MLB 12 The Show

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: MLB 12 The Show

Post by TheGamer »

Ha. Just had my game interupted by a fan running onto the field. They didn't show him though, just stated that by MLB policy they will keep the camera off of him. Very nice touch, though they have Wrigley confused with US Cellular on the south side.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Has anyone been able to connect online to the show recently? Anytime I try to go into any of the menus online, I get the Your Connection to the Show Online has been lost. F*CKING PIECE OF SH*T. I've about had it really. So f'n annoying. I'm connected to the PSN and I've never had any issues until the last few days with the damn Show.

The whole point of buying a vita was gaming on the go with The Show and I can't do that. F*ck Sony. Fix it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Hey look at that...right after I post my rant, it works! Assholes. This sh*t is so frustrating.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It may not be the Show db. I got disconnected yesterday from my PS3 on the main menu, then it happened on the Show Vita, then it cleared up.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's the game. I'm still connected to PSN and I can do stuff online in any of my other games. It's DEFINITELY the Show itself.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I just got smoked by the Royals, 11-3. I have to let the game do too many things for me.. dumb it down so to speak. Had to turn on auto fielding late in the game because on "assist" after I would take over a fielder, they would stop at times and balls would get past them.

I need to try meter pitching some.. I couldn't hit any corner with Wainwright, 8 runs in one inning.. c'mon now!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

One thing about pulse I like is that all the circles are not created equal. I was pitching with Paul Maholm of the Cubs against the Giants last night, and while the indicator would get fairly small for his fastball, it really didn't for his other pitches that were not rated as highly. That was kind of cool. What was not cool was getting my ass beat by the Giants 11-1, Pablo Sandoval hitting 3 HRs against me, and Lincecum striking me out 16 (!) times,.

One thing I was not sure about: Lincecum staying in to throw 130 pitches in a blowout. The game was 3-1 early, so it's not like the shutout was in question. Maybe the pitchers stay in if you're not hitting them well, regardless of the score?

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Brando70 wrote: One thing I was not sure about: Lincecum staying in to throw 130 pitches in a blowout. The game was 3-1 early, so it's not like the shutout was in question. Maybe the pitchers stay in if you're not hitting them well, regardless of the score?
I think so. I had a similar situation last night, I couldn't hit Oakland's Dallas Braden at all. His pitch count wasn't that high but his green energy meter was almost empty from about the fifth inning on, and they kept sending him out there. He kept throwing these crappy 78-mph changeups that dropped out of the zone, and like an idiot I kept swinging at them. That thing kept saying over and over, "too early, reached". Geeze, thanks.

Luckily they finally went to their bullpen in the 8th, and I hit their relievers pretty well, and wound up winning 5-4 in 11 innings. It was an awesome game! Even won the "Free Baseball" trophy for winning in extra innings. I LOVE this game!!! :D

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Starting to really get a feel for the game (difficulty level, pulse pitching, etc. ). I started a franchise with the Mariners (fantasy draft :)) and I'm happy with my squad. Lost the opener 5-4 on a late run by the A's. My stud, Tulowitzki, hit a bomb to dead center in the 5th. It was a site to see. Such a beautiful game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

backbreaker
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by backbreaker »

Sony released a video of True Broadcast and there is some good stuff waiting for ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 5iexkQP9wc

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I am scared that Diamond Dynasty is sucking me in.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I forgot.. does The Show have "living rosters" or once you start, that's what you get?

I'm itching to start my franchise - spring training and I was just wondering how the rosters worked.. I'm perfectly fine with the release day set.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

I'll interrupt the lovefest with a slight beef I have with the new ball physics.

Overall, I think the new ball physics are great and add a whole new dimension of hit types previously unseen in The Show. But there appears to be something off with the ball and the friction with the grass.

I've seen a lot of balls hit down the lines that result in singles. I'm not talking about a line drive in the corner, I'm talking about a ground ball that gets to a first baseman's left or a third baseman's right. In real life, that ball is usually hit hard enough to get past the OF and into the corner, but in the game, the OF scoops it up easily, and holds the runner to a single.

Unfortunately, turning down OF speed doesn't really do much, I really think the fault lies in the ball slowing down more than it should.

I do however get plenty of doubles, triples, etc. so I guess the issue is more aesthetic than anything else.

