XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Diablo25 »

Just messed with the live broadcasting thing while I was just free styling in NBA2k14. You can use your mic to talk but other than that there is no game audio. Not sure if I'm missing something or what. I had my iPad with the Twitch Tv app running next to me. Other than the audio thing the video streamed pretty nicely. If anyone has a clue on how to get the actual game audio in the stream help a brotha out :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I'm gonna stream a game of NBA2k14 in a minute. If anyone wants to give it a look look for My channel...it is EPDiablo25 (I guess). Let me know if u guys watched.

Here is the link.

http://twitch.tv/epdiablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Diablo25 wrote:I'm gonna stream a game of NBA2k14 in a minute. If anyone wants to give it a look look for My channel...it is EPDiablo25 (I guess). Let me know if u guys watched.

Here is the link.

I'll take a look.

I just kicked the kids off the PS4. They had been playing for over two hours, and I'm a little nervous about the PS4 overheating. Figured it need it cool down anyways.

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

Diablo25 wrote:I'm gonna stream a game of NBA2k14 in a minute. If anyone wants to give it a look look for My channel...it is EPDiablo25 (I guess). Let me know if u guys watched.

Here is the link.

I watched a couple of minutes. Looks good.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Crystal clear on my galaxy s4 over 4G
GT = Wilk5280

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Yep, looks good but.......Sh*t! LOL :wink:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Yep, looks good but.......Sh*t! LOL :wink:
Lolo, I switch way too much on D. I got a lot better in the second half. Lost by like 9 though.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Diablo25 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Yep, looks good but.......Sh*t! LOL :wink:
Lolo, I switch way too much on D. I got a lot better in the second half. Lost by like 9 though.
I say much worse, trust me! I got blown out this morning against the Rockets using Denver. I started out well, but nobody could get anything going except for Ty Lawson.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm not sure if this was posted a week or so ago, but this is a cool 8 minute video showing the nuances of Xbox One UI. The UI seems very seamless and well thought out. The voice recognition sounds great. The TV guide feature is really cool, but I don't know if I'd be comfortable with the Xbox One all the time. Not that I'm worried about being watched, but more concerned about hardware issues. All in all, Xbox One owners have reason to be excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe6jV-APwM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Whoa, over 1100 reviews on Amazon and 400 of those are DOA's.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Streaming KillZone MP now

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

No issues for me, so far. I'm loving the PS4. I picked up FIFA and NBA2K13. I'll probably grab Madden soon too.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:I'm not sure if this was posted a week or so ago, but this is a cool 8 minute video showing the nuances of Xbox One UI. The UI seems very seamless and well thought out. The voice recognition sounds great. The TV guide feature is really cool, but I don't know if I'd be comfortable with the Xbox One all the time. Not that I'm worried about being watched, but more concerned about hardware issues. All in all, Xbox One owners have reason to be excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe6jV-APwM
Yeah, I watched that one the day it came out and it got me really juiced for the XB1. Too many goodies in a short period of time.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Murph wrote:No issues for me, so far. I'm loving the PS4. I picked up FIFA and NBA2K13. I'll probably grab Madden soon too.
No issues for me either, except one freeze so far, and of course PSN problems on the first day. I'm able to log in with no problems, but haven't even tried to play online to see if it's stable.

It is strange that all these DOA's are from Amazon orders. Can't believe there would be something going on during shipping. In any case, hopefully Sony will make a follow up announcement early this week.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Rodster wrote:Whoa, over 1100 reviews on Amazon and 400 of those are DOA's.
375 are probably from MS employees. :)

Even if all 400 are legit, the likelihood of a user with a negative experience posting is several orders of magnitude greater than a satisfied user doing so. This is an ironclad law of internet user reviews in general...probably even magnified in this case. If I had a working PS4, I'd be way too busy playing it to waste my time posting a review on the internet.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:

Even if all 400 are legit, the likelihood of a user with a negative experience posting is several orders of magnitude greater than a satisfied user doing so. This is an ironclad law of internet user reviews in general...probably even magnified in this case. If I had a working PS4, I'd be way too busy playing it to waste my time posting a review on the internet.
Yep.

