XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by TheGamer »

My Xbox One just left Des Moines IA at 430pm.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:CNET's face off between the PS4 vs. Xbox One

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-576 ... 1-to-sony/
Pretty much as expected.
Until I read this, I had no idea neither machine could run 3D blurays. It's not too big a deal, but it means I will be keeping my PS3 around as my bluray player for some time.

My AV receiver doesn't even have HDMI and it only has four toslink inputs, so I'm in dire need of an upgrade ($$$ :( ). The one I really want is an NAD but it only has 4 HDMI inputs itself.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Interestingly...I went past BB at 2pm on the 15th...and there were about 20 people in line. Went past today as well around 1:30pm and there were at least double that. Rumors of some pretty big lines elsewhere as well. I wonder just how hard these One's are going to be to grab tonight/tomorrow? Hmmmm.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Interestingly...I went past BB at 2pm on the 15th...and there were about 20 people in line. Went past today as well around 1:30pm and there were at least double that. Rumors of some pretty big lines elsewhere as well. I wonder just how hard these One's are going to be to grab tonight/tomorrow? Hmmmm.
You looking for one of these, soon? :wink:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

GameSeven wrote:You looking for one of these, soon? :wink:

Nope, mine's coming UPS Ground from Phoenix. ;) I actually just go pick it up from UPS anytime it's a product of value (which it often is with me, lol). MyUPS is fantastic and free. In fact, it gets me items faster than if they deliver them. I can go pick it up at 8am when they open...or I can wait until 5-7pm when the truck gets to my neighborhood. F that. Haha.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Interestingly...I went past BB at 2pm on the 15th...and there were about 20 people in line. Went past today as well around 1:30pm and there were at least double that. Rumors of some pretty big lines elsewhere as well. I wonder just how hard these One's are going to be to grab tonight/tomorrow? Hmmmm.
There were already people camping outside the Best Buy in my neighborhood yesterday afternoon. Looked like about 80+ out there today. Crazy.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Got my BB shipping notice. UPS Next Day!
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Got my shipping notice from Amazon. Free delivery guaranteed by Friday 8pm. Ups guy usually gets here between 2-4. Love Amazon Prime.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

My original plan is to flip my launch day unit for a profit to fund a later PS4 purchase and pick up one later. This is damn good news.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Sudz wrote:I Tjunged Knack at Best Buy during lunch.

Seemed like a decent game and looked good. Might be worth a pick-up when it drops to $19.99 in 6 months.
:lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Giant Bomb tested the Kinect voice commands at home watching TV.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-l ... 2300-8251/

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Feanor wrote:Giant Bomb tested the Kinect voice commands at home watching TV.

I like Gerstman, but what does he expect to get from voice recognition when he talks faster than a sorority girl on greenies?

FWIW, that's another data point that Directv integration is working fine.
Last edited by RobVarak on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:

I like Gerstman, but what does hes expect to get from voice recognition when he talks faster than a sorority girl on greenies?

Looked pretty sucky to me but I switch channels by number like I think most people do. I have never punched "boomerang" (whatever the f*** that is) into my remote control and would never picture myself repeating the command..'XBOX Boomerang" over and over.

Still. It was NOT good.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Dont make me post the video again :lol: works exactly like i expected so scratch it off the list when comparing the two consoles please. maybe if i didnt have to say xbox before every command i may have tried it. Saying "xbox watch fox sports west" 6 times i dont see the convenience its a PIA i can just hit the remote. :D I barely talk to my family now they want me to talk to my tv and my car radio .
Sorry, load of bollocks.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jimmydeicide wrote: works exactly like i expected
Well put.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:gaming forums ablaze with NFL 2K rumored for next gen 2015 :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720083
8O Oooh I hope this to be true.....but a site called HipHopGames is reporting this rumor?

It would be great if it was true. But it's been what, 8-9 years since 2K5 whatever the last version of NFL 2K was?

And 6-7 years since APF 2K?

Bet those developers have long since moved on to other things. So even if they got an NFL license and gathered the team, it would take them awhile to put something together.

And lets face it, football games aren't as lucrative as they used to be. Part of the reason EA canceled NCAA probably had to do with declining sales.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

RobVarak wrote:

I like Gerstman, but what does he expect to get from voice recognition when he talks faster than a sorority girl on greenies?

Was thinking the same thing. From what it looks like if you program the thing to your preferences you will get a solid experience...not perfect. Bottom line, there are going to be some quirks.

It kills me that some people (including some of the 'experts' at the major sights) think the damn thing is going to simply 'obey' you. After some pre release impressions of the PS4 I was a tiny bit worried about what I was getting...then the PS4 arrived and it's been way better than expected. Maybe the cyber geeks that work at these sights just become numb to things that the average consumer will be impressed with. If the XBone responds anywhere near the way it did in the demo vids I've seen I'll be very pleased.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

RobVarak wrote:

Agreed. What's silly is this criticism that "I'd tried to everything with voice control, and it didn't always work." I imagine most people will prefer to do a combo of voice stuff and use the controller anyway. For example, I don't care how great Siri becomes, there will always be some things I'll do manually either out of habit or preference. I'm just glad they are trying to move this tech forward.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Addison, IL, United States 11/22/2013 1:01 A.M. Out For Delivery
Yeah, screw Ebay. I'm keeping this sucker. :)

Damn review videos got me too excited. lol

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Lots of issues being reported with Xbox one...mostly drive failure problems.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

tjung0831 wrote:Lots of issues being reported with Xbox one...mostly drive failure problems.
These issues will be magnified because it's the launch of a new console, but I think we'll find that the problems being reported are minimal, similar to the PS4 related problems. The vast majority of people who bought these consoles don't turn to the internet and are enjoying their new systems. It's the loud minority that'll make the most noise.

In any case, I hope everyone here at DSP who is waiting on their Xbox One consoles enjoys them and doesn't incur any issues!

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Hey PS4ers, do more of you think you're likely to play online games or a league-type scene with Madden or with Fifa?

Neither are series I have been playing recently, but I am probably going to get one. Leaning towards Fifa because my son plays soccer, but if Madden seems more likely to get some play here I may switch over...

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

lots of lines here in JAX at best buy plus they are opening a new microsoft store here today with the launch of the BX1

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

webdanzer wrote:Hey PS4ers, do more of you think you're likely to play online games or a league-type scene with Madden or with Fifa?

Neither are series I have been playing recently, but I am probably going to get one. Leaning towards Fifa because my son plays soccer, but if Madden seems more likely to get some play here I may switch over...
I've yet to play either game online, so I'd have to reserve judment until then. I will say both games are at the top of my rotation, along with NBA 2K14. Leebo and I played 2K14 the other night, and unfortunately the lag was terrible. I couldn't imagine playing that game very often online, or for that matter a league.

I have heard Madden plays quite nicely online, so if that is the case, I'd be interested in playing. Fifa, while much improved in single player, obviously has the draw of being a fantastic multi-player game. The problem for me is that I'm awful when going against someone with a lot of experience. All in all, both games are enjoyable so I'm sure there'd be a pretty good following for both games.