NFL Season 2011-2012

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2011-2012

Post by Rodster »

icvu42 wrote:ps...why fire Sparano today? what difference at this point if he coaches out the season?
Simple answer because several coaches are on the verge of being fired or have been including Jack Del Rio. I'm sure Ross the owner wants a jump on a proven coach before another team beats him to it. I don't think Jeff "the traitor" Ireland will be the GM next year.

Now who's worthy of building the Dolphins? Chucky?! Please, he single handledly ruined the Tampa Bay Bucs after Tony Dungy built the team.

Bill Cowher? Maybe but I don't think he'll have success in Miami.

Jeff Fisher? He was the most consistent and had a falling out with the owner over Vince Young. I'd definitely take Fisher but to bad about Sparano as I liked him as a coach, just got his feet taken out from under him by Ross and Ireland last year once Parcells bailed on the team and owner.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:Wonder how much attention Eli will get for his come back tonight. Something tells me not as much as he should.
What? No love for TJ Yates and the Texans for their gutsy comeback clinching their first ever Division title and playoff spot? Tebow and others are doing some amazing things, but I can't help but think the Texans have something pretty special going on with all the major injuries they have dealt with and are still dealing with this season. Yates' final drive was very Tebow/Elway-esque with so much riding on the outcome. Plus the Texans were the first team to clinch a division title and playoff spot (yeah only because they played before GB), but when you consider that Texan fans were screaming for Kubiak's scalp this time last year going 6-10 and having the worst pass defense in NFL history to the #2 defense in the NFL this year and now in the playoffs (thanks Wade Phillips!!!) for the first time and still with the top record in the AFC if the playoffs started today, I am blown away by this years team.....

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Looking at the horrible team in Indianapolis, is it a stretch to think Peyton may have been the second-best Manning brother at QB in the NFL this season, even if he was healthy and playing?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Honestly Divot I didn't see it. I had to suffer the Tebow thing because I am a Bears fan. I watched the Giants because I hate the Cowboys. I have no idea what Yates did.

I thought Manning was outstanding, season on the line down by 12 with 5 minutes left. He played out of his mind.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:Looking at the horrible team in Indianapolis, is it a stretch to think Peyton may have been the second-best Manning brother at QB in the NFL this season, even if he was healthy and playing?
Good question, but I think Indy's season went down the tubes the minute the team realized PM was not going to play. I don't believe they would have been anywhere near as bad with PM as they are today. I truly believe the minute the team knew he was out, their mental baloon was burst for the season. Put PM on that team this year and they win minimum 8 games IMO....

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:Honestly Divot I didn't see it. I had to suffer the Tebow thing because I am a Bears fan. I watched the Giants because I hate the Cowboys. I have no idea what Yates did.

I thought Manning was outstanding, season on the line down by 12 with 5 minutes left. He played out of his mind.
Not taking anything away from Eli, but Yates was down by 9 points with less than 6 min to go and drove the team on two 13 play 83 and 80 yard drives to win the game with a 6 yd TD pass with :02 left. Fifth round rookie QB threw for 300 yards (26-44, 5 inc's due to spiking the ball) and rushed for 40 with a clutch 17 yard scramble with 22 seconds left for a key 3rd down conversion. Hell, I did not get to actually watch the game as I had to follow it on ESPN Gamecast as I am in West Africa, but lt was thrilling just the same. The Texans motto this year is "next man up" with all the injuries they have had this year and for the first time ever, I am seeing a true team who never gives up on any game. They have a 7 game winning streak and could finish the regular season with a 10 game winning streak with Carolina and Tenn at home and Indy on the road. All depends on if they decide to rest starters. I hope not because if they win out, they currently have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

GEEZUS....Texans lost another starter yesterday....Mike Brisiel start OG to a fractured fibula. Out a minimum of 3 weeks, same injury Daniel Manning suffered earlier in the season and he returned in 3 weeks.....will this major injury crap ever stop?

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Danimal wrote:Honestly Divot I didn't see it. I had to suffer the Tebow thing because I am a Bears fan. I watched the Giants because I hate the Cowboys. I have no idea what Yates did.

Not taking anything away from Eli, but Yates was down by 9 points with less than 6 min to go and drove the team on two 13 play 83 and 80 yard drives to win the game with a 6 yd TD pass with :02 left. Fifth round rookie QB threw for 300 yards (26-44, 5 inc's due to spiking the ball) and rushed for 40 with a clutch 17 yard scramble with 22 seconds left for a key 3rd down conversion. Hell, I did not get to actually watch the game as I had to follow it on ESPN Gamecast as I am in West Africa, but lt was thrilling just the same. The Texans motto this year is "next man up" with all the injuries they have had this year and for the first time ever, I am seeing a true team who never gives up on any game. They have a 7 game winning streak and could finish the regular season with a 10 game winning streak with Carolina and Tenn at home and Indy on the road. All depends on if they decide to rest starters. I hope not because if they win out, they currently have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

If they're fighting for home field advantage they're not going to rest anyone. You know this
GT = Wilk5280

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
:D

Im so excited .... I wont be able to sleep tonight! :P
Oh me either.. I bet they are expecting some high ratings for this one! :P
We are all off to a flying start.

