MLB Bobblehead Pros

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB Bobblehead Pros

Post by pigpen81 »

I saw this up on the Live Marketplace today.

Has anyone given it a go?

Since it is a sports games, I though it deserved its own thread.

It looks like it has live play and it is only 800 MS points.
Last edited by pigpen81 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Bobble Head Pros

Post by Rodster »

Haven't played it but if you want one of the best Baseball games that also used bobble head characters you should try MLB Power Pros.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros

Post by Teal »

It's pretty good.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

From the video I saw, looks kind of goofy with the heads bobbing all around. :)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

It's part of the charm. They have no legs, either. Just feet. But the batting system isn't as simplified as you'd expect from an arcade title, and it's really pretty good stuff.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Teal wrote:It's part of the charm. They have no legs, either. Just feet. But the batting system isn't as simplified as you'd expect from an arcade title, and it's really pretty good stuff.
I liked MLB Power Pros probably better than any console baseball game out at the time.

I just can't do console baseball anymore, I was psyched for my ps3 and MLB The Show, but it just doesn't do much for me. I'm done with it... I'd rather play football or hockey as far as consoles go.

Now OOTP12.. I can play that day in and day out.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

MizzouRah wrote:
Teal wrote:It's part of the charm. They have no legs, either. Just feet. But the batting system isn't as simplified as you'd expect from an arcade title, and it's really pretty good stuff.
I liked MLB Power Pros probably better than any console baseball game out at the time.

I just can't do console baseball anymore, I was psyched for my ps3 and MLB The Show, but it just doesn't do much for me. I'm done with it... I'd rather play football or hockey as far as consoles go.

Now OOTP12.. I can play that day in and day out.
How? I can't play OOTP for more than 1 in-game week and then I'm bored to death. (I know this isn't the right thread.)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

JRod wrote:
How? I can't play OOTP for more than 1 in-game week and then I'm bored to death. (I know this isn't the right thread.)
Yes wrong thread.. :)

Different strokes for differnt folks I guess.....

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Wish it was out for PS3 -- looks like a fun change of pace. Reminds me of the days where I'd have to use my imagination in playing games like RBI Baseball, where the on screen players had the real names but looked nothing like the real life players.

Sucks seeing the 360 getting this and Backbreaker Vengeance and neither game's on PS3.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Hmmm I am tempted. I haven't played a baseball game in forever. I have no problem with cartoony graphics if the gameplay is solid, and if it has real players and real stadiums (I am stadium whore in baseball games).

Honestly watching a youtube video of it immediately reminded me of Bottom of the 9th by Konami for PS1, where I used to play games against my brother all the time that usually resulted in punching each other in the arm many times. Good times.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

GTHobbes wrote:Wish it was out for PS3 -- looks like a fun change of pace. Reminds me of the days where I'd have to use my imagination in playing games like RBI Baseball, where the on screen players had the real names but looked nothing like the real life players.

Sucks seeing the 360 getting this and Backbreaker Vengeance and neither game's on PS3.
Apparently there is a planned PSN release, but the date has not yet been set.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Guys, this is PowerPros, but under a different name. It's made by the same people and is the same gameplay. Fully licensed teams, players, and stadiums. Season mode and online play, with career mode in the works and other features to be released in the future as dlc. To get a game like this for $10 is insanely cheap.

Here's a lengthy HD video of gameplay:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Toon i'll buy it then. :)

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I think it looks great, and hopefully it'll come to the PS3 sooner than later. I have to agree with Todd though. I'm not real big on the head bobbing. It'd be great if there was an option to turn it off.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

The head bobbling was a little annoying but this is definitely a Power Pros successor. There is even a Power Pros splash screen when you boot it up. I had some fun with the trial. Not sure I'll pick it up but that's just because I'm not really into baseball at the moment.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

ScoopBrady wrote:The head bobbling was a little annoying but this is definitely a Power Pros successor. There is even a Power Pros splash screen when you boot it up. I had some fun with the trial. Not sure I'll pick it up but that's just because I'm not really into baseball at the moment.
Tried the trial and there's an option to turn off the head bobbling. I think that's part of the charm with the game though. Someone at OS reported seeing rain also. Would like to know if the roofs retract as in MLB Power Pros. Thought that was a cool feature that the sim baseball games still don't have.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

bulls23 wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:The head bobbling was a little annoying but this is definitely a Power Pros successor. There is even a Power Pros splash screen when you boot it up. I had some fun with the trial. Not sure I'll pick it up but that's just because I'm not really into baseball at the moment.
Tried the trial and there's an option to turn off the head bobbling. I think that's part of the charm with the game though. Someone at OS reported seeing rain also. Would like to know if the roofs retract as in MLB Power Pros. Thought that was a cool feature that the sim baseball games still don't have.
Here's a video of the rain:

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I ended up snagging it. Its fun, but fielding is tough, I can never seem to get my guy in the right position, plus it auto-switches players too often for me.

Only bad thing is that it's hard for my 5 year old son to play. He has more fun with the MLB Stickball game.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Agree that the auto switch is annoying.

Other than that, I'm feeling like I got a nice, updated-roster (well, sorta!) version or Power Pros to play on my preferred platform for $10.

Easy purchase for me. Only played a little, but the feel of the game doesn't really seem dumb-downed at all from the earlier PP game.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Wow.. Looks just like Power Pros.

Can anyone confirm the game modes? Power Pro's had so much depth and stat tracking. Does this game provide any of that same level of depth?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

a couple of year ago someone here commented about what a great sim Power Pro's was once you got past the goofy characters. (could have been Rodster) Having bought the full version it seems as if my wish for an updated Power Pro's has become reality. I'm really liking what i'm seeing so far. I bumped up the pitch speed to fast and that quickly took care of the "demo speed seemed a little slow ;)

Don't let the looks fool you.. there's a lot of baseball behind the bobble heads.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Isn't this just the US version of Power Pros this year? Same developer? Thought I read that somewhere.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

that looks fun as hell

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It's funny that a $10 game can be more realistic to some than a full blown $60 MLB game. :)

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

too bad this isn't on the wii or PC for me.