XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by XXXIV »

wco81 wrote:MS reportedly spent $100 million on the design of the X1 controller, probably because of some fanciful features which didn't make the final cut:

http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-one-con ... projectors
And then what happened?

Most worthless post of this generation by FAR!!!!

GRATZ!!!!

Amazing that idiots like these are still posting. I thought we were trying to make it better for us all.

My bad!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

My neighbors will be picking my Xbone, as we are still on vacation, not sure I am in rush to hook it up right away when I get back, in fact if the demand is there I may just flip it for a profit.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Zlax45 wrote:I will be around for the 360 as the new systems are doing nothing for me right now...
Yeah a lot has to be said for last gen. I think i'll stay put with just the PS4 for now. I can see running out of disk space real quick because game installations are now mandatory and i'll either have to upgrade the drive or add disk space just so I can have more than 10 games in my library. So it's either that or having to delete and reinstall games.

I was taken back by the 2.2 GB update patch for NBA 2K14. So that's this gen. So as much as gamers got on MS regarding mandatory installs, well Sony is not far behind because you have to do the same as the X1. If you buy a digital copy of a game, you better have a blazing fast internet connections as most games are in the 30-50GB range, PC games are in the 5-15GB range.

So all the advantages consoles use to have over the PC is now gone, it's flip flopped.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

vader29 wrote:Well I just got a new 360 today because I plan on keeping mine for the long haul, if anything once I have a new system it will kept to use as a media center extender as my tv shows get recorded on my computer and streamed to the 360 and neither the PS4 or Xbox One will have a media extender. Also have a ton of Rock Band songs and games downloaded that won't be on the next gen systems, and of course NHL 14 looks better on the current gen systems right now anyhow. :wink:

:P
My vote for post of the year. No NHL, no TW, no GTA equals a no go. I don't feel bad at all for canceling my preorder, but next fall should be epic for the next gen systems.
gamertag: ddtrane65

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Zlax45 wrote:I will be around for the 360 as the new systems are doing nothing for me right now...
As will I, but I remember you said you weren't getting NHL 14 and you had your copy day one, hmm....
gamertag: ddtrane65

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

Anyone else order their Xbox One direct from the Microsoft store?

It says my order has shipped, and I have a UPS tracking number, but on UPS is the status is 'Order Processed, Ready for UPS' as though it hasn't yet been picked up. Is MS sending systems OVERNIGHT?, or am I screwed somehow?
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Sport73 wrote:Anyone else order their Xbox One direct from the Microsoft store?

It says my order has shipped, and I have a UPS tracking number, but on UPS is the status is 'Order Processed, Ready for UPS' as though it hasn't yet been picked up. Is MS sending systems OVERNIGHT?, or am I screwed somehow?
I have the exact same situation. My theory is that Microsoft has these consoles already shipped to distribution centers, so labels will get slapped on and sent out for delivery tomorrow.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Amazon has charged my card and is preparing to ship! :D
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Anyone ordered through Best Buy? I still haven't got an email regarding shipping. Anyone else with better luck?

Do you think this has anything to do with my city's crackhead mayor?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

TheTruth wrote:Amazon has charged my card and is preparing to ship! :D

Me too.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Shipped! (Amazon)
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'll still be around since I don't want to spend the cash right now. Still interested in seeing how well the XB1 works with DirectV

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

Aristo wrote:

I have the exact same situation. My theory is that Microsoft has these consoles already shipped to distribution centers, so labels will get slapped on and sent out for delivery tomorrow.
I'm in the same situation and had the same concerns. I have called MS and the ensured me I would get mine tomorrow.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

As sad as it sounds...I'm now trying to sell a bunch of crap so that I can squeeze both consoles into my life. LOL. Got a slim PS3 w/ an SSD upgrade and the Move system in my main room that I use mostly as a BluRay/Netflix player (and the occasional dance app for the kids when they come over) that I can probably sell to cover part of the X1. LOL. This is so pathetic. I don't even know if I like the thing yet and I'm plotting how to keep it.

Stcloud
Mario Mendoza

Post by Stcloud »

For those that ordered from the MS Store, believe they are shipping next day air which is why the status is not updated

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:As sad as it sounds...I'm now trying to sell a bunch of crap so that I can squeeze both consoles into my life. LOL. Got a slim PS3 w/ an SSD upgrade and the Move system in my main room that I use mostly as a BluRay/Netflix player (and the occasional dance app for the kids when they come over) that I can probably sell to cover part of the X1. LOL. This is so pathetic. I don't even know if I like the thing yet and I'm plotting how to keep it.
You wanna hear pathetic? I've actually been debating using the $100 credit I'd get from BB if I trade in my 360 towards a Wii U. No joke. Now THAT'S pathetic.