First the scumbag refs ignore a BLATANT right in the middle of the play block in the back on the Seahawks trick kick return then they block the first of many Rams punts and return it for a TD.

Its going to be a long night for the lammies.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

D. Baldwin. What an invaluable asset he's been this season for the Hawks next to M. Lynch.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:

First the scumbag refs ignore a BLATANT right in the middle of the play block in the back on the Seahawks trick kick return then they block the first of many Rams punts and return it for a TD.

LONG night it was.. goodness. I'm deflated and ready for bed after that agonizing game.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

LONG night it was.. goodness. I'm deflated and ready for bed after that agonizing game.

Amazing how a two win team can still ruin your night with a s*** performance like that.

I dont want to turn on Sam so quickly in only his second season as he did suck it up and try to play but he looked like a freaking girl out there....tiptoeing around and throwing fluttering crappy balls...He looked like a shell of Bradford 2010.

IF YOU CANT f***in PLAY LIKE A MAN DONT f***in PLAY!!!!

Say what you will about Tebow and I dont think he has a chance in hell at succeeding long term with that crappy ass arm but the dude plays balls out every play.

As for Spags. I know you are trying to save your job but cmon...Really?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:

Amazing how a two win team can still ruin your night with a s*** performance like that.

I dont want to turn on Sam so quickly in only his second season as he did suck it up and try to play but he looked like a freaking girl out there....tiptoeing around and throwing fluttering crappy balls...He looked like a shell of Bradford 2010.

IF YOU CANT f***in PLAY LIKE A MAN DONT f***in PLAY!!!!

Say what you will about Tebow and I dont think he has a chance in hell at succeeding long term with that crappy ass arm but the dude plays balls out every play.

As for Spags. I know you are trying to save your job but cmon...Really?
I'm trying to find good things out of this team, really...

Playcalling is horrible, personal decisions have been questionable to say the least.. I'm not sure where this team goes from here?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

XXXIV wrote:Damn straight...I am starting to believe that this might be our year and that this ball Sammy is launching is on its way to Canton!
Crazy how a few months changes everything :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Damn straight...I am starting to believe that this might be our year and that this ball Sammy is launching is on its way to Canton!
Crazy how a few months changes everything :)

I meant Canton, Georgia. :P

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Sam Hurd of the Bears busted on federal drug charges. Idiot wanted to set up his own business with the purchase of several kilos of cocaine and half a ton of weed. Guess when you aren't getting enough playing time you have to fill your days with something...

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

F308GTB wrote:Sam Hurd of the Bears busted on federal drug charges. Idiot wanted to set up his own business with the purchase of several kilos of cocaine and half a ton of weed. Guess when you aren't getting enough playing time you have to fill your days with something...
My favorite part of the story so far is that he made the deal that got him busted despite the fact that he knew the Feds were watching him. He agreed to a voluntary interview a few months ago when one of his partners got pinched. Real rocket scientist.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

RobVarak wrote:
F308GTB wrote:Sam Hurd of the Bears busted on federal drug charges. Idiot wanted to set up his own business with the purchase of several kilos of cocaine and half a ton of weed. Guess when you aren't getting enough playing time you have to fill your days with something...
My favorite part of the story so far is that he made the deal that got him busted despite the fact that he knew the Feds were watching him. He agreed to a voluntary interview a few months ago when one of his partners got pinched. Real rocket scientist.
If only it had been Roy Williams, back in training camp.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

F308GTB wrote:Sam Hurd of the Bears busted on federal drug charges. Idiot wanted to set up his own business with the purchase of several kilos of cocaine and half a ton of weed.
He would have benefited greatly by watching the entire The Wire box set...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

He did used to be a Dallas Cowboy wide receiver. This isn't really surprising. :wink:
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

He's a Northern Illinois alum, so he was probably learning his trade well before he got to Dallas.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Tebow skit from Saturday Night Live: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... ow/1374394 :)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Tebow!!!!!!!!

sorry...wanted to be the first one to day it today :)

Anyone think the Broncos have a chance against Brady & Co?
All I know is if Denver is within 7 points with 5 mins left, they better
be very afraid!

GO JETS!!!
GO BRONCOS/TEBOW!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Hoodie thinks Tebow has a chance, doesn't see what all the whining is about. But I really want to see Denver win again cause it only pisses John Elway off every time Denver puts another W in the win column and Tebow gets the credit.

:lol:

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Navy, Army, Air Force, the Denver Broncos. They could all share a playbook. Screw Andrew Luck or RGIII, Kriss Proctor and Tim Jefferson should clearly be the top QB's taken next year. It's brutally boring...but it works.