XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Holy crap...just did the xbox fitness for the first time and damn...those are legit workouts. Impressed for sure.
I've heard nothing but positives from everyone who has tried it. I hope the PS4 and it's camera function puts out something remotely close to a decent fitness game.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Holy crap...just did the xbox fitness for the first time and damn...those are legit workouts. Impressed for sure.
Yep. I was impressed at the number of workouts available...most taken care of by your XBL membership.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

The workout stuff is so well done. It could really be a selling point for people into cardio workouts. Surprised by the lack of marketing around it.

I love the mid workout challenges that pop up, achievements, etc.. Now if someone of my lazy xbox friends would try it, we could have a real competition.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

My wife is really looking forward to trying the fitness. We have a treadmill and weight room in the basement but it gets boring, especially for her.

I bit on the $169 Vita and memory card bundle at Best Buy. Very nice...bought Tearaway and The Show. I downloaded Uncharted and Gravity Rush for free with PS Plus. Remote play is awesome.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

sportdan30 wrote:Next gen Fifa is just such a great game. Buttery smooth, great animations, improved A.I. This might be tied with NBA 2K14 as my favorite sports game.

Hopefully next year we'll see even more life like player models and smoother animation from them.
I played the demo a bunch yesterday with my little guy, and we are both hooked. I'll be picking up the game when I can swing it.

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

sportdan30 wrote:Next gen Fifa is just such a great game. Buttery smooth, great animations, improved A.I. This might be tied with NBA 2K14 as my favorite sports game.

Hopefully next year we'll see even more life like player models and smoother animation from them.

I'm not a fan of the NBA, but I LOVE NBA2K14, especially playing the My Career mode. Is FIFA as accessible to non-soccer fans? I've played the demo and enjoyed it, but I haven't bought because I wasn't sure if the game had the depth of appeal for someone who doesn't know Manchester from Maneater.

Thanks,
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sport73 wrote:

I'm not a fan of the NBA, but I LOVE NBA2K14, especially playing the My Career mode. Is FIFA as accessible to non-soccer fans? I've played the demo and enjoyed it, but I haven't bought because I wasn't sure if the game had the depth of appeal for someone who doesn't know Manchester from Maneater.

Thanks,
I am not a big hoops fan either and like you, I am enjoying it on the PS4. Fifa should have the same result if not even more.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sport73 wrote:

Thanks,
Not a huge fan of soccer in general and I love Fifa games. So yes...definitely accessible...plus they have a My Career mode too if you're into that sort of thing.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm not a soccer afficianado myself, and that hasn't hampered my enjoyment in the least. If anything, it'll propel you to become a bit more interested in the intracies of the sport. You'll also quickly find out who the star players are. There are a ton of mini games that are quite addicting, albeit hair pulling at times to play. Some are more challening than others, but through it all it helps apply what you've learned to the game.

My strongest tip to any newcomer is to lay off the sprint button. You'll find yourself losing the ball more times than you can count, and it becomes very frustrating. Methodically bring the ball up the pitch by dribble and skill moves, and also passing of course. There are many different button presses and options, and I don't use 90 percent of them, but still find a way to stay competetive against the CPU. Start out using a team like Chelsea, or a team with a good defense, against a lower tier team until you become more comfortable with the controls.

If you have kids, co-op is a ton a fun once you play it a couple times.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Can anyone comment on how Remote Play is for FPS games (BF4 or CoD)?

I think this is such a neat feature of the PS4 and am really curious if most games are truly playable on the Vita with it's different hardware for controls.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It's slightly delayed--ever-so-slightly, but it's there. On a FPS, it's a bit tougher to aim, but it's not unplayable. Now, my wireless in my room is a bit wonky sometimes, as all of my consoles are hard wired. So it may be a wireless issue in general with my setup, but playing something like football it wasn't a huge deal. Playing AC4 I noticed when trying to catch a shanty, it was a little tougher to control. I honestly didn't try Ghosts or Killzone, though, because I noticed it enough in AC4 that a game that relies on twitch reflexes will be tougher on remote play. That tenth of a second you have a delay can really affect your aiming.

But the weirdest thing is having L1 and R1 as touchpads on the back. So games that use that, it's funky to reposition your fingers to press and manage to hold the back of the Vita while doing something. It works, it's just not natural. Not sure what else they could have done, though.

All in all, remote play is amazing--but for quick-trigger shooters and stuff, not sure how great it would be.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

TCrouch wrote:It's slightly delayed--ever-so-slightly, but it's there. On a FPS, it's a bit tougher to aim, but it's not unplayable. Now, my wireless in my room is a bit wonky sometimes, as all of my consoles are hard wired. So it may be a wireless issue in general with my setup, but playing something like football it wasn't a huge deal. Playing AC4 I noticed when trying to catch a shanty, it was a little tougher to control. I honestly didn't try Ghosts or Killzone, though, because I noticed it enough in AC4 that a game that relies on twitch reflexes will be tougher on remote play. That tenth of a second you have a delay can really affect your aiming.

But the weirdest thing is having L1 and R1 as touchpads on the back. So games that use that, it's funky to reposition your fingers to press and manage to hold the back of the Vita while doing something. It works, it's just not natural. Not sure what else they could have done, though.

All in all, remote play is amazing--but for quick-trigger shooters and stuff, not sure how great it would be.
Thanks TC.

I have $145 credit at BB and just saw the PS Vita bundle deal for $169. It's kind of tempting even if I don't have a PS4.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Spooky wrote:It's kind of tempting even if I don't have a PS4.
Not yet.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

For $25 bucks, it may be worth it for the second screen stuff alone. The remote play is good enough that it's absolutely amazing how good it looks on the small screen, and if you game on a TV that may be commandeered from you from time to time, I don't think you can go wrong. I played AC3 Liberation on the Vita itself and it has some framerate issues, but it's also pretty good looking for a portable game.

I think it would be worth picking up at that price, because stuff like The Division showed off the ability for a second player to use the second screen and point out targets and stuff. I imagine the use will be better integrated as time passes. But for remote play alone, it's already pretty impressive.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Fry's electronics is going to have PS+ for $27.99 in store if you've got one of those around you. But that also means you have to go to a Fry's on Black Friday. No thanks, I'll pay the $50 instead.

http://www.frys.com/ads/page112

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Spooky wrote:It's kind of tempting even if I don't have a PS4.
Not yet.
Ha. Never. Well maybe someday. Actually maybe soon cause of the remote play stuff. F*ck it I just got on a waiting list. (Kidding...or am I...?)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Tried Killzone with the remote play last night, worked like a charm. Having said that, I still went back to the PS4 controller as the front touch pad is much easier to control. Loving the Ps4 controller btw, much improved over the DS3, having audio coming out of it, is kind of cool.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I watched Macca's videos for BF4. Does it really look that cloudy and shitty or is it due to the video?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I think it looks that cloudy and shitty on the XB1 in general, personally. I've been severely underwhelmed with the XB1 graphics in general, but I won't beat that dead horse. What you see in the video is obviously compressed a bit, but it's not like it's worlds better when viewing in person on XB1.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:I think it looks that cloudy and shitty on the XB1 in general, personally. I've been severely underwhelmed with the XB1 graphics in general, but I won't beat that dead horse. What you see in the video is obviously compressed a bit, but it's not like it's worlds better when viewing in person on XB1.
It's a good thing you and I have both consoles, or else one might call us fanboys for saying that, AS WE PREDICTED, the PS4 is superior graphically and the gap will likely get even bigger as this generation matures. It's just a fact that can't be argued by anyone who has both consoles. But yeah, we're beating a dead horse. :)

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I've got both as well.

Do I get to be in your club?

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Sudz wrote:I've got both as well.

I only have the PS4 (no XB1), but my 360 is still connected. I'll like partial credit, please.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sudz wrote:I've got both as well.

You're in.
Murph wrote:I only have the PS4 (no XB1), but my 360 is still connected. I'll like partial credit, please.
You get zero credit. You're out.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

LOL yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Worst part is, I never consider myself a 'fanboy' of anything. I've played XBox the past 2 generations because it was better for me. So far, the PS4 is better for me. It's not even close, but yeah--you'd have to be a madman like us to buy both, compare both (which means you bought 2 copies of games) and whatnot.

So that's another issue entirely.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:I watched Macca's videos for BF4. Does it really look that cloudy and shitty or is it due to the video?
The video definitely gets 'washed out' when it gets uploaded. It's obviously compressed. The game looks gorgeous on the console. That being said, the PS4 is the stronger system but graphically there isn't that wide of a gap. I have both and the graphics are near identical.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25