XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:
Brando70 wrote:
bdunn13 wrote:I read it has to do with a loose screw where the PS4 thinks there is a disc already in the drive. To fix, I unplugged the power for a few seconds and plugged it back in... I was gaming again in minutes.
If it happens again, BDunn, look for the fix where you adjust that screw. The unplug thing worked for me for a bit, but I had to finally tighten the screw. I have not had the issue since, and that was about three weeks and a lot of Madden ago. :D

Would those instructions be found by googling? Seeing intermittent issues the same here.....

Thanks in advance.....
http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-save-y ... g-1600574/

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

what happens when your in a party screaming at each other does it turn off your tv or switch modes when your in the middle of a fifa or nhl game? has anyone had that happen?
Talking to a machine or a car or your phone is stupid. They are not humans ZEEppo

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Jimmydeicide wrote:what happens when your in a party screaming at each other does it turn off your tv or switch modes when your in the middle of a fifa or nhl game? has anyone had that happen?
Talking to a machine or a car or your phone is stupid. They are not humans ZEEppo
I'm the only guy in a house with 4 girls. There is always somebody talking and it's seldom me.

This has never happened, Jimmy. You need to say, "xbox, turn off" to initiate shutdown, so it's really not a problem.

The only issue I have sometimes is getting enough quiet in the room so that my commands can be heard...but this is not an exclusively xbox-related issue. :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Think im leaning towards talking to the stupid thing. :P

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Need advice fellas. Now i know the wheel works fine with out kinect . yes or no on kinect? im not bothered about the tv stuff like PK i just want it for gaming and talking to the thing just seems stupid to me.
Saying that if its really an integral part of the experience i would be up for getting it.
If you can afford the $100, get the Kinect. It's fun playing with. I feel like I got a new console plus a cool new toy that works real well along with it. And its good to have in case you decide to try some game or service which uses Kinect. I like Xbox Fitness in a pinch when I can't make it to the gym. Most games have some little hook, like in BF4 I can lean my head a little to peak around a corner.
Jimmydeicide wrote:what happens when your in a party screaming at each other does it turn off your tv or switch modes when your in the middle of a fifa or nhl game? has anyone had that happen?
Talking to a TV was not something I was interested in, but now I use that feature quite a bit. Its especially handy now that my digital library is growing. No digging through menus, just "xbox. Go to Madden 15."
The only issue I've had is when chatting with friends online if I say "xbox" it brings up a translucent overlay on the screen showing possible next voice commands. No interruption in the game and you can just say "stop listening" and it goes away.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I was playing on my XBox on a TV near my main TV, and a commercial came on the main TV. When the commercial people said "XBox, do this", my Xbox actually did that. It's expected, considering it doesn't know who's speaking to it, but it was kind of funny.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

So basically I'm spending an extra $100 to replace the Harmony remote for which I paid $50 a year ago, all for the pleasure of pressing one or two fewer buttons. Makes zero sense to me.

I'll buy a Kinect on eBay for $75 if it becomes obvious to me it's an essential part of the Xbone GAMING experience. No one has convinced me it is. Maybe seeing and experiencing will be believing.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Brando70 wrote:
bdunn13 wrote:I read it has to do with a loose screw where the PS4 thinks there is a disc already in the drive. To fix, I unplugged the power for a few seconds and plugged it back in... I was gaming again in minutes.
If it happens again, BDunn, look for the fix where you adjust that screw. The unplug thing worked for me for a bit, but I had to finally tighten the screw. I have not had the issue since, and that was about three weeks and a lot of Madden ago. :D

Thanks..... but I have a lot of issues, but a loose screw isn't one of them :)

Seriously, if it happens again, I will look into it. I avoided it at fist as I didn't want to take the PS4 apart (not sure if you have to or not).... But seeing my disc on the floor doesn't make me happy.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

pk500 wrote:So basically I'm spending an extra $100 to replace the Harmony remote for which I paid $50 a year ago, all for the pleasure of pressing one or two fewer buttons. Makes zero sense to me.

I'll buy a Kinect on eBay for $75 if it becomes obvious to me it's an essential part of the Xbone GAMING experience. No one has convinced me it is. Maybe seeing and experiencing will be believing.
Its not essential for playing almost all games on XB1. It's mostly for ease of use, apps and game enhancements. I probably wouldn't miss Kinect if I never had it. But after using it I would not want to be without it.

I think Kinect/XB1 falls somewhere between remote/TV and DVR/TV in terms of how each item enhances the other.
Last edited by Pete1210 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thanks for the perspective, Pete.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'd also say that it doesn't replace your Harmony. I like and use the Kinect, but I use the remote extensively. I mean, the fact that the PS4 would force me to use a controller is a deal breaker for me. I use my console for a lot of steaming media, and while pausing and muting is good, FF, REW, and surfing the menus is much better with a remote.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Pete1210 wrote: Its not essential for playing almost all games on XB1. It's mostly for ease of use, apps and game enhancements. I probably wouldn't miss Kinect if I never had it. But after using it I would not want to be without it.

I think Kinect/XB1 falls somewhere between remote/TV and DVR/TV in terms of how each item enhances the other.
pk500 wrote:Thanks for the perspective, Pete.
Pete does nail it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Pete1210 wrote: Its not essential for playing almost all games on XB1. It's mostly for ease of use, apps and game enhancements. I probably wouldn't miss Kinect if I never had it. But after using it I would not want to be without it.

pk500 wrote:Thanks for the perspective, Pete.
Pete does nail it.
Yes sir.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TCrouch wrote:I use the Gold Wireless headset on PS4 and it has a USB Dongle that plugs in, and the headset is totally wireless. Works pretty well, too. There isn't even a boom mic hanging off.

So that should work no matter what controller you're using, as the headset is connected and configured via the console itself and not through the port on a controller.
Bought one of these yesterday and it's getting the job done so far! I'm using it in chat only mode. I tried it for full audio and found it a little be a little flat in dynamic range, but I've got a pretty nice home theater system so it would be hard to compete. I wish there was a way to take the right earpiece off as I find I'm putting it behind my ear to allow me to hear the home theater game audio better... it feels a little bit uncomfortable this way.

I love the ease of setup and the fact that all of the controls I need are on the headset. It will take me a little while to get used to the lag between what I say and hearing it loop back... I already sound drunk in chat communication, now I sound like I'm drunk and on qualudes :oops: :lol:

Thanks for the help with this though Terry. I didn't need any more wires in the way with a laptop and 2 USB cables plugged into it, USB extension cable coming from the PS4, and the Cronus Max with two USB cables plugged into it. Hell, I just about need a schematic diagram to set it up every time I want to play The Golf Club with my XB1 or XBox 360 controller.... but it's worth it to an anally retentive geek like me :)

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:
TCrouch wrote:I use the Gold Wireless headset on PS4 and it has a USB Dongle that plugs in, and the headset is totally wireless. Works pretty well, too. There isn't even a boom mic hanging off.

So that should work no matter what controller you're using, as the headset is connected and configured via the console itself and not through the port on a controller.
Bought one of these yesterday and it's getting the job done so far!
Can any wireless Bluetooth headset work with the PS4. I was thinking of trying to use my cellphone wireless Bluetooth headset.

-MERACE

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, the bass is a little on the soft side, but it's better on setting II than I. I also downloaded their Mixer App and got some custom profiles for it, though.

And on the Bluetooth headset--not necessarily. We tried that early on, and it wasn't detected as a device with a profile. None of my bluetooth headsets would work with the PS4.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just picked these up at lunch, could of saved $20 going Amazon but even with 2 day prime couldn't get them to next Weds.

I know I just gave Pk a grabber by announcing this. :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Question : do you guys think XBOX ONE is turning into the Sports gamers console? EA Access is exclusive to it, and it seems like all the EA games are pretty equal in graphics/gameplay when compared to PS4.

Also, XBO has Forza and their controller is perfect for racers.

I'm finding PS4 is excellent as an all around system, but for someone like me, and maybe some of you, who primarily play Sports games (includes racers), is XBO becoming or is now the premier system for Sports Gamers?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Inuyasha wrote:Question : do you guys think XBOX ONE is turning into the Sports gamers console? EA Access is exclusive to it, and it seems like all the EA games are pretty equal in graphics/gameplay when compared to PS4.
Why, because the contrast ratio is jacked up to make you THINK it looks prettier than it does (Samsung's forte w/ smartphones and tablets btw)? No.

And there's one HUGE reason why it won't be the "Sports Gamer's Console". MLB The Show. End of discussion. You can't be a sports gaming console if you only have 3/4 of the major sports covered.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

2k really needs to get back into baseball, football and hockey. Would be nice to have competition again besides basketball.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:2k really needs to get back into baseball, football and hockey. Would be nice to have competition again besides basketball.
They won't get back into Baseball or Hockey because they said both were money losers and not enough sales. Football, they can't because of EA and the NFL contract. Even EA said Baseball didn't generate enough sales for them.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Question : do you guys think XBOX ONE is turning into the Sports gamers console? EA Access is exclusive to it, and it seems like all the EA games are pretty equal in graphics/gameplay when compared to PS4.
Why, because the contrast ratio is jacked up to make you THINK it looks prettier than it does (Samsung's forte w/ smartphones and tablets btw)? No.

And there's one HUGE reason why it won't be the "Sports Gamer's Console". MLB The Show. End of discussion. You can't be a sports gaming console if you only have 3/4 of the major sports covered.

well yes..i am a sucker for those colors. but i really am impressed with the forza trailer as well.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XBO may not be the sale leader but it is clear for online play here at DSP that should be a major consideration. The guys who play the trumpet the most for the PS4 must not be online gamers because with the exception of Terry I never see anyone online.

A hard lesson I'm learning with Destiny and I can tell you it made my choice easy as to which console I'll buy the division on.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

For what it's worth, the graphical quality on games coming out now aren't nearly as different as they were at launch. I think that horsepower boost they did when they disabled Kinect by default really helped developers. You can still see the resolution dip on the XB1 version and the textures aren't as sharp overall, but it's not the fiasco that something like Black Flag was, where you had shimmering and horrible aliasing everywhere on the XB1.

So by the time The Division launches, it may be a negligible difference.