My thought is that I'd get $100 from the trade in, i'd return one of my XB1 pre-orders and I have a $25 BB gift card. That's close to $200 right there. Wii U bundles with 2 Mario games are $299 right now. I'm itching to play that new Mario 3D World.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Spooky wrote:You wanna hear pathetic? I've actually been debating using the $100 credit I'd get from BB if I trade in my 360 towards a Wii U. No joke. Now THAT'S pathetic.

My thought is that I'd get $100 from the trade in, i'd return one of my XB1 pre-orders and I have a $25 BB gift card. That's close to $200 right there. Wii U bundles with 2 Mario games are $299 right now. I'm itching to play that new Mario 3D World.
Eeesh. Yeah, much worse than me. At least I'm getting two good systems, not one crappy one with a single good game. ;) Tho Austin will probably like it more than the other two systems so I suppose it makes sense. I figured, I've got an iPad for kiddie games once D is ready. Leave the real gaming to the big boy systems.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Spooky wrote:You wanna hear pathetic? I've actually been debating using the $100 credit I'd get from BB if I trade in my 360 towards a Wii U. No joke. Now THAT'S pathetic.

Eeesh. Yeah, much worse than me. At least I'm getting two good systems, not one crappy one with a single good game. ;) Tho Austin will probably like it more than the other two systems so I suppose it makes sense. I figured, I've got an iPad for kiddie games once D is ready. Leave the real gaming to the big boy systems.
LOL. It will be years before A-Man touches a game controller so it's really for me. This whole idea came from me thinking of trading in my 360 but not really knowing what to use the extra $100 for. There aren't any other XB1 games I want besides the 4 I have pre-ordered. Hmmmm...
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

fsquid wrote:I'll still be around since I don't want to spend the cash right now. Still interested in seeing how well the XB1 works with DirectV
Roll back a few pages. One of the links that I posted was a review by a DTV user. Didn't seem to be any problems specific to the DTV box at all.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Spooky wrote:LOL. It will be years before A-Man touches a game controller so it's really for me. This whole idea came from me thinking of trading in my 360 but not really knowing what to use the extra $100 for. There aren't any other XB1 games I want besides the 4 I have pre-ordered. Hmmmm...
Pretty sure you can find something to buy with $100 from best buy. Or just send it over to me and I'll take care of it for ya.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

My wife has a business ups account and gets notified of packages coming to the house. Even though my tracking number shows the same status as yours, her login shows the shipping location (Memphis distribution center for me) and confirms it for next day delivery. We should be all set.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

RobVarak wrote:
fsquid wrote:I'll still be around since I don't want to spend the cash right now. Still interested in seeing how well the XB1 works with DirectV
Roll back a few pages. One of the links that I posted was a review by a DTV user. Didn't seem to be any problems specific to the DTV box at all.
I have DirecTV with their Tivo DVR. So I can give that feedback tomorrow, as long as everything ships as it is supposed to.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Spooky wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:As sad as it sounds...I'm now trying to sell a bunch of crap so that I can squeeze both consoles into my life. LOL. Got a slim PS3 w/ an SSD upgrade and the Move system in my main room that I use mostly as a BluRay/Netflix player (and the occasional dance app for the kids when they come over) that I can probably sell to cover part of the X1. LOL. This is so pathetic. I don't even know if I like the thing yet and I'm plotting how to keep it.
You wanna hear pathetic? I've actually been debating using the $100 credit I'd get from BB if I trade in my 360 towards a Wii U. No joke. Now THAT'S pathetic.

I can envision going with the Wii U at some point actually, especially if they have another price drop in the near future. They're starting to put out some great games, and the combo of a PS3/Wii U would offer an unbelieveable variety.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Aristo wrote:
RobVarak wrote:
I have DirecTV with their Tivo DVR. So I can give that feedback tomorrow, as long as everything ships as it is supposed to.
look forward to it

Soupa Mac
Mario Mendoza

Post by Soupa Mac »

Spooky wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

LOL. It will be years before A-Man touches a game controller so it's really for me. This whole idea came from me thinking of trading in my 360 but not really knowing what to use the extra $100 for. There aren't any other XB1 games I want besides the 4 I have pre-ordered. Hmmmm...
XBOX should I buy a WiiU?