Quick Network/Gaming Question...Port Forwarding

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Quick Network/Gaming Question...Port Forwarding

Post by Diablo25 »

My question deals with NAT Type and Port Forwarding. I was told you want an OPEN Nat Type for the best online gaming. I did some research on how to Port Forward because I was getting a MODERATE NAT type in MW3 on my PS3. I got the PS3 to be an OPEN NAT Type so giddy up. I wanted to do the same thing for my 360 because it is also set up as a MODERATE NAT Type. Here is my question...Should I use the same ports for the 360 as the PS3? Everywhere I looked online said to forward to ports 80 and 3074...that is what I set my PS3 to. Are there other port settings I should use for the 360 or can I use those same ones? Will there be a conflict?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question but I'm just you basic router/network guy :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Quick Network/Gaming Question...Port Forwarding

Post by FifaInspected »

not sure about them needing to be the same.. However, when I was having issues XBOX live support directed me to the link below. Select your router, then select "skip this advertisement then on the next screen scroll down and select xbox live 360 on the following screen. That will show you what ports need to be forwarded. It worked like a charm for me.

http://portforward.com/
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

FifaInspected wrote:not sure about them needing to be the same.. However, when I was having issues XBOX live support directed me to the link below. Select your router, then select "skip this advertisement then on the next screen scroll down and select xbox live 360 on the following screen. That will show you what ports need to be forwarded. It worked like a charm for me.

http://portforward.com/
Thanks dude...going to check it out.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

By the way, here is the video i watched on how to do this. Like I said, I did it with my PS3.

I know this will work with the 360...I just want to know if I use the same ports I used for the PS3 - will there be a conflict? My guess (as a novice) would be as long as both consoles aren't on this wouldn't be a problem. However, I keep picturing my router exploding if I use the same ports :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

To answer your question - no issues whatsoever sharing the same ports to NAT your 360 and PS3.
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles