Grand Theft Auto V

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Pete1210 »

Just about all of Liberty City (the whole GTA IV map) would fit inside the city (Los Santos) at the bottom of GTA V.

V more days!!!
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

mike95 wrote:V more days!!!
Go back a page and scroll to the bottom. The animated version.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I'll try to keep up my news of the day until next Tuesday;

Apparently GTA Online will have hundreds of missions;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... 0-missions

Why am I buying 2, non-backwards compatible, next-gen consoles again? I really hope they announce a PC/Next-Gen port soon as I will most definitely double dip (I have 3 copies of GTA IV - 360, PC, PS3).

Macca
(videogame hoarder, GTA slut)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Man I wish the online was available at launch. Oh well. Looking forward to Tuesday :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

If my local Best Buy has a midnight launch, I may attend one of those lunatic festivals for the first time next Tuesday morning to get my pre-ordered copy of GTA V.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:If my local Best Buy has a midnight launch, I may attend one of those lunatic festivals for the first time next Tuesday morning to get my pre-ordered copy of GTA V.
I can't remember the last time I've seen you this excited about a game. Can it possibly live up to your expectations?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

That's...overwhelming...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:If my local Best Buy has a midnight launch, I may attend one of those lunatic festivals for the first time next Tuesday morning to get my pre-ordered copy of GTA V.
I can't remember the last time I've seen you this excited about a game. Can it possibly live up to your expectations?
Fingers crossed. Everything I've seen and read so far only is raising the bar.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

You guys mostly excited about the online or offline mode?
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

bdunn13 wrote:You guys mostly excited about the online or offline mode?
Online a little more. But I'm glad that online won't be available right away this time, otherwise it could be a while before I even got to the story. My only complaint on singleplayer is that some missions in the Rockstar games feel repetitive, can be a drag or a little tough. It helped when they added mid-mission checkpoints in the GTA IV DLC. I'm driven forward by the story and the characters, which in the past two games (GTA IV and RDR) were some of the best and most memorable (Brucie!) in my recent gaming history. I can't wait see what we get and who we get to meet in GTA V. I've also enjoyed the humor, like the silly TV shows in GTA IV. They even had a comedy club to visit. There was much extra content, but from what I'm reading GTA V will have exponentially more content than the prior games, offline and online.

I had a lot of fun running (or riding) around in GTA IV and RDR online with friends. This is the game that just about everyone on my friends list will be playing. So I'm hoping it brings back some of those good times were we had 12-16 friends in a game.

I expect most DSPers are going xbox 360?

Someone should start up a DSP Crew!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crews

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Thanks...

I was just worried about the depth of the offline mode... as online games don't excite me much anymore.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

This game looks so amazing, yet I am struggling with my disappointment with every GTA and Rockstar game I have ever played. The repetitiveness of the missions (which always seem to fall into fetch/kill/race quests) start to drag after a while, but the big downer for me in GTA is that I have never enjoyed playing a criminal. There's always the visceral thrill at first of going on a mayhem spree, but long term, it's had for me to stay interested when the only goal is to be the biggest, most ruthless asshole in the game world.

It's a testament to how incredible this game looks that I'm close to preordering anyway.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Brando70 wrote:This game looks so amazing, yet I am struggling with my disappointment with every GTA and Rockstar game I have ever played. The repetitiveness of the missions (which always seem to fall into fetch/kill/race quests) start to drag after a while, but the big downer for me in GTA is that I have never enjoyed playing a criminal. There's always the visceral thrill at first of going on a mayhem spree, but long term, it's had for me to stay interested when the only goal is to be the biggest, most ruthless asshole in the game world.
Agree completely with this entire post.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I always hate the cutscenes, the overwrought Houser brothers bullshit, the manic secondary characters, and bristle against the lack of customization that Saints Row made it a point to overcome... and yet I've finished every one of these f*ckers since GTA3, including the expansions and the PSP entries. Something about them. I'll be there, and semi-psyched for online as well.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

My biggest issue with this series is actually it's main attraction for most - the sheer amount of stuff to do. After the first week of trying to dive into the story mode, I ultimately end up with decision paralysis every time I boot up the game. Then what ends up happening is when I sit down to turn on the console and think about popping in the game I feel almost exhausted at the idea of playing.

