities of FH2. FH2 has majorly made the driving more forgiving and emphisized allowing users to do fun stuff. But DC has made driving touchy and you are dinged for any "rubbing." White it is beautiful, the gameplay looks sterile. Lets just say that shaving seconds off a time doesn't come up much when talking about FH2. That would be a Forza proper thing, but DC can't match that.

Basically, it is a fun game, and people enjoy it. But it doesn't even approach what the two Forza games are doing. The only reason it keeps getting compared is that Sony failed to get GT done for this gen, and DC came out within a week of FH2.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I played some FH2 this evening immediately after playing Drive Club and to be honest, Drive Club doesn't hold a candle to FH2 in terms of pure enjoyment or fun. There's just an infinite amount of things to do in FH2, and it'll be a while before I even think of purchasing Storm Island. The open world is just sublime and I guess I prefer the arcade/sim aspect of FH2 to a pure sim like Forza 5. I do need to give Forza 5 more time. If I had to pick a game of the year, it would be FH2 hands down. It's been a system seller with regards to the Xbox One in my opinion. Just a fantastic game that gets better every time I play it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:Have you played dc to support your comment?

I've not played forza 2 but am curious if it's more forgiving than dc.
I have not, in full disclosure. But I have played racing games -- sim and arcade -- on multiple systems since Pole Position on the Atari 2600. And Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 are among the very best I have played.

I also have read no reviews that put Drive Club in that same stratosphere. But I'm eager to give it a go at a kiosk or if one of my friends ever gets a PS4.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

sportdan30 wrote:I played some FH2 this evening immediately after playing Drive Club and to be honest, Drive Club doesn't hold a candle to FH2 in terms of pure enjoyment or fun. There's just an infinite amount of things to do in FH2, and it'll be a while before I even think of purchasing Storm Island. The open world is just sublime and I guess I prefer the arcade/sim aspect of FH2 to a pure sim like Forza 5. I do need to give Forza 5 more time. If I had to pick a game of the year, it would be FH2 hands down. It's been a system seller with regards to the Xbox One in my opinion. Just a fantastic game that gets better every time I play it.
pk500 wrote: I have not, in full disclosure. But I have played racing games -- sim and arcade -- on multiple systems since Pole Position on the Atari 2600. And Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 are among the very best I have played.

I also have read no reviews that put Drive Club in that same stratosphere. But I'm eager to give it a go at a kiosk or if one of my friends ever gets a PS4.
This may have just done it for me. I may just bite the bullet and get xbo just for FH2. I've known sportdan's work since the SR days and highly respect him so this may have done it for me.

And PK yes, I have known you since SR and I know you use to work with Indy and your knowledge of racing games is unmatched so maybe it's time to just do this. btw - what ever happened to neckthai?

It makes no sense to buy a system for one game but maybe i'll do it.

-can someone give me a run down on that MS Store deal? Is it still good to go if I go in tomorrow or this weekend?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Inuyasha wrote: -can someone give me a run down on that MS Store deal? Is it still good to go if I go in tomorrow or this weekend?
Trade in an old 360 OR PS3. The trade in needs to boot and you need the power supply, A/V cables and 1 controller. I went to a local MS store and got the AC bundle so I also got 2 games with it. Deal ends 12/31 so act fast. I'm not sure you'll be seeing these deals come Q1 2015.

You may want to check about the deal ending 12/31, I'm going on memory for that part.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I've played them all, and to say DriveClub is on par with either Forza is crazy. So crazy I didn't even want to chime in when I read it the first time. The only thing DriveClub even has in the same zip code is graphics. It's pretty, but that's where all comparisons stop.

Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 absolutely worth buying the system for if you are a racing fan. When you drive around with the XB1's tactile triggers, it's a totally different feel.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Inuyasha, can you trade in an old 360 or PS3 to Best Buy? Are they still offering the trade in deal? I ask because you can pick up a movers packet from your local post office that has a 10 percent off any one item. You should be able to use the coupon on top of your trade in. Just a suggestion but I'm not 100 percent BB is still part of the trade in deal.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Yep, I don't read the Forza Horizon 2 thread anymore, since I decided to go for the PS4 instead of the One...will be too tempted to pick up an Xbox if I do! In the meantime, I can deal with Driveclub, knowing that it's a pretty but ultimately average game that will give me a small dose of racing in between my Dragon Age sessions. :)