MLB Bobblehead Pros

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros

Post by pigpen81 »

Other then a plethora of texas leaguers I give up against the CPU, this game is a BLAST!

So much polish in so may places.

Great game!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

game is really nice looking. Only DL the demo but the quality is top notch.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

pigpen81 wrote:Other then a plethora of texas leaguers I give up against the CPU, this game is a BLAST!

So much polish in so may places.

Great game!
Yea, I have seen a lot of them too on the demo. Seems hard to get hits even on the defaults which I think is set on easy. May wait to see what you guys are saying about it in a few weeks.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I bought it, and I am pleased. Plays a solid game of baseball, and the game moves by briskly. You won't see many walks, but otherwise is a realistic game.

I had power pros for Wii, but never played it, mostly because I never used my wii, period.

There are lots of nice touches;
-with unpredictable weather the rain will come and go (though maybe too much)
-"key outs" that will temporarily boost ratings for one team based on the result
-little things, like offline throws from the outfield, wild pitches in the dirt, easy to shift your defense

There are some things I still need to figure out;
-any way to track your pitcher's fatigue?
-fielding is tricky, the ball can slip by you/bounce over your head if you're not careful
-I hit into a ton of DPs
-I've already seen a few too many off-the-wall gappers go for singles, though you can go first-to-third or score on from second on singles if the times is right
-"straight ball I hit it very much, curveball [and changeup] bats are afraid"

I also need to figure out the controller options, as in what it means exactly when you set CPU pitching/baserunning/fielding ability for your own controller. I tried all those allstar the last game I played and didn't much difference from amateur.

Also, HR derby is locked DLC at the moment. :(
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Naples39 wrote:IAlso, HR derby is locked DLC at the moment. :(
It'll probably be at the end of the year. According to Konami, "Bobblehead Stars" will be a DLC pack available around the All-Star Game also known as the "Midsummer Classic," in mid-July, and the third game, "Bobblehead Battle" will will follow shortly after.

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

With all of the options and the crazy amount of ways this game can be customized, I'm shocked there is no way to set the length of a season or number of innings per game in Season mode. There is just no way I'm playing 162 9 inning games, and I play as the Pirates so simming some of them is out of the question since I would lose probably darn near half of the simmed games. Really disappointing.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Not on PS3. Stupid.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

JRod wrote:Not on PS3. Stupid.
Yet.

I also find it disappointing that there's not more customizable season lengths, though at least I am willing to sim games and the games move fast. I'm sure I'll find other things that annoy me, as one thing to keep an eye on for me is that the CPU mainly singles me to death, hardly ever hitting anything deep. Also doubles and triples are too rare for me on offense, as my hits are mostly singles or homers.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

fair complaints above .. keeping in mind it's a $10.00 game.

I'm just happy to be playing a Power Pros game again, even with it's oddities and short comings.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

Naples39 wrote: Also doubles and triples are too rare for me on offense, as my hits are mostly singles or homers.
Are your homers using the power swing cursor or just the regular one? I'm not seeing any with the regular cursor, but again, I'm using the Pirates. :)

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

btmmayor wrote:
Naples39 wrote: Also doubles and triples are too rare for me on offense, as my hits are mostly singles or homers.
Are your homers using the power swing cursor or just the regular one? I'm not seeing any with the regular cursor, but again, I'm using the Pirates. :)
All power swings. Right now I am still batting with "little assist" and making contact with a power swing is not a problem.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I get a lot of doubles with the power swing but I have't hit a triple yet.

It is hard to get a hit with the normal swing.

One complaint is that I wish there wasn't a power or normal swing and hits depended on hitting the sweet spot of the normal swing bat. (I wish normal swing was the only default option.

This has always bugged me about Power Pro.

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Absolutely loved Power Pros for the Wii. My 8yr old son and I have great games in it all the time (you can really tweak the settings to younger players an adv). He loves the game.

Fielding was always superb in PP too. Hope that carries over to Bobble Heads.

Finally, agree with the bobbling though - ok with cartoon characters, but watching the pitchers head bobble all game would disturb me.
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

pigpen81 wrote: One complaint is that I wish there wasn't a power or normal swing and hits depended on hitting the sweet spot of the normal swing bat. (I wish normal swing was the only default option.

This has always bugged me about Power Pro.
Yes and yes. The bat shaped cursor has always been my favorite hitting interface for a baseball game. I wish that the power cursor just shrunk the bat size down instead of making it a circle. I love using the normal swing with no assist as the hit results are realistic depending on the contact and the hit variety is fantastic. Problem is, power swing is damn near impossible without any assist.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

the more I play and the more I learn about the game the more I like it. There's a lot of info over at OS as well.

Last night consisted of two games of Bobblehead and two games of The Show.

Gonna start me a bobblehead season tonight!
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I played some games in ATL last night and got a bunch more doubles with the bigger outfield. Must be Citizens Bank park is too damn small for extra base hits in this game.

Also has anyone figured out the various "controller options" for the player when it says CPU baserunning, hitting....etc. I am assuming the CPU skill level is set when you go to the opposing team's "controller options" and choose pro/rookie...

This game has enough nice touches to keep the "one more game" feeling. Last night my shortstop made a diving play and flipped the ball while still on the ground to turn a DP. It's also very satisfying to break the hitter's bat by jamming him on an inside cutter!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

A fair review of everything you need to know;

This game is definitely $10 well spent, though I will probably have to tweak difficulty settings as I get better.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's been fun for me so far, I just have some problems with my timing with dives, slides and jumps.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

10spro wrote:It's been fun for me so far, I just have some problems with my timing with dives, slides and jumps.
I'm figuring it out, though there is often one inning a game where my defense falls apart and I give up a run or two because I miss ground balls, run under a bouncing ball, it auto-switches on me...etc...

Beware of diving unnecessarily though---I held my breath for a second when Utley made a hopeful dive in my season, then the play stopped and a message came up that said he was being evaluated for an injury from diving. Turns out he was okay.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Naples39 wrote:
10spro wrote:It's been fun for me so far, I just have some problems with my timing with dives, slides and jumps.
I'm figuring it out, though there is often one inning a game where my defense falls apart and I give up a run or two because I miss ground balls, run under a bouncing ball, it auto-switches on me...etc...

Beware of diving unnecessarily though---I held my breath for a second when Utley made a hopeful dive in my season, then the play stopped and a message came up that said he was being evaluated for an injury from diving. Turns out he was okay.
I found out that the hard way as the Jays most valuable player in J. Bautista tried to catch a floating homer by the CPU, well actually I made him leap and he collided heavily into the boards and was gone for the rest of the game.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I was worried Utley would be out for weeks actually. One game not so bad.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Having a blast playing this online. Don't have to worry about the cpu bloop singling me to death.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Can anyone offer any pitching advice.. After tinkering with settings i'm now back to default and and getting crushed.

TheTruth..how's the lag online?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

FifaInspected wrote:Can anyone offer any pitching advice.. After tinkering with settings i'm now back to default and and getting crushed.

Constantly move the ball to different areas of the strike zone and vary your pitches, then nibble with your pitcher's best pitches once you get two strikes on the batter.

I try to avoid throwing the same pitch or to the same location two pitches in a row. I'm always moving and I'm having a lot of success with it.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

FifaInspected wrote:Can anyone offer any pitching advice.. After tinkering with settings i'm now back to default and and getting crushed.

the lag isn't bad. I haven't had a game yet where it was totally unplayable. To me it is not much different than playing offline. I am sure it varies with each opponent though. It is hard to sometimes to find a game. If anyone ever wants to play just send an invite.