Do I jump back into the story mode? Should I get some new items for my character that might help? Are there enough people online to try out that mode again? Should I try to find that tennis court that I read about and play a game of tennis? Should I drive around and explore? If I am driving to a mission and just want to get started and do something the cops don't like - how long do I have to spend trying to ditch them? Oooooh - is that a secret ramp I can jump? Oh, wait - you mean to tell me I can race this other car as a side mission on my way to the main mission? Is that a jet ski I can use?

Next thing you know an hour and a half has gone by, I am getting tired and ready to head to bed and I spent the majority of my gaming time doing basically nothing.

I'll buy this one, Like I do every version. But I will be surprised if the game can hold me longer than 2 weeks.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Spooky wrote:Do I jump back into the story mode? Should I get some new items for my character that might help? Are there enough people online to try out that mode again? Should I try to find that tennis court that I read about and play a game of tennis? Should I drive around and explore? If I am driving to a mission and just want to get started and do something the cops don't like - how long do I have to spend trying to ditch them? Oooooh - is that a secret ramp I can jump? Oh, wait - you mean to tell me I can race this other car as a side mission on my way to the main mission? Is that a jet ski I can use?
Goodness...how do you even leave the house in the morning? All those decisions you have to make each day. ;)

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Brando70 wrote:This game looks so amazing, yet I am struggling with my disappointment with every GTA and Rockstar game I have ever played. The repetitiveness of the missions (which always seem to fall into fetch/kill/race quests) start to drag after a while, but the big downer for me in GTA is that I have never enjoyed playing a criminal. There's always the visceral thrill at first of going on a mayhem spree, but long term, it's had for me to stay interested when the only goal is to be the biggest, most ruthless asshole in the game world.

It's a testament to how incredible this game looks that I'm close to preordering anyway.
Believe it or not, I've never played any of the GTA games. I did purchase and play on occasion RDR because I love westerns and the open world gameplay.

I was wondering and hoping that there is an option in the game (or possibly added on later) to play as the "good guys" (like you can in RDR) and even take on the role of law enforcement officer?

Frankly, I'm buying this game mostly for the open world and activities (golf, tennis, cycling, hiking, swimming, base jumping, etc.) and not the story line and criminal activity.

-MERACE

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Spooky wrote:Do I jump back into the story mode? Should I get some new items for my character that might help? Are there enough people online to try out that mode again? Should I try to find that tennis court that I read about and play a game of tennis? Should I drive around and explore? If I am driving to a mission and just want to get started and do something the cops don't like - how long do I have to spend trying to ditch them? Oooooh - is that a secret ramp I can jump? Oh, wait - you mean to tell me I can race this other car as a side mission on my way to the main mission? Is that a jet ski I can use?
Goodness...how do you even leave the house in the morning? All those decisions you have to make each day. ;)
Ha. Actually, I don't leave the house. (I WFH)

Maybe that's the thing. I spend all day making decisions and a game should be an escape for me. For some reason these HUGE open sand-box games feel exhausting to me. It's like GTA - Second Life.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

"Rockstar has just launched Life Invader, a viral website that directly mocks social media websites like Facebook and Google+. The results are often hilarious and zany, reflecting Rockstar’s signature wit quite well... Rather than “liking” products, Life Invader allows users to “stalk” various profiles and products on the website...

Los Santos Customs and Legendary Motorsport have alluring picture galleries that showcase exotic sportscars like the new Cheetah or Enus Cognoscenti Cabrio to name a few. Oh and don’t forget to stalk Warstock Cache & Carry to build up your arsenal; they have a huge selection of destruction-inducing tanks, attack helicopters and army jeeps...

The pages on Life Invader also promise free promotional items for just stalking them, and it will be interesting to see if players actually get some sort of in-game content from this or if its just for fun."

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/rockstar-la ... z2ehd7Xi5E

http://www.lifeinvader.com/

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Best GTA map size comparisons;
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The tennis mini game is supposed to play like the Topspin franchise and golfing is supposed to be cool too. I can see myself just playing those mini sets alone for hours.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

10spro wrote:The tennis mini game is supposed to play like the Topspin franchise and golfing is supposed to be cool too. I can see myself just playing those mini sets alone for hours.
DSP Crew tennis and golfing tournies?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

TheTruth wrote: DSP Crew tennis and golfing tournies?
I can see it now, who ever is behind going into the 18th hole pulls out a machine gun and takes out the rest of the competition. :twisted:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

vader29 wrote:
TheTruth wrote: DSP Crew tennis and golfing tournies?
I can see it now, who ever is behind going into the 18th hole pulls out a machine gun and takes out the rest of the competition. :twisted:
Would bring a new meaning to the term "drop shot".
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701