Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by Aristo »

I have no faith the Kinect mode is going to be worth spending time on. All I want to know is if TW 13 will bring back the TrueAim mode that was present in TW 11 but dorked up in TW 12. It made the last year's game unplayable for me, which sucked since I was looking forward to the Masters.

In TW 11, all aiming in TrueAim was done from a cam behind your golfer. You could zoom in on where you were trying to hit, but all you got was yards and elevation info. there was no target letting you know where the ball would land. To aim, you needed to find a landmark, like a tree behind where you hoped to land, and and try to line up your shot that way. You got no information on how the wind would affect your shot, or even how much extra power you needed to make up for elevation of the hole. the last time I had played as compelling a golf game was PGA 2000.

I thought the Caddy was an abomination. It just ruined the experience. I would love to know if True Aim is back.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm excited to try the Kinnect version. I have a ton of old golf clubs I'll probably just cut half the shaft off a 7 iron and re-grip it to use in the house. I tried the Move last year and frankly it sucked IMO so this can't be any worse and if by some chance it is worse or just as bad as least I will have the game on the 360 to play with a controller. I never got less use out of a TW game then I did last year with the PS3 version, there was no one to play online with that I know.

I'll just never understand the timing of the TW games release. In March I'll be out playing real golf, I want to play these games in Nov. - Feb not during the summer.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:I have no faith the Kinect mode is going to be worth spending time on. All I want to know is if TW 13 will bring back the TrueAim mode that was present in TW 11 but dorked up in TW 12. It made the last year's game unplayable for me, which sucked since I was looking forward to the Masters.

In TW 11, all aiming in TrueAim was done from a cam behind your golfer. You could zoom in on where you were trying to hit, but all you got was yards and elevation info. there was no target letting you know where the ball would land. To aim, you needed to find a landmark, like a tree behind where you hoped to land, and and try to line up your shot that way. You got no information on how the wind would affect your shot, or even how much extra power you needed to make up for elevation of the hole. the last time I had played as compelling a golf game was PGA 2000.

I thought the Caddy was an abomination. It just ruined the experience. I would love to know if True Aim is back.
True Aim is in TW12 on the Wii and its great. You can set it so you just have yardage markers...no circle, etc. Take all conditions into consideration and choose your club. Supposedly the Wii team was assigned to this year's Kinect version. I can't imagine it's not in the game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Legacy mode unveiled today. Sounds ok. You be the judge.

http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods/1/tiger-legacy-challenge

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I want info on the Online Country Clubs. THAT has my interest. I think that gets unveiled next week.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:I want info on the Online Country Clubs. THAT has my interest. I think that gets unveiled next week.
Correction...2 weeks.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I guess I'm an old sourpuss, but this Legacy mode doesn't light my fire at all :? If it helps sell games and gets the overall sales volume back up to where it was with 09 and 10, then have at it. I'm much more interested in the Online Country Club feature myself... I hate that we have to wait two more weeks to get more skinny on it :(

Maybe it's a case of saving the best for last!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

They should include Tigers car accident in the Legacy mode also. "Can you please take your name off your phone?"

Looking forward to the info on the Online Country Club.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:I guess I'm an old sourpuss, but this Legacy mode doesn't light my fire at all
You're not alone. Imagine the green light session on this one.

Head Dev: "Hey guys we need to come up with something or we might have to put something useful back in the game like a course architect."

Dev 1: "How about zombie mode, where the players has to fend off Zombies with golf shots"

Head Dev: "Lets save that for next years zombies are so overdone"

Dev 2: "What some kind of ultimate team like our other titles we can call it GUT and you basically pay to get cards that improve your skills and clubs"

Dev 3: "I got it lets make a cartoon baby tiger. Players can practice as a little tiger and then play is local events and make his way all the way through his life."

Market Head (who pops up from hiding inside the plastic ball pit) "Ohh we can market the s*** out of that, we are using that one. Lets call it a day and go ride the Dumbo ride"
Follow Me on:

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Danimal wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:I guess I'm an old sourpuss, but this Legacy mode doesn't light my fire at all

Head Dev: "Hey guys we need to come up with something or we might have to put something useful back in the game like a course architect."

Dev 1: "How about zombie mode, where the players has to fend off Zombies with golf shots"

Head Dev: "Lets save that for next years zombies are so overdone"

Dev 2: "What some kind of ultimate team like our other titles we can call it GUT and you basically pay to get cards that improve your skills and clubs"

Dev 3: "I got it lets make a cartoon baby tiger. Players can practice as a little tiger and then play is local events and make his way all the way through his life."

Market Head (who pops up from hiding inside the plastic ball pit) "Ohh we can market the s*** out of that, we are using that one. Lets call it a day and go ride the Dumbo ride"
:lol:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:

TW for consoles has never had a course architect. Only one console Golf game did and that was ProStroke 2007. How did that work out for them? One of the worst commercial flops in Golf game history. Their followup game John Daly ProStroke Golf was released mainly for the PS3 with no CA and primarily for the PS3 Move and yet another flop. There are many issues with bringing a CA to a console Golf game, most are around hard drives (not all consoles have one except the PS3), the CA tools are expensive to do a course like what the Dev Teams use and oh yes, the biggest issues....have you ever tried to create a course with a controller? The only successful CA's have been PC only and guess where those games are today? In the bargain bins (if you can find them) and none are being developed today....

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

First of all it was a joke.

Second, that's just a bunch of excuses on the CA. The main reason there is not a CA is that it would take away from DLC sales. I'm sorry your excuses don't wash. The CA could be available on the web and then you could download the courses. They would be no different then downloading DLC, except for being free of course.

Finally please go ahead and explain to all of us that are laughing at this feature why it is good instead of going into defense mode.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Is it true that this will be the video and audio for the opening splash screen for the Tiger Woods 13 Legacy mode?

"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

So last year we got a caddy, so we didn't have to think when we played golf. This year we get Dorf on Golf because the the f***in caddy sucked all of our IQ points out of our f***in heads.

EA can eat my f***.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:First of all it was a joke.

Second, that's just a bunch of excuses on the CA. The main reason there is not a CA is that it would take away from DLC sales. I'm sorry your excuses don't wash. The CA could be available on the web and then you could download the courses. They would be no different then downloading DLC, except for being free of course.

Finally please go ahead and explain to all of us that are laughing at this feature why it is good instead of going into defense mode.
No need for the attitude.....I could not tell you were "joking". Please show me where I have defended anything regarding this feature? :roll:

And my statements about why there is no CA are FACTUAL instead of pure speculation which you have provided. There are even more reason why there is no CA, but with your attitude, I'll keep them to myself.....

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DivotMaker wrote: There are even more reason why there is no CA, but with your attitude, I'll keep them to myself.....
LOL ok then.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Don't know if this is old...new...whatever...pretty lengthy, detailed video of the game and Kinect integration.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

At about the 18:10 mark he goes to Tournament/Expert level. Menu interface looks a bit touchy but the game does look fun.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yeah, the menus are a little finicky, but I bet after this demo, he went to the guys and said 'man, tighten that up', so I'm not too worried about that. Love the Kinect integration; doesn't look like they're at 1:1 yet, but they've still got a month to get that narrowed down more. I'm lookin' forward to it.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:Don't know if this is old...new...whatever...pretty lengthy, detailed video of the game and Kinect integration.
I saw that video about 3-4 weeks ago so it is kinda old...

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Every year it's the same thing in the up-coming Tiger release thread. You can set your clock to it. :)
GT = Wilk5280

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Wilk5280 wrote:Every year it's the same thing in the up-coming Tiger release thread. You can set your clock to it. :)
Exactly. You'd think they'd let it go by now...

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Wilk5280 wrote:Every year it's the same thing in the up-coming Tiger release thread. You can set your clock to it. :)
The same thing? Such as?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Its lame. How is it going to pick up your swing plane or in and out or contact with the ball if its straight on.

If Kinect is that good doctors are going to be doing surgery with it, at least it should be able to pick up my swing from a proper golfing angle.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

---