Fish aint biting.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

RobVarak wrote:

Yeah, more than likely they're not all legit, but that doesn't discount all the different issues that people are raising. But, here's what interesting. When the 360 was released, it was the first console of that generation. I don't recall how many weeks after the PS3 released, but the problems with RROD with the 360 were definitely magnified x 1000. And rightly so, but it was also scrutinized because it was the first out. Plus, I'm sure there were some Sony fanatics who posted lies. I know the PS3 had its fair share of problems, but they seemed less, but were they really? With the PS4 essentially launching earlier, now it's Sony who is being looked at under a microscope. Of course, my theory could be bunk because I don't remember there being this many so called problems with the Wii U.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The PS3 was released almost a year after the 360. So no one was paying attention to anything else while the 360 kept going RROD. Plus, it didn't help that people had multiple RRODs (myself I had 5 different consoles). And of course there weren't problems with the Wii U...they sold like ten of them.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

I take back all the nasty things I said about remote play - the day 1 problems must have been connected to the PSN issues and all the updates downloading in the background. Now it works flawlessly - FIFA is definitely playable, even more so if I can get used to the back pad for L2 and R2. No more PSN issues either - much, much happier camper now...

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Interesting .......

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/foxco ... 453522435/

"On Aug. 28th, one of the student started a thread stating that "Since foxconn are not treating us well, we will not treat ps4 console well. The ps4 console we assemble can be turned on at best". This thread has been deleted but got snapshot.

If your ps4 console was manufactured in Yantai China, then I wish you good luck.

You can translate the content yourself in google translate."

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

So, I guess everyone who has a PS4 already has made their final decision when it comes to Xbone vs PS4?

I won't get my PS4 until right before I head out of town for Thanksgiving, and my Xbone should be waiting for me when I return from DC, so at this stage I'm not sure I'm even going to open the box on the PS4. I had hoped there might be some DSPers with whom I could enjoy FIFA OTP, Madden, and Battlefield online on the Xbone, but it looks to me like everyone is going all in for the PS4 for all of these early multi platform games. Will you guys all be trying to sell your Xbone's this Christmas season?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I need to reread the thread or maybe I just am misunderstanding your post. Liquor will do that. 8)

I dont see where anyone that plays Ice dragons or Madden with us (as examples) having made any commitment of that type.

I dont see many of us making that call for months...At least wait til the X1 is out :P

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Zep,

XBONE here.

L

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

sportdan30 wrote:

I just kicked the kids off the PS4. They had been playing for over two hours, and I'm a little nervous about the PS4 overheating. Figured it need it cool down anyways.
You just described a console I would never spend money on. If I'm nervous about playing for more than two hours, then I don't need it.

While the design and size of the PS4 looks pretty awesome, maybe the tiny footprint, with the power brick inside the console, is not the best design decision. I won't be surprised if the XBO has some issues, but they went overkill in eliminating overheating with a huge console with extra fans, and left the power brick outside the console.

The issues with PSN that I keep seeing over and over was pretty much predictable. We'll see if the XBO stumbles, but again, one of the main reasons I love my 360 is that Microsoft nailed down a robust online service a long time ago. Sony seems still be learning.

Hopefully these launch hiccups will fade quickly for Sony. It's bad enough to get a bad unit. But when others troubles makes those with solid units afraid to play them, it's a pretty big problem.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Zeppo wrote:So, I guess everyone who has a PS4 already has made their final decision when it comes to Xbone vs PS4?

I won't get my PS4 until right before I head out of town for Thanksgiving, and my Xbone should be waiting for me when I return from DC, so at this stage I'm not sure I'm even going to open the box on the PS4. I had hoped there might be some DSPers with whom I could enjoy FIFA OTP, Madden, and Battlefield online on the Xbone, but it looks to me like everyone is going all in for the PS4 for all of these early multi platform games. Will you guys all be trying to sell your Xbone's this Christmas season?
XBone and BF4 for me this Friday. Forza 5 too.

I just keep getting the feeling that the XBone is going to come out the box better than the PS4. The UI on the PS4 is adequate but clunky. The gaming is great on the PS4 but I can't see it topping the XB. MS did too many things right last generation. I think consumers are going to take to and enjoy the media functionality of the XBone more than expected. I know it's not even out yet but videos, like the one posted above by sportdan30, are starting to show some of the polish the XBone may have. Just my 2 cents...what do I know :).
PSN Name - EPDiablo25