Madden/Ncaa/Anygame XBOX Disc Error Solution From Maddenmani

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Templehorn
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Madden/Ncaa/Anygame XBOX Disc Error Solution From Maddenmani

Post by Templehorn »

FROM MADDENMANIA.COM :
<BR>
<BR>http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showt ... adid=27291
<BR>
<BR>-----------------
<BR>A solution to fix the Xbox Dirty Disk Error and Freezes..
<BR>Hopefully this will become a sticky or Important post so that it doesn´t have to be "bumped" or hunted down.
<BR>
<BR>Well fellas.. it appears that fellow Maddenite and forum member, mrbetheax , has found a solution to the freezing, lockup, and dirty disk errors that occur when playing NCAA and Madden 2003 on the Xbox. I have tried his method and can say that I´ve actually been playing Madden successfully and without the slightest problem since early yesterday afternoon, when I first tried his solution. I used to average about two or three lockups or DDE per day.. but haven´t had any since.
<BR>
<BR>The problem seems to be with the way the laser on the DVD rom is reading from the disk. With the way the tray is installed in the Xbox, it seems that the laser can´t properly read Madden and NCAA. This could explain why some people haven´t ever experienced the error or freezing. Maybe the disk trays are correctly positioned/installed on their systems. CD/DVD drives can be pretty sensitive when reading one game compared to another.. which also may explain why it seems that all the other games are working and these two are not. I´ve read other forums on the net and found that lots of other games have caused gamers fits too. I´m not sure if this fix could help solve the PS2 problems or not.. but it may be something to consider.
<BR>
<BR>THE SOLUTION:
<BR>
<BR>1. insert game and close drive.
<BR>
<BR>2. carefull push the bottom of the tray upward with your finger. This won´t take much pressure to do.. you´re not really going to push hard. If you look at the Xbox disk drive tray lid.. you should be able to see a small gap towards the top portion of the lid. The object is to make the gap smaller on the top of the tray lid.. thus making the gap bigger on the bottom. Hope I haven´t lost anyone.. it´s really simple but for some reason my dumb a$$ is having a whale of a time trying to put it into words.
<BR>
<BR>3. now you want to insert a small portion of tissue or something safe to hold the drive in place. mrbetheax used tissue and I used some tissue but wrapped it with scotch tape to make it a little more stable. Voila! You´re finished... I know it seems hard to believe.. but that´s all there is to it. The laser should be able to read the disk properly now. I´m now able to enoy NCAA and Madden 2003 the way I should have been enjoying them all along. All credit goes to mrbetheax . He hasn´t been a member very long.. but what a huge contribution to the forums. Thanks bro!
<BR>
<BR>Peace Out...
<BR>Mark#1
<BR>
<BR>---------------------------------------