All right, back to the lovefest.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Definitely have seen that too...however, I think there would be an unusual amount of doubles if ever ball made it to the corner. It's only slightly off...maybe one or two out of ten or so hits down the line should have been doubles but were actual singles. You have to also remember, the defense is shifting for the particular batter based on match ups as well. So pull hitters, pulling one down the line, is more likely to be a single since the outfield is shading that way. It would be nice if the outfield alignment was displayed without having to go into the menus pre-pitch, but I think that's a big part of what you're seeing.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

MizzouRah wrote:I forgot.. does The Show have "living rosters" or once you start, that's what you get?

I'm itching to start my franchise - spring training and I was just wondering how the rosters worked.. I'm perfectly fine with the release day set.
Wait until around opening day for Knight and co. to release the Operation Sports full minors roster. Its just that--accurate 40 man rosters with all minor leaguers. Good times.

Tony

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

MUTTS wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:I forgot.. does The Show have "living rosters" or once you start, that's what you get?

Wait until around opening day for Knight and co. to release the Operation Sports full minors roster. Its just that--accurate 40 man rosters with all minor leaguers. Good times.

Tony
If I can hold off.. haha.. thanks, I just might do that.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I can't hit for crap in this game, even using timing.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:I can't hit for crap in this game, even using timing.
Try zone with the yellow splotch off. I'm telling ya, you'll have success.

Here's what's great about this game. You might only muster a few hits through six or seven innings, but then you'll erupt for four runs like I did the other night. I felt down and out and wondered the same thing, but then I started working the counts deeper and I exploded for 5 hits in an inning!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Force yourself to take a strike on every at bat. Even when you start hitting force yourself to take a strike. If you do this you will start to recognize what is in the zone and what isn't.

This game is unforgiving when it come to hitting.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
Force yourself to take a strike on every at bat. Even when you start hitting force yourself to take a strike. If you do this you will start to recognize what is in the zone and what isn't.

This game is unforgiving when it come to hitting.
Not to mention by taking a strike, you'll find yourself ahead in the count 2-0 and working the deeper counts.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I don't like zone.. :)

Thanks for the tips guys.. I did get 6 hits last night, a triple and two doubles to boot (Berkman is wicked in this game). I just need to make a rule to take the first pitch like Danimal said.

What camera view do you guys use? I've been going between catcher and classic catcher, not sure which one I like better.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I've been using "catcher" which is the default camera view. I have a little trouble picking up the change ups and the balls that drop below the strike zone at times, but I still prefer it over the other camera views. It's all user preference IMO. Some will swear by the offset camera angle, while others still prefer the catcher classic.

I've also turned down pitch speed one or two clicks. This also seems to help tremendously. It seems easier to pick up the different pitch speeds.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I use timing for hitting on the veteran level. I will keep it on veteran and just adjust sliders in favor of the cpu when I get ready to start my season. Probably lower contact and power for me and raise them for cpu. I'm averaging about 12 hits per game on default settings so it's just about time to change it up. As for the batting camera angle, I stick with the default which I believe is "catcher".
Best sports game of all time though and makes me glad that I have a PS3 I can pull out of the closet and dust off every march! :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I've been using catcher offset and like it a lot. I still strike out too much, but I've been drawing more walks than I have in previous years.

Pay attention to the hitter feedback. If you're consistently way late on pitches, try adjusting the pitch speed slider. Also, guess pitch can help you. Some don't like it because it unrealistically gives you immediate feedback, but I think it's helpful. I often use it when I'm up and sitting on fastballs, or if I suspect a hook or change is coming. Change-ups in particular are really hard to pick up in The Show.

Finally, use the Contact swing on 0-2 and 1-2, or when you just need to put the ball in play. I also recommend not using the power swing. I think the bonus you get is not worth the significant penalty you get in your hitting area, and you can definitely hit plenty of homers using the regular swing.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Brando70 wrote:I've been using catcher offset and like it a lot. I still strike out too much, but I've been drawing more walks than I have in previous years.

Pay attention to the hitter feedback. If you're consistently way late on pitches, try adjusting the pitch speed slider. Also, guess pitch can help you. Some don't like it because it unrealistically gives you immediate feedback, but I think it's helpful. I often use it when I'm up and sitting on fastballs, or if I suspect a hook or change is coming. Change-ups in particular are really hard to pick up in The Show.

Finally, use the Contact swing on 0-2 and 1-2, or when you just need to put the ball in play. I also recommend not using the power swing. I think the bonus you get is not worth the significant penalty you get in your hitting area, and you can definitely hit plenty of homers using the regular swing.
Agree that power swing is not worth it. I get a few more doubles using it seems like, but I also get out more. I tend to hit just as many HRs using regular swing as power swing.