NBA 2K12 Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA 2K12 Thread

Post by sportdan30 »

I think I'm finally growing tired of the NBA 2K series. This version more than any other is driving me nuts in regards to finding the right skill level and balance. I rented 2K11 yesterday, and
on default, I think it plays a more enjoyable game. For whatever reason, the control, momentum of the players, responsiveness, etc. feels a bit more detached than last year's game.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I enjoy it alot, but I don't give much of a damn about abject realism in a game, period. I don't care of the Mavs should crush me if I'm the Clippers or whatever...for me, I hate getting my ass kicked by a computer that holds all of the cards. So my sliders are likely much different than most. When I play as the '92 Bulls, I want to FEEL like Jordan. Reality sucks much of the time...I certainly don't want it when I'm trying to escape from it...lol. Different strokes and all that, sure, but I'm having a ball myself.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The following roster set and sliders absolutely saved this game for me. I very rarely ever give props to anyone's roster or sliders, but the following roster set changes the game play in
very positive way! Try it if you have been frustrated with this game like me.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... 360-a.html

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

you just download the rosters or the sliders too?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Both. They are meant to go together.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:The following roster set and sliders absolutely saved this game for me. I very rarely ever give props to anyone's roster or sliders, but the following roster set changes the game play in

Thanks for the heads up. I DL both last night and REALLY like what I saw. I'm finally getting a solid grasp of the controls. Had a really enjoyable game with these rosters/settings last night.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:The following roster set and sliders absolutely saved this game for me. I very rarely ever give props to anyone's roster or sliders, but the following roster set changes the game play in

I'm getting ready to start a my player or whatever it's called.. are you still using these settings/roster?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:

I'm getting ready to start a my player or whatever it's called.. are you still using these settings/roster?
Yes. Honestly, if it weren't for this roster especially, I wouldn't still be playing this game. The sliders are to be used to with this roster set, but I'm sure you can tweak it to your liking.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:

Yes. Honestly, if it weren't for this roster especially, I wouldn't still be playing this game. The sliders are to be used to with this roster set, but I'm sure you can tweak it to your liking.
Thanks.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I really wish the NHL series had this much immersion.. wow.. I've never really played much NBA 2k in the past but I'm just at the point of finishing my debut with Washington (was drafted #18 - I don't have any idea what I'm doing, really) and presentation is top notch.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:I really wish the NHL series had this much immersion.. wow.. I've never really played much NBA 2k in the past but I'm just at the point of finishing my debut with Washington (was drafted #18 - I don't have any idea what I'm doing, really) and presentation is top notch.
NBA 2K11 was fantastic. I'm with you, as I wish there was a hockey game so immersive.

I keep debating on picking up NBA 2K12, or waiting for a price drop. Turns out MLB 2K12 will ship with NBA 2K12 for just $10 more. $70 for both games is not bad. I know MLB 2K is no Show, but I loved last year's game. With no PS3, this deal is a no brainer.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:
NBA 2K11 was fantastic. I'm with you, as I wish there was a hockey game so immersive.

I keep debating on picking up NBA 2K12, or waiting for a price drop. Turns out MLB 2K12 will ship with NBA 2K12 for just $10 more. $70 for both games is not bad. I know MLB 2K is no Show, but I loved last year's game. With no PS3, this deal is a no brainer.
I bought NBA 2k11, but didn't play it all that much, so I can't compare it. It's just really cool how they advertise other franchise games in between quarters and what not. EA's NHL series really needs to add some presentation this year - but I doubt they will. That's the one thing 2k always does so well.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Wow, I'm late to this party.

I picked up NBA 2k12 when after the price drop. I don't have time to get into the association or other modes and all I cared about were the classic teams and players. Man does this game deliver if you're short on time and just want to pick up and play without feeling guilty about not going through a season or playing pointless exhibition games like other sports games.

Wish every game had legends implemented this well.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Yeah, the NBA Today games are great for pick up and play. I had a great time the other day playing the Rookies vs. Sophomores, as well as the NBA All-Star game. Felt like the real all-star game with no defense! :D

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

If anyone cares, the Legends Showcase DLC is only $5 now, at least on PSN. I'll probably play this more than the main game.
-Matt

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

How is Legends showcase like? is it just a glam version of the streetball mode?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:How is Legends showcase like? is it just a glam version of the streetball mode?
Yes. Played it like twice and was bored.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I finally played online with someone who knew what they were doing.. What an amazing game! Thanks Diablo, for taking the time to show me a few things.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

First I suck. But On Pro the AI is too easy. On all-star I'm shooting 35% and the CPU is shooting 75%. I've not done anything to sliders. And the SimWorld Sliders seem to make the CPU shoot even better. And my guys don't rebound.

I like this game but it's frustrating. It's sweet when you hit that 15ft jumper or drive the lane perfectly and get a foul.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

FifaInspected wrote:I finally played online with someone who knew what they were doing.. What an amazing game! Thanks Diablo, for taking the time to show me a few things.
No problem dude but I am far from a vet at the game :) It is a hell of a game to play/watch when you have a grasp on the control scheme.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Diablo25 wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:I finally played online with someone who knew what they were doing.. What an amazing game! Thanks Diablo, for taking the time to show me a few things.
No problem dude but I am far from a vet at the game :) It is a hell of a game to play/watch when you have a grasp on the control scheme.
Care to share some tips? :D

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Any of you guys still playing this? I never took the time to really figure this game out.. It's controls / animation sequences. I started tinkering with it again about a week ago and am loving it despite being a complete rookie at it. I played a "Team up" match last night with randoms and had a blast.

Anyone up for some casual hoops? Diablo, Rob, Teal??
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected