XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Aristo »

sportdan30 wrote:
Aristo wrote:
I've mostly seen people without XB1's posting about problems that people with consoles. I've yet to see any of the journalists I follow on Twitter one up with a bad unit, not anyone in forums I frequent. So, I'm pretty sure the Xbox One has a failure rate of about 6.37%.

I'm just lucky that mine has been perfect.
Happy to hear Aristo! One day we'll play online together on the X1.
Because I am the eternal jinx, one of the guys in my NCAA dynasty just had his One stop reading discs. Sigh…

Watched some TV tonight. While I have no idea why they thought the One Guide was necessary, the fact that I have voice control over my TV and Receiver is pretty friction' cool. Still use the remote to FF through commercials, but pause and mute are both functions that are nice to have without the remote. I really can't believe how simple it was to set up my TV, receiver, and DVR.

I also watched some of the Kansas fame on ESPN3, and it is one hell of a lot nicer to just say, "Watch ESPN" versus turning on the 360, and waiting for it to load and find the app. And it was nice to jump back into TV and the console during commercial breaks without feeling like I could not get back to the game. This is the stuff that made it worthwhile to adopt early, even if the games are totally there yet.

And really, there are games. BF4 looks light years beyond anything I saw on the 360. Madden actually feels good. But I probably would have bought both for less. But I got them on disc and will trade them each in at some point. Forza, AC4, and probably Zoo Tycoon will all get downloaded at some point. I'll probably wait for a sale on ZT, but jump into Forza and AC4 sooner. And Killer Instinct is FTP, and looks to worth spending some $$$ on.

I really can't wait to see NHL 15 next year.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dave2elevens driveatar is an asshole. Go to pass him on the left and he rams me against the tunnel wall. Lol.

And the impulse trigger idea is stupid. It's more annoying than anything. I like the old controller better I think.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:FYI, if you want everything (TV, Cable Box, Audio Receiver) to turn off with voice commands you need to set it up in Settings. I think it's under SETTINGS>TV & ONE GUIDE>POWER SETTINGS. By default the console is the only thing set up to turn off when you say "Xbox Turn Off". There is also a setting in there to turn on or off everything when you say "XBox On".
Thanks, was just coming to post that I figured that out.
Xbox still can't get watch MSG right even after adding it as a favorite. Definitely still need the cable remote, probably less so once I'm more familiar with the interface.

Played some NBA. Online with a friend was lag free, except we got disconnected in the second quarter :( Not sure if that's 2K or live issue. There was also glitchy jerseys during a cut scene (video uploaded)

AC4 looks beautiful.

KI was fun and I don't go for fighting games much. Online was lag free.

It's going to take a little while to get used to all the new features and interface. Right now it feels like a big change going from Xbox 360 to Xbox One.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

How do you get to the Forza main menu?? It just keeps taking to the next race??

Loving the xb1. I've found the voice to be pretty good, but habits just have me reaching for the controller. Amazing how much stuff there is to explore & mess with in the UI. I totally get what they are shooting for & can't wait to see where it's headed.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:How do you get to the Forza main menu?? It just keeps taking to the next race??
To me I thought you just had to finish the first series. But I could be wrong. I just went through it and then kept hitting B to get back to the main menu.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Are you supposed to be able to control the pause, play functions of live TV via the XB1 interface? Those controls pop up at the bottom of the screen but so far don't work for me.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Ryse Quick thoughts:

Looks great. Fluid, graphics are great and the scenery looks amazing.
Fun hack and slash game
I like the setting of ancient Rome
The enemies are very very repetitive. "oh here comes the fat barbarian. I know how to beat him"
Combat takes a bit of thinking and chaining together multiple attacks is fun.
Sometime the controls get wonky and you can't fend off 2 attackers while fighting another.
Chucking spears at guys and using a crossbow is kinda neat.
I wish it was more of an assassins creedish game, free roam, etc, but it isn't.

Overall a decent launch title. Is it a long term keeper, no, but it is a fun one to get and play with the new system. I'll be selling it in a few weeks when I'm finished with the story.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I love Amazon. Just got an email notifying me that they are refunding me $11.66 on both Madden and BF4 due to their preorder price protection. Awesome. So I got the games for $48.33. Gotta love it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Has anyone transitioned from Points to currency?

I had been doing the Bing search rewards and had been redeeming for Live Points. I bought a few games for the 360, but still has some points in my account. While looking for demos in the store online I clicked on the golf game and it said it needed me to transition from points to currency. It gave me $30 for what I had in points. I'm pretty sure I didn't have enough points to equal that amount.

So, you may want to take a look as it may be doing something special for launch (or i may just be wrong).

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Anyone download the Xbone Smartglass App?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:Anyone download the Xbone Smartglass App?
Yep. I haven't used it yet though.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Update, just used it. It essentially goes to the home screen and your iPad becomes a touch screen for anything on the screen. I haven't used it in a game yet. I'm going to try the 'Coach Glass' in Madden later.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Diablo25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
Update, just used it. It essentially goes to the home screen and your iPad becomes a touch screen for anything on the screen. I haven't used it in a game yet. I'm going to try the 'Coach Glass' in Madden later.
I still have the older Xbox Smartglass app and I can see those who are using Xbox One, etc.
By the way, the PlayStation app works very similarly, for those haven't downloaded that yet.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Ok fellas, here is a video from BF4 I just recorded and uploaded to my Sky Drive. Let me know if the link works. I'm not too familiar with Sky Drive so I want some feedback. Thanks.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B ... deo%2c.mp4
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:Ok fellas, here is a video from BF4 I just recorded and uploaded to my Sky Drive. Let me know if the link works. I'm not too familiar with Sky Drive so I want some feedback. Thanks.

Nice counterattack on that dude who tried to stab you! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Spooky wrote:Are you supposed to be able to control the pause, play functions of live TV via the XB1 interface? Those controls pop up at the bottom of the screen but so far don't work for me.
My experience is, yes, they do. But it's predicated upon having DVR capabilities in your associated input. IOW, I have DirecTV. XB1 will map the gamepad commands to my DVR commands via the IR blaster, the same way it does to change channels.

But it won't add DVR capability in and of itself.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Diablo25 wrote:Ok fellas, here is a video from BF4 I just recorded and uploaded to my Sky Drive. Let me know if the link works. I'm not too familiar with Sky Drive so I want some feedback. Thanks.

Hehe. Bad ass :wink:

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

To those playing Forza, watch out for a drivatar named DBDYNSTY25, he's a real d*****bag. ;-). I was competing in a circuit at Leguna Seca this morning and got full-on rear-ended on a straight away and then pushed sideways as I approached the turn. Just as I recovered the car I saw that DBdYNSTY25 had been the culprit!

On a more important note, for the crazies like me who got both systems, what are your verdicts? I'm tempted to sell the XBOx One despite its awesome features because I don't play enough to warrant 2 systems and the TV integration (while I love it) is certain to get in the way enough to upset the wife.

But maybe...I keep both because they're both cool and I'm a nut-case for electronics?
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Yes, it's great esp for using your ipad/phone as a keyboard (instead of the controller).

And yes, I can pause/rewind my dvr with the 1 (Directv).
Last edited by greggsand on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sport73 wrote:To those playing Forza, watch out for a drivatar named DBDYNSTY25, he's a real d*****bag. ;-). I was competing in a circuit at Leguna Seca this morning and got full-on rear-ended on a straight away and then pushed sideways as I approached the turn. Just as I recovered the car I saw that DBdYNSTY25 had been the culprit!
You know why that happens? Cuz all of the c*** nuggets in front of me BRAKE for no apparent reason. It pisses me off. I'm not sold on this drivatar crap so far. Hopefully it smooths out over time and as they get more data, but right now it's a mess. It makes me look bad when I punt guys, but it's because they are braking 100 yards too early for turns!

Now, that said, when I was passing Dave2Eleven on the left side he went ahead and side swiped me for no reason...I can't see how the drivatar can learn that unless he actually DOES that. LOL. Dave?

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Sudz wrote:Ryse Quick thoughts:

Looks great. Fluid, graphics are great and the scenery looks amazing.
Fun hack and slash game
I like the setting of ancient Rome
The enemies are very very repetitive. "oh here comes the fat barbarian. I know how to beat him"
Combat takes a bit of thinking and chaining together multiple attacks is fun.
Sometime the controls get wonky and you can't fend off 2 attackers while fighting another.
Chucking spears at guys and using a crossbow is kinda neat.
I wish it was more of an assassins creedish game, free roam, etc, but it isn't.

Overall a decent launch title. Is it a long term keeper, no, but it is a fun one to get and play with the new system. I'll be selling it in a few weeks when I'm finished with the story.
Thanks for the feedback. That game just looks great and fun as hell!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Now, that said, when I was passing Dave2Eleven on the left side he went ahead and side swiped me for no reason...I can't see how the drivatar can learn that unless he actually DOES that. LOL. Dave?
Haha, I blame it on the S2000. I can't keep the rear of that car under me very well at all and that's the car I've used the most. Once the Mustang and TT-RS influence my Drivatar it shouldn't be as bad.

It was cool seeing familiar names out there. DB was rocking a Captain America-looking Camaro at Indy in one of my races.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Ok, being able to look at game clips via the Xbone Smart Glass app is wicked cool. So simple and easy.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I was able to do this as a test in like 5 minutes total.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Spooky wrote:
I was able to do this as a test in like 5 minutes total.
Very cool. Who is that guy on the couch?
GameSeven wrote:

Hehe. Bad ass :wink:
:)

The counter FTW!