Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote: Also WTF is MERACE as well?
Again not a member of DSP they are getting the boot especially if guys here can't get in.
Dan, MERACE (Mark) joined DSP about five weeks ago. He had trouble getting his membership authenticated... it didn't come until about a week after he applied. He's cut from the same cloth as most DSP'ers, when it comes to sports gaming.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

this is going to sound completely stupid, but how do you even change shot types? I've just been putting the ball forward in my stance, aiming to strike the bottom of the ball and taking a short swing and my chipping has been decent.
GT = Wilk5280

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Hit X before you address the ball.

Tho adjusting your stance yourself is the same thing, as the shot types seem to just be preset shot metre settings.....
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Thanks Dan, I got signed up.

Here's a question hopefully someone can answer, I got the collectors edition with the 20 extra courses and I also preordered the 11 course DLC pack for $39.99. Does anyone know if there are any duplicate courses between the dlc pack and the extra 20 courses on the ce disc? I would assume not, but 31 unique extra courses not on the regular edition sounds like a lot and this is EA we're talking about here.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Badgun wrote:Thanks Dan, I got signed up.

Here's a question hopefully someone can answer, I got the collectors edition with the 20 extra courses and I also preordered the 11 course DLC pack for $39.99. Does anyone know if there are any duplicate courses between the dlc pack and the extra 20 courses on the ce disc? I would assume not, but 31 unique extra courses not on the regular edition sounds like a lot and this is EA we're talking about here.
I was confused by the "20 extra courses" tag on the collectors edition box too, but I think it means TW 13 has Augusta/Masters, and then 20 more courses on top of that. The collector's edition has 6 courses the regular game does not; Augusta Par 3, Oakmont, PGA National, Pinehurst No.2, Old White, and Whistling Straights. Misleading, I know.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

DivotMaker wrote:
fsquid wrote:I can't hit worth s*** on the kinect. Hook, hook, or ground ball to the second baseman.
What swing difficulty are you using? Normal, Hard, Expert? If on Expert, bump it down to Normal for a few rounds, then try Hard. I have yet to play a full round on Expert as it is really tough to hit straight and flush consistently. When I master Hard, I will then move to Expert and try to master it.
I was doing the tournament difficulty. I'll bump it down to Normal and try to get the Kinect stuff down.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I guess I should blame the FIFA pack folks for this, but I'm getting really weary of the 'EA experience.'

Purchase! Boost! Buy! Coins! Increase! Unlock! Pins! Blah blah blah. Did anyone else take a look at the 'New Features' section of this game? Pages of this crap, highlighted, before you get to any gameplay changes.

Couple that with the always fun 'connecting to EA servers' hitches and delays, and this stuff is really starting to hurt the experience for me, despite the gameplay.

Two games in a row now (SSX, first) where if I play online, I'm competing against folks who have who knows what type of boosts, increases, or attribute advantages going on.

Anyhow, I'm not much interested in the 'grind to increase' elements of golf (or snowboarding), so hopefully you country club guys will be tolerant of someone using a PRO in our tourneys. Certainly doesn't have to be a good one!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

The DLC packs (there are 3 of them) vary with the courses in each version, Regular and CE. I have the CE. I bought the 11 pack DLC courses which included a couple of fantasy courses that I did not want, but couldn't get other courses singularly. I also bought Doral and Wolf Creek to complete my real course lineup. If you have the CE and want all of the licensed courses, then do what I did.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

I am AMD14.

Ive been here for years...I just dont say or do a whole lot. My claim to fame is living a whole 5 miles from PK.

Tony

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

webdanzer wrote:Anyhow, I'm not much interested in the 'grind to increase' elements of golf (or snowboarding), so hopefully you country club guys will be tolerant of someone using a PRO in our tourneys. Certainly doesn't have to be a good one!
The thing about this game when you play country matches, whether you pick your created player or play a real PRO, the moment you address the ball you still need to execute the shot under the circumstances. At country, I met CAG that were better in skills than me but when it came to some pressure at the greens, it did not matter. The expression 'Drive 4 show, putt 4 dough' never meant so much in this particular franchise game. So in short no, I personally wouldn't mind if someone wants to play a PRO at country matches, as I am all about XP's and improving my career. But this mode is damn fun and addicting when you have a foursome together and you know you have to catch up a certain dude or have someone right behind your heels, the pressure to perform well under sweaty palms is great.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:

