NFL Season 2011-2012

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: NFL Season 2011-2012

Post by icvu42 »

Rodster wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:Manning to Broncos. Tebow to be traded. Very interesting.
Wow I thought he would have went with the 9'ers. Well you know that now means Smith just said FU to the Dolphins. At least there's one positive. :)
Yeah but you know Stephen Ross' eyes just got very wide with the possibility of bringing Tebow to Miami.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....anywhere but Denver! Son of a b*tch...can almost guarantee that cocksucker Steven Ross is gonna try to get Tebow.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

icvu42 wrote:
Rodster wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:Manning to Broncos. Tebow to be traded. Very interesting.
Wow I thought he would have went with the 9'ers. Well you know that now means Smith just said FU to the Dolphins. At least there's one positive. :)
Yeah but you know Stephen Ross' eyes just got very wide with the possibility of bringing Tebow to Miami.
Tebow IS NOT the answer but I do like the kid. :)

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....anywhere but Denver! Son of a b*tch...can almost guarantee that cocksucker Steven Ross is gonna try to get Tebow.
Knowing their front office, they will probably trade their first round pick for him!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Other than MIA, Jacksonville needs to sell tickets, yet they already said that they weren't interested in TT. Something has to give now, no way DEN is going to keep Tebow around, they'll be serious contenders now. Elway must be in heaven.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

icvu42 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....anywhere but Denver! Son of a b*tch...can almost guarantee that cocksucker Steven Ross is gonna try to get Tebow.
Knowing their front office, they will probably trade their first round pick for him!
Shhh. not so loud they could be convinced on his value and give up two #1's. :roll:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Manning's a loser in my book.

If he picked the Niners, he'd be in the SB next year. I guess the tag that he's not a winner still applies. Yes I know he won a SB. He's like the David Robinson (Spurs soft center who won a ring ) of the NFL.

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

John Elway must be one hell of a salesman. I just don't see how playing in Denver is the best choice for Manning, but it sure will be a fascinating situation to watch play out. It would be cool if the Broncos had a receiver or two.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I find it ironic that the two teams Manning wanted to go to happen to be the two worst divisions in football. Coincidence?

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

It sounds like Denver offered him the most money. But their division is up for grabs and Broncos could spend more to shore up the roster.

One reason they won last year was a ground game that wore out defenses. But is the running game going to be the same without the option?

Oh well, the 49ers are still going to have to find a franchise QB and I still don't want Smith back. If they really believed in Smith, they would not have pursued Manning.

They may have to take a step back for a couple of years but that's preferable than staying with Smith, who's not going to take them over the top.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Tebow trade watch! Coming your way to ruin sportscenter!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Wooo hooo!

Awesome news!

Denver won a playoff game last year with Tebow, adding Manning cant hurt can it?

Great Choice! Peyton!

Way to go Elway!

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Lancer wrote:Manning's a loser in my book.

If he picked the Niners, he'd be in the SB next year. I guess the tag that he's not a winner still applies. Yes I know he won a SB. He's like the David Robinson (Spurs soft center who won a ring ) of the NFL.
I wouldn't play for Harbaugh for love nor money. Even by the twisted measuring stick of football coaches he's out of his natural mind.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Players seem to love Harbaugh. One wrinkle is that Peyton replaced Harbaugh on the Colts.

Anyways, Tebow-nation will howl if the Broncos do not at least win a playoff game this year. And a lot of people outside Denver will question his legacy if they don't win the SB. Already, they were talking trash about how Eli is the elite Manning now.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

wco81 wrote: Anyways, Tebow-nation will howl if the Broncos do not at least win a playoff game this year. .
Seems that Elway has made it clear that he doesnt give a f*** what "Tebow nation" thinks..and especially NOT what whiner nation thinks.
I think he cares about Bronco nation.

Seems to me that a man who has been to five SBs knows what it takes to get to one.

He sees that he has added a HoF qb to team that was good enough to win a playoff game with a Tebow at qb.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Oh well, the 49ers are still going to have to find a franchise QB and I still don't want Smith back. If they really believed in Smith, they would not have pursued Manning.

They may have to take a step back for a couple of years but that's preferable than staying with Smith, who's not going to take them over the top.

Wouldn't matter if they thought that or not, if you have the chance to roll the die with Peyton, you do it. I fully expect them to resign Smith now. Alex wants to win, he won't do that in Miami. You also can't "take a step back" when you are going to have the best defense in the NFL the next 2-3 years.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

F*** you Steven Ross.

Don't even think of bringing Tebow to Miami.

No way he would fit in with the west coast system they want to install.

I get the impression the whole league thanks the Dolphins front office is a joke. He wants to sell tickets and Tebow will do just that....until they start or in Miami's case continue losing games.

Why do I think that by Sept 30 Miami will once again be out of the playoff hunt?

Tony

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lks-today/

See Rod...this is the sh*t that happens when you don't bring in guys that COULD be stars. You get also-rans that you KNOW cannot be a very good QB.

smh

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

the more I read this the more pissed I am he did not decide on the niners. Alex Smith is not the answer to get to the SB, but if he's gone, then they're pretty much screwed for the upcoming year.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lks-today/

See Rod...this is the sh*t that happens when you don't bring in guys that COULD be stars. You get also-rans that you KNOW cannot be a very good QB.

smh
I don't want Smith...But I'd much rather have him than Tebow.

Curious as to what they do with their first pick. i'd prefer they stick with Moore and draft the kid from texas A&M, but there's no guarantee he will be around at the 8th spot.

Rick

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

smh
If it's Armando Salguero behind the rumor then it's 50-50. I just read his column http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... ious-.html and it's all about the sources. I have a better track record than Armando, if that's even possible. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

icvu42 wrote:

smh

Curious as to what they do with their first pick. i'd prefer they stick with Moore and draft the kid from texas A&M, but there's no guarantee he will be around at the 8th spot.

Rick
I hate to say this and DB doesn't want to hear it but here it goes. The Miami Dolphins are the NFL's version of the NY Knicks. :)

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Who is SF backup QB anyways? Just think, if it weren't for a couple of muffed punts, they likely would have been in the Super Bowl. If Smith does sign with Miami, then what would SF do?

Rick

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Rodster wrote:
icvu42 wrote:

smh

Rick
I hate to say this and DB doesn't want to hear it but here it goes. The Miami Dolphins are the NFL's version of the NY Knicks. :)
As a Knicks and Dolphins fan, I was telling someone earlier I didn't know which organization is worse!!!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

icvu42 wrote:Who is SF backup QB anyways? Just think, if it weren't for a couple of muffed punts, they likely would have been in the Super Bowl. If Smith does sign with Miami, then what would SF do?

Rick
Josh Johnson and Colin Kaepernick (sp?). And Smith negotiating has been reported in multiple places. Which scares me. He is no better than Moore, however both are LIGHT YEARS better than Tebow, so I guess if they waste their money on Smith it'll at least prevent me from having to change favorite teams. :)