XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: New Xbox AND PS4 Info/Rumors

Post by WillHunting »

Aristo wrote:
Wow, that's amazing on so many levels.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

WillHunting wrote:
Aristo wrote:
Wow, that's amazing on so many levels.
What he said,
Last edited by Murph on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's funny...I'm still completely torn about which console to get. All of the reports about the PS4 being faster (even if it's just a little bit) gives me pause on going with the Xbox out of the gate. I go back and forth weekly is basically what I'm saying. LOL. It's a disease.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:It's funny...I'm still completely torn about which console to get. All of the reports about the PS4 being faster (even if it's just a little bit) gives me pause on going with the Xbox out of the gate. I go back and forth weekly is basically what I'm saying. LOL. It's a disease.
That's a big reason why I couldn't bring myself to preorder. I can't really decide which console I want, and I do not want to drop $1000+ for two. It's a difficult position to be in considering how much I love this hobby. I'm actually hoping Zeppo is right about consoles being scarce for a few months so that there is time for the dust to settle and I can make a more informed choice.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Brando70 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:It's funny...I'm still completely torn about which console to get. All of the reports about the PS4 being faster (even if it's just a little bit) gives me pause on going with the Xbox out of the gate. I go back and forth weekly is basically what I'm saying. LOL. It's a disease.
That's a big reason why I couldn't bring myself to preorder. I can't really decide which console I want, and I do not want to drop $1000+ for two. It's a difficult position to be in considering how much I love this hobby. I'm actually hoping Zeppo is right about consoles being scarce for a few months so that there is time for the dust to settle and I can make a more informed choice.
He better be, because while I do plan to eventually keep both consoles, if the chance to make some $$$ this holiday season is real, I may just do that selling one of them.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Brando70 wrote:That's a big reason why I couldn't bring myself to preorder. I can't really decide which console I want, and I do not want to drop $1000+ for two. It's a difficult position to be in considering how much I love this hobby. I'm actually hoping Zeppo is right about consoles being scarce for a few months so that there is time for the dust to settle and I can make a more informed choice.
Smart move.

There's also a chance one of these consoles could have a severe design defect out of the box, like the RROD with the 360. One would think MS and Sony learned from that fiasco, but corners always are cut on hardware so units can be moved out as cheaply as possible, with MS and Sony recouping any losses on software licensing and sales.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Adding a third option soon?

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/

Looks like a countdown to a "Steam Box" announcement.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

mike95 wrote:Adding a third option soon?

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/

Looks like a countdown to a "Steam Box" announcement.
Too little to late for me as I already built a Steam Box.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Even if they make a great design, you have to wonder about Valve's ability to manufacture and distribute the boxes, service them after sale, etc.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

wco81 wrote:Even if they make a great design, you have to wonder about Valve's ability to manufacture and distribute the boxes, service them after sale, etc.
Considering Valve's history I have faith that they would get the right parties involved to be successful.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Microsoft is saying don't place the XONE in the vertical position because of the slot loading drive.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:Don't get me wrong I want better sports games, especially The Show as its a bit stale IMO. I'm just asking did I miss something? I haven't seen anything on any next gen sports games except for the EA Ignite engine crap which seems like marketing fluff.

I know it is a safe assumption but has a version of the Show for the PS4 even been confirmed? Maybe now that the consoles are essentially PC's it will be released on the PC.

Anyway my point is I am not expecting much of anything from the 1st wave of next gen sports titles.
No doubt. I'm not either, and by being an early adopter of the next gen systems, that's what is to be expected, especially for sports games. I know in time I'll purchase a Xbox One, but I just know that come April, I'll be jonesing for a baseball game. I don't want to necessarily roll the dice on a 2K baseball game.

Russel from SCEA has been in communication with several posters over at OS, that I'm definitely not worried it's not coming out on the PS4. It might be a month or so later than normal...just my guess.

I agree The Show has become a little stale and stangnant lately, but I also think by moving to the PS4, the devs will have even greater resources to work with. I'd love for them to copy 2K's pitching mechanics.

In the meantime, Forza looks gorgeous! Certainly going to miss that.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Of course, my PS3 just died.

Anyone have any success fixing one that has the red flashing light issue?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Sudz wrote:Of course, my PS3 just died.

Anyone have any success fixing one that has the red flashing light issue?
Which PS3, Slim or Phat? Check to see if you have excessive dust blocking the vents which would cause it to overheat.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

SteamOS http://www.gamespot.com/news/valve-reve ... os-6414851

Half-Life and Portal studio announces its own Linux-powered operating system; designed for the TV and the living room; will be available "soon" as free download.

Valve also revealed four new four new features that will be supported through SteamOS and the standard Steam platform. These are in-home streaming, family sharing (confirmed last week), "family options" like parental controls, and the ability to access movies, music, and TV shows from "many of the media services you know and love."

Valve said SteamOS is rooted in the core ideas of the standard Steam service, the first pillar of which is games. The company said "hundreds of great games" are already running natively on SteamOS and mentioned that gamers should "watch for" announcements regarding AAA titles coming natively to SteamOS in 2014.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

2 more announcements from Steam coming this week. I wonder if we will have a Steam box announced by the end of the week with a lower price tag than the new consoles.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:I wonder if we will have a Steam box announced by the end of the week with a lower price tag than the new consoles.
I would like to see that but don't think it's possible unless they go Tegra.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Rodster wrote:
Danimal wrote:I wonder if we will have a Steam box announced by the end of the week with a lower price tag than the new consoles.
I would like to see that but don't think it's possible unless they go Tegra.

If they do announce a Steam box i doubt they would make it a particularly powerful system. It would probably be something capable of playing a lot of the smaller budget indie titles and be used to Stream games from your main gaming rig to your TV.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

A few interesting bits of information on Xbox One:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/as ... t-xbox-one

Just two months to go!
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

I'm still leaning PS4, but we'll see.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Murph wrote:I'm still leaning PS4, but we'll see.
My current feeling is the same. But like I said a few pages back, that changes almost daily. The only exclusive I HAVE to have his The Show, so the PS4 seems like the logical way to go. Though I really want Forza 5, but not sure the "lesser" console is worth it for one game. It's looking more and more like PS4 for me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I just received another email from Amazon that they received additional stock of PS4's and my order was upgraded to release day. If I keep it i'm leaning on Killzone 4. Too bad there's no mention of another Motorstorm game.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Steam Machines. I like the name. SteamOS running on "consoles" from different manufacturers. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

LAking wrote:Steam Machines. I like the name. SteamOS running on "consoles" from different manufacturers. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

OUYA 2.0... :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

LAking wrote:Steam Machines. I like the name. SteamOS running on "consoles" from different manufacturers. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

MS tried to get the PC OEMs to make Xboxes under license and they weren't interested because they didn't think they'd make much money. Steam doesn't have the money to manufacture and distribute hardware, much less set up service and support infrastructure.

I'd like to see more competition but skeptical that they would appeal to consumers beyond those who already game on the PC or those who are already Steam users.

For one thing, would they get EA games or any kind of sports games? Only if they sell a lot of hardware or get a lot of people to install the SteamOS on their PCs.