The DLC packs (there are 3 of them) vary with the courses in each version, Regular and CE. I have the CE. I bought the 11 pack DLC courses which included a couple of fantasy courses that I did not want, but couldn't get other courses singularly. I also bought Doral and Wolf Creek to complete my real course lineup. If you have the CE and want all of the licensed courses, then do what I did.
And you buy them in the marketplace under 'Game Extras?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I saw people use whoever they want in CC tourneys. I'm thinking I'll start using my pro pretty soon, who is getting less terrible. Just have fun and choose a guy who gives you a fun round.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Couple of comments or I guess thoughts for our little club.

First I was not trying to play dictator and throw people out. There are a lot of people who just read this forum and could of joined. I want to make sure everyone in the club is a known DSP member.

Second there is no way to force people to use their CAG golfers. We will have to house rule this for tourneys and go on the honor system. I'm experimenting with different options on the daily tournaments this week. What sucks is I can't set one for today until the one I set last night expires which is stupid. There is even a drop down for start time when setting it up that is empty.

Personally I find putting impossible without the grid but I'll keep trying.

My suggestion is this the daily tourneys can be whatever myself, John and whomever else we want to make an admin set it to.

I say after this week the weekly always runs Thursday - Friday (it's a 4 round event) and it is at the hardest difficulty with putting grid on.

Finally I'd like to try a club night tonight with CAG golfers. Show up at 9pm CDT and go into the clubs lobby and then we do some groups of 4 and play best ball or whatever we want.

Let me know who is interested, I'll start a Live party around 9 and we'll talk in there and meet in the Tiger club lobby.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:

And you buy them in the marketplace under 'Game Extras?
For the life of me I couldn't figure out where to buy the pack. Then I went to start a round at a DLC course and the packs were offered there. Of course i couldn't tell if I was getting my season pass discount so I didn't buy.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

'Nucks have a game tonight, but I'll try to get in at least a round.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

How about if I don't have a headset?

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Naples39 wrote:I saw people use whoever they want in CC tourneys. I'm thinking I'll start using my pro pretty soon, who is getting less terrible. Just have fun and choose a guy who gives you a fun round.
I will ALWAYS use my created golfer in everything I play.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:For the life of me I couldn't figure out where to buy the pack. Then I went to start a round at a DLC course and the packs were offered there. Of course i couldn't tell if I was getting my season pass discount so I didn't buy.
If you buy the courses through the game and you are a Season Pass member, you will get the discounts on them. If you purchase from the Marketplace or from the XBox Live website, you will not get the discounted pricing is my understanding.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I played a round on my rented Gamefly copy and promptly went to target to get the CE version...wow what an improvement over last years game (and I loved last years game). Everything is just more logical and cleaned up with regards to the interface and the control seems a lot less digital. There is a lot more room for error as far as I'm concerned.

There is no way in hell I'll be able to putt without the grids. You just can't get a good lay of the land without it. It's not like it's THAT big of a crutch in the grand scheme of things so I definitely think we should use it, especially if we're on expert difficulty. I played my first round on Tour Pro w/ Hard swing difficulty and finished at +11...mostly because of my short game. Man it's so difficult to get that swing down.

One problem I did have is when I was playing in Dubai...depending on the lie, I couldn't see the swing meter at all because it was up in the bright sky. No way to know how big/small of a swing I needed to take. Very difficult to play that way.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I want to get his stats up, so I'll be using my created golfer no matter how bad he is. (That fact alone makes the game painfully realistic for me! :lol: )
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

fsquid wrote:How about if I don't have a headset?
I wouldn't worry about it. Personally, I prefer silence in this game. 8)

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

ok, didn't know if I needed one to know what game to go into.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

If you didn't know, when putting without the grid, hit down on the left stick for the "lie cam", but it gives a very good look at the left/right break. I have the grid on when I play offline, and I trust my reads from that cam more than I do from the grid.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I will try to be there tonight for some club play online. Has anyone tried the game face with the retail version yet?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701