XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by grtwhtsk »

I now REALLY want an Xbox One and nowhere to get one....AARGHH!! :cry:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

grtwhtsk wrote:I now REALLY want an Xbox One and nowhere to get one....AARGHH!! :cry:
Maybe we can talk next week. ;)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I can't wait to see what becomes of NHL 15... that game alone could get me to purchase a next gen system. :)

Dan,

Loan me some money will ya?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Well, I decided to just see what's going on with the PS4 when I can walk in and grab one off the shelf. As it stands, I'll just sit by and read reviews, but on the 22nd I'll have the XB1 since I DID preorder that one.

My release lineup:

Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
NBA 2K14
Ryse
Assassin's Creed 4
Madden 25
COD Ghosts

I'll play them on the XBox and pick up a PS4 when I see them readily available. I just don't care enough about baseball to need MLB, and until I start reading that games run fabulously on PS4 and like crap on XB1, then I don't know what else to do.

I'm just glad they DON'T have them readily available on day one--otherwise I'd probably have all the cross-platform stuff on PS4 and the exclusives on XB1 a week later :|

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

sportdan30 wrote:Just got back from Target with NBA 2K14, Fifa 14, and then I just couldn't decide......AC (never been a big fan of the series), BF4 (not a huge online player...wonder how the SP mode is) Madden, Knack (Sony exclusive)....so, I went with Madden with the idea of not playing that game Friday, or at least until I see actual gameplay footage and hear enough reviews and impressions. The sales guy assured me that I can switch out Madden for another game if I so choose. Maybe, I'll go with KZ or NFS.

Tomorrow, the embargo is lifted so hopefully we'll have a better idea what the best reviewed games are. I'm definitely enthusiastic and comfortable with my purchases of NBA 2K14 and Fifa 14, and slightly excited about playing Madden on the PS4.

Only three to four months until MLB 14!!!! :D
I went to Target this afternoon based on this post, figured avoiding the madness on Friday is worth the time.

I got Madden, FIFA and BF4. I think the only other PS4 game they had was COD Ghost.

They had to pull FIFA off one of the display cases so I got one of the last ones. Would think they would get more Friday.

The clerk said NBA 2K14, Knack and others will be available on Friday.

Posted on Craigslist to sell the unopened BF4 though if I get lowballed too much, probably will swap it for something else.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

grtwhtsk wrote:I now REALLY want an Xbox One and nowhere to get one....AARGHH!! :cry:
Again mine can be had for $800. ah hell for you $795 :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

I'm all in with the PS4 - planning to cancel my Live Gold subscription and phase out Xbox altogether. These days I can really only justify one system and can live without Forza more than i can without The Show.

Got the BF4 bundle, FIFA and NBA2K which should keep me busy through the holidays.

I definitely would be interested in a FIFA 14 PS4 DS virtual club if there are numbers. Warts and all, I think 90 percent of my gaming time is spent with the FIFA series and I don't expect that to change in next gen.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I bought NBA 2K14, FIFA14, and AC at Target during lunch today. They seemed to have most of the games but in limited quantities. The clerk said that they had just received notification to lift the sales restriction. I may exchange AC for another title depending on early reviews.

We decided to hold onto the Xbox One preorder and use it as a Christmas gift for our two boys. Three boys if you count me. :D

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:So yeah...that's my plan now, if anyone gives a sh*t. LOL...which I'm sure you don't, but this is therapy to me.
I give a s***. Sounds ridiculous but I love talking about this s*** :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My buy 1 get 1 Amazon games arrived today...ACBF and KillZone. Put those with NBA2k14, which I picked up Sunday and I'm set for Friday - just need the console now :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I have a number of 360 friends who we're swearing by their PS4 preorders, but are now trying to figure out how to score a xbox1. Seems there's some of that goin on here. It's def tough to switch (but I'd arugue it's even tougher to buy both systems & devote time to each). Will be interesting to see what everyone ends up with compared to the comments in the earlier pages of this section.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:I have a number of 360 friends who we're swearing by their PS4 preorders, but are now trying to figure out how to score a xbox1. Seems there's some of that goin on here. It's def tough to switch (but I'd arugue it's even tougher to buy both systems & devote time to each). Will be interesting to see what everyone ends up with compared to the comments in the earlier pages of this section.
Haha...that was me. But I was smart enough to pre-order both, w/ Amazon so I could cancel at anytime up until they ship without any penalty. So yeah...I really shouldn't keep both but you never know. Like I said a few posts back, I'm the biggest flip flopper of them all...I can't make up my damn mind.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Playstation app is out for both iOS and Android.

iOS version is formatted only for iPhone.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

IGN has a lot of PS4 game reviews as the embargo has been lifted. Strangely, I don't see a Madden review yet......

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Kind of disappointed with the Killzone reviews. Was hoping for a must-buy experience. Now I'm thinking that NBA 2K14 is my launch title - people are comparing it to Fight Night from the early 360 days - so beautiful that you just can't look away. I know it will play pretty solidly as well, so seems like a safe purchase. Along with the free PS Plus game Resogun (great twin stick shooter), I think I'm set!

IGN -8
Gamespot -7
Eurogamer -7
Joysitq -3.5/5
Destructoid -9

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I was worried about. It's for a sort of silly game, but still:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/ ... n-xbox-one

So the LEGO Marvel game is going to launch on Friday for PS4, but it's been delayed with no date for XB1...which makes me believe that developers are going to be developing for PS4 and then porting. Doesn't make me feel any more comfortable, for sure.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Looking at the list of launch titles, only Killzone really piques my interest for PS4. Knack could be a fun diversion, but I'd need to wait for some quality reviews to take the plunge. Drove Club is intriguing, but it could turn out to be a bit of a flop. And the early Killzone reviews are not increasing my interest, to say the least.

On the other hand, Xbone has Ryse, which could go either way, and Dead Rising 3 which isn't really my cup of tea but should be a very impressive launch title, and of course, the juggernaut that is Forza.

For whatever reason, I'm still leaning towards Xbone for all the multiplatform titles that I plan on getting, specifically FIFA, Battlefiled and Madden, with Assassin's Creed also a probability. A big part of my reluctance to jump over to PS4 is Live, of course, but I am also very intrigued with the Xbone's front end especially with Kinect. Being able to watch TV and see an invite, or even to be able to instantly check my friends list without interrupting the TV feed, or better yet to pull up my Xbone interface on the side with the TV still going in a big window, that kind of thing seems to me like an obvious yet big step forward which PS4 simply will not be able to do. No matter how much better the PS4 front end and online community integration will be than the PS3, the Xbone's HDMI pass through / IR blaster / Kinect interface appear to be poised to just blow it out of the water.

That said, if it does indeed turn out that 3rd party titles such as NBA or the EA Sports games or even Battlefield and Ass Creed prove to run much worse on Xbone, well, that could push me over. But so far when I look at the launch lists, I am heavily leaning Xbone for the 3rd party games.

Infamous Second Son looks like the first game I will really want to get for PS4. I really enjoyed the first one, although I skipped the sequel. That won't arrive until February at the earliest, and if it shows up too close to Titan Fall, well, I may skip it.

My PS4 isn't slated to arrive from Amazon until late next week, so I may (may) just sit on it and try to eBay it or sell it to a fellow DSPer if I can resist the "new technology smell." Once my Xbone gets here (it should be waiting for me when I get home after Thanksgiving) I don't think I'll mind too much that the PS4 is sitting in a box.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

It looks like the Playstation app will show the status of your friends and invites and such.

Well that's the way it should work.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I'll be picking up the PS4 either tonight or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow as it's looking to be COLD this evening, and I'm not hankering for any midnight line standing! :)

I think I'm going with FIFA and Knack as good games that can be played by the family. The system is a 'family present' for the upcoming holidays, so I'm primarily looking at games I can play with my sons.

I've said this before, but I'm definitely done being the primary gamer in my family. I'll let my kids lead the way, and just grab a title or two from time to time for myself.

Would be interested in occasional online FIFA games, though, so I'll poke around here to see if there are any others willing to play.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I tend to agree with you Zeppo with regards to the launch titles. Really like the looks of Ryse. Xbox One certainly seems to have the more intriguing titles from the get go. IMO, it's not even close. Not to mention, the Sony launch exclusives are gettting rather mediocre reviews. I just trust that Sony will long term have the exclusives like they did on the PS3 that interested me more than the titles on the 360. Thankfully, there are enough titles that at launch that will hold me over until around February or March. And those I'm luke warm about, I'll simply rent them just to get the experience.

I too like the potential of Kinect, but don't see myself using the tv aspect of it all that much, although it would be pretty cool to be able to play a game and watch a sports game at the same time. Love that function. That said, I've always enjoyed Sony's clean interface more than the Microsoft's but they both appear to be upgraded significantly.

I'm envious of those who are getting both systems! They both have something different to offer the gamer, which is great.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Web, I picked up Fifa 14 for the PS4, so I'd be willing to play.........although I pretty much suck!

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I downloaded the PlayStation app on my EVO earlier.... It seems to be somewhat functional, just nothing there for me at the moment. It doesn't show any friends when though I thought I had a few from my PS3......

My ps4 is on craiglist still..... one offer so far, for $19 above my cost. I ignored it... Sort of hoping it doesn't sell :) I want to play some NBA 2k.. haven't played that in a few years and it looks really good.

I need to take advantage of the Target deal.. I wish Deadrising was not an exclusive as I would pick that up... Maybe my other 2 could be Madden and GTA V as I don't have that yet for the Xbox...
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This gives me hope and excitement as a PS4 owner...

From Naughty Dog studio regarding a game they're working on.....

“If I said anything about what we’re doing right now it wouldn’t be exciting,” he teased. “The PS4 is awesome. It gives us the chance to do a lot of things that we’ve been talking about for some time. You’ll be in awe when you play it.”

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/11/ ... r_ps4_game

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

GTA V?

That's not been announced for next gen consoles.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

wco81 wrote:GTA V?

That's not been announced for next gen consoles.

" GTA V as I don't have that yet for the Xbox.."

I know.. I was inferring getting it for my 360...
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13