XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by TCrouch »

Aristo wrote:
Danimal wrote:If I didn't really like the first Infamous is there anything in the new one that would change my mind? Feeling the need to buy something for one of my new consoles.

That's awesome. Out of 67 reviews online, Aristo finds the one that matches the lowest score known on Metacritic to display. Well done!

I certainly wouldn't consider it in any best game of all time discussions, but it didn't wear on me one bit through a 100% playthrough. And I don't think I played Infamous or Infamous 2 for more than 3 or 4 hours each.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Wow! I can never get through games that fast. Last time I tried was a weekend rental of Max Payne 3. I got bored 2/3 through and then ended up with bad wrist pain for a week.

I'm looking forward to playing InFamous Second Son when I get my PS4. I almost cracked last week when I saw one listed for $350 on Amazon. Then I thought about my massive backlog on PS3, xbox 360 and Steam. I even have a few neglected XB1 games.

Project Spark Beta is now open on XB1. The creation part for the land is pretty easy, but if you really want to get into all the AI modifiers for characters and NPCs its starts getting complicated. The game worlds you can create look like RPG fantasy adventure, but someone already made a fully functioning pinball table. Another user made part of Skyrim. Another made a character wielding a fully functional Darth Maul double lightsaber. I'll be going back to Project Spark mostly to explore and play the different user created content.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Second Son was my most anticipated PS4 game and when that was delayed I cancelled my PS4 pre-order. Now it's out...and I can't find a PS4 anywhere! Not the end of the world since my backlog is shameful but still, the game looks great.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Macca00 wrote:Second Son was my most anticipated PS4 game and when that was delayed I cancelled my PS4 pre-order. Now it's out...and I can't find a PS4 anywhere! Not the end of the world since my backlog is shameful but still, the game looks great.
PS4 are listed as available on Amazon and Bestbuy.com.

I'm looking forward to the next gen only titles to see what they can do without having to worry about running the games on old hardware. I was reading about Batman Arkham Knight in GI this weekend and all the "no we can't do that on 360/PS3" are now a go for XB1/PS4. AC Unity was just announced for XB1/PS4/PC and the trailer/tease looks great!

XBL/PSN: Pete1210

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

TCrouch wrote: That's awesome. Out of 67 reviews online, Aristo finds the one that matches the lowest score known on Metacritic to display. Well done!
:lol: :wink: :lol:

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Thanks Pete - however I'm in Canada so, like our healthcare, there's a long wait time. :)

Web - I almost spat out my coffee.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Macca, on the amazon.ca website it says that if you order the PS4 in the next couple of hours you can get it delivered via Prime by tomorrow. Not sure if this a way for them to sell Prime at the same time but give it a try.

Also try checking with FS on a weekly basis, you may get lucky as my one of my buddy did last week.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

While still semi-on topic as far as Infamous goes, it's hard to nail down what exactly made it so fun for me. I'm sure a large part of it is graphics, sure. Running down a street and seeing the eerily-realistic puddles and reflections on the ground, or trying to blend into a crowd when a passing troop transport is rolling by was very immersive. I caught myself many times just looking around when I climbed a building or something. Once you get some of the other powers, travel gets much, much quicker. You can run up buildings indefinitely, making for a single "I move fast" button that you never let go of to cross the city in minutes. There's another one where you can fly almost indefinitely, and your final power has some thrusters that you can use to hover up and over things, just slower than straight flight.

But moving from power set to power set really felt like different powers. The first had me just all-out unloading on everything, while the second power was much more precise. I could target specific body parts from half a city block away, which led to some really cool rooftop-sniping moments and firefights with DUP patrols. The third power took me quite a bit of time to warm up to (not to mention the boss fight had me at almost-controller-throwing frustration at one point), but it's because I was playing it wrong. I was trying to play it like the first two, when in reality it was much more of a rogue-like sneak-attack power set. Once I figured that out, I was able to take out entire patrols without ever being scene, which was nutty.

The final power was pretty much the WMD version of a power set, as you look at stuff and blow it to bits. But considering you can switch in and out of powersets by simply siphoning the resource from anywhere, I may start out as a sniper and pick off 3 or 4 bad guys, switch to the boom boom Smoke power and unload on the turrets and troop transports firing at me, switch to the rogue power after whittling down a group, and then switch again to the WMD at the end to finish off stragglers. All the while, taking enough damage to have to retreat to a rooftop and regen, jumping back in to combat as soon as I'm able.

I don't know, the combinations you run into had me going back over and over to try new things. It didn't feel repetitive to me whatsoever on a full playthrough. I was telling my wife, that it hit every "awesome" button I had for an open world game. It gave me neighborhoods to clear, things to unlock and find, exploration that was fun (and new methods to do that exploration consistently), an objective to aim toward that's always within reach...I don't know, it's really a good game to me. I'd consider it between an 8 and a 9 if I was scoring it, personally.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I think there is some confusion, because 3 out of 5 for Sessler, going back to the X-Play days, is not a bad score. It is more the equivalent of an 8 out of 10 from most reviewers. For these reasons, using numbers to quantify a review is pretty dumb. And Metacritic is about an 80 right now. Is that not fair either?

If you watched the review, he really liked the game. He just said it wasn't perfect, and some gameplay got repetitive, but held up for much longer than he expected. Sessler is always fair in his reviews, regardless of platform. And that review would have made Infamous a buy for plenty of gamers. He just didn't get on his knees suck its dick.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I guess I'm more in line to wait for Watchdogs even though I have people telling me to stay away from it, the game looks good and every preview has been glowing. I'm not a big open world player unless it is an rpg like Skyrim so I'll hold off on Second Son even though the graphics look outstanding.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'm still really leery of Watchdogs. My initial skepticism was validated when they delayed the game with the intent to make more fun and less boring. Maybe the delay works, but I'm going to wait for reviews. I feel the same way about Destiny, which looks tedious in an MMO kind of way.

To be fair, I'm much more interested in a more simplistic shooter with bombast, which puts Wolfenstein in my crosshairs.

I could be wrong. Watchdogs could be the game I wanted Deus Ex: HR to be.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

TCrouch wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:I think Infamous is great, but I worry about it getting repetitive. The story and visuals are excellent, but I'm sure this will be another game I play for a few hours and get my fill of enjoyment. Unfortunately, game just don't seem to hold my attention like they once did...sports games being the exception.
Same. With that being said, this is the first game in a long time that I've sat down and had that pull to come back and play it constantly. I can't recall the last time I sat down when a weekend started with a game, and played it seemingly non-stop until 100% complete. Found every camera, shard, power, stencil art, secret agent, side mission, etc.

And now I'm immediately turning around and starting it again as the flip side Karma to see how that shakes out.
I rarely finish games. I've NEVER replayed a game that I actually finished. I can't wait to finish this one and will very likely play through again to 100% completion as flip karma (first run through I'm doing a side event if I bump into it, but not going out of my way). Like Terry says, this one has that all to rare "can't wait to play again" draw. It's stunning to look at, and while becoming repetitive is a concern, the power changes, ability to flip powers back and forth, and multiple strategies/plans of attack for many battles keep it fresh.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I hated all the characters by the time I finished first Infamous (which I only got cause it was free after the PSN hack ) but I think I'll try again with SS when I eventually get a PS4.

I still haven't seen one for sale at my local Best Buys, and I do want to pick it up there rather than order online and take the chance of having to return a dud.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

sounds like Second Son is a smash hit among the DSP gang.

I've never played Infamous so I think I'll wait for the price drop.

But I will pickup MGS first. I heard the game is really short like 2 hours. Perfect for me to get back into the adventure genre.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

So what's this with XBO / XBL Reputation ratings? Can't they just leave XBL alone? I had no problems w/ it on the 360.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/xbox-one-l ... Id=7809229

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Inuyasha wrote:So what's this with XBO / XBL Reputation ratings? Can't they just leave XBL alone? I had no problems w/ it on the 360.

IMO XB1 is trying to find anyway to stay relevant. I read that DX12 news the other day and though they must be in full panic mode.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:So what's this with XBO / XBL Reputation ratings? Can't they just leave XBL alone? I had no problems w/ it on the 360.

IMO XB1 is trying to find anyway to stay relevant. I read that DX12 news the other day and though they must be in full panic mode.
This is something they had promised long before launch. The question is if it will be any better than the old system.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Anyone still have the issue on your XB1 home screen where the latest updates to movies, etc. (on the right side) aren't there? It just says "Having Trouble Connecting?" Been like that for a while for me.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's been a hit or miss for sure. I had log ins where I am completely in the dark, left and right and can hardly see the middle screen but the game would not start unless I reset the console and unplug it completely.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rumors swirling that The Last of Us coming to PS4 later this summer. For someone like myself who only played about 20 percent, I would most definitely purchase the game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27/ ... ystation-4

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Rumors swirling that The Last of Us coming to PS4 later this summer. For someone like myself who only played about 20 percent, I would most definitely purchase the game.

I would definitely purchase The Last Of Us since I missed the boat on my PS3.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Rumors swirling that The Last of Us coming to PS4 later this summer. For someone like myself who only played about 20 percent, I would most definitely purchase the game.

I played even less than that before I sold my ps3...so hell yes.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:Anyone still have the issue on your XB1 home screen where the latest updates to movies, etc. (on the right side) aren't there? It just says "Having Trouble Connecting?" Been like that for a while for me.
Do a hard reboot. Press the power button for 10 seconds, the console will reboot and the pins and tiles will come back. It happened to me once after one of the updates. After rebooting, I have not had the issue since.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Hard reboot worked for me as well.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »