OT: Android Tablet Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Android Tablet Thread

Post by dbdynsty25 »

A little email to google and I've got a replacement on the way. When I get the new device I drop the old one in the mail and that's it. That is customer service.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm with DB, I'm a freak when it comes to electronic equipment too.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:I'm with DB, I'm a freak when it comes to electronic equipment too.
It depends for me. If it's a major screen issue like dead pixels, dead buttons then yeah i'm all for getting a replacement.

If the screen lift issue is just that and stuffing it in a Folio case and never see that problem again then yeah i'll usually keep it. Now if it's so bad where you can hear the screen click as you press down or if dust gets behind the screen then that's different.

Honestly while I like this tablet I wish this were the Kindle Fire 2. I do so much with my Kindle Fire because of my Amazon Prime account.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Kindle fire has exceeded my expectations for what I use it for, absolutely love it. If it came with a screen life issue, it would go right back for another one. Who knows, warranty runs out and the screen does that again? Paying that much $$$ get a new one.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MizzouRah wrote:I'm with DB, I'm a freak when it comes to electronic equipment too.
Same. I'm spending hard-earned coin. It must be perfect, or I'm not getting value for money.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

I'm the same way..if there is one little imperfection then it goes back

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

The thing's under warranty, brand new. Why not exchange it for one that doesn't have an imperfection?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:The thing's under warranty, brand new. Why not exchange it for one that doesn't have an imperfection?
IMO if I wanted to I could find a problem with any electronic piece of equipment. Upon careful inspection the square symbol of my Home button on my iPad is not perfectly aligned with the contours of the device. It also has a little bit of light bleed when I first start it, there's also a small mark on the back cover. No biggie on any of the above because it doesn't affect the operation of the device so I kept it.

I'm not knocking anyone who's looking for electronic device nirvana. I just find mass produced products whether it's an auto, appliance or electronic device subject to the eye of the individual owner. IOW you may not find a problem with it and I could come up with imperfections or I might think it's perfect but you could find all kinds of things wrong with it.

It's just not worth it for me to chase the perfection bunny.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

My Kindle fire is in perfect shape. ;)

To each their own though!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Guess you should have bought my OEM case Rod. They are going for between 80-100 bucks on eBay now because of their rarity right now. Haha. Definitely gonna throw that crappy case on eBay tonight so I can make a few bucks. Opportunity missed eh Rod?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Nah I went with the $7.95 case I listed. I have a similar one on my iPad and I like the look. But it's cool you can make money off of it.

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

What kind of a psycho buys an $80 case for a $200 tablet? That'll be great if it happens. List it immediately!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Nah I went with the $7.95 case I listed. I have a similar one on my iPad and I like the look. But it's cool you can make money off of it.
That's not the point. The point is that YOU should have bought it from me at the time and listed it now to make the profit, not me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

fatheadX wrote:What kind of a psycho buys an $80 case for a $200 tablet? That'll be great if it happens. List it immediately!
That same psycho's that pay $5,000 for an alligator iPad skin case. :lol:
dbdynsty25 wrote:That's not the point. The point is that YOU should have bought it from me at the time and listed it now to make the profit, not me.
Hindsight is always 20/20 :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

DB, do you know an easy way to get google play on my Kindle fire? I want to play Dungeon Raid and it's not on the Amazon store.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:DB, do you know an easy way to get google play on my Kindle fire? I want to play Dungeon Raid and it's not on the Amazon store.
Been a while since I used the fire but I know it's possible. Check out the xda developer forums and they have all the info over there on rooting and putting the market on there.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:DB, do you know an easy way to get google play on my Kindle fire? I want to play Dungeon Raid and it's not on the Amazon store.
Been a while since I used the fire but I know it's possible. Check out the xda developer forums and they have all the info over there on rooting and putting the market on there.
Thanks, I found some links.. seems like a PITA. Really wish Amazon would just allow google play to install on the Fire, but I know they are in competition.

They take so long to get the latest apps and updates are slow to current apps.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It does suck to do really but it's worth it. Hate the amazon app store. Reason enough not to use a kindle fire as far as I'm concerned. Lol.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

No problems for me with the Amazon app store. But if Amazon pulls the same crap on the Kindle Fire 2 that they did on the original Fire where they partitioned the device with 1GB for Apps and 5GB for everything else, then i'll definitely pass.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Rodster wrote:No problems for me with the Amazon app store. But if Amazon pulls the same crap on the Kindle Fire 2 that they did on the original Fire where they partitioned the device with 1GB for Apps and 5GB for everything else, then i'll definitely pass.
I'm sure the xda community has some tweak for that.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm going to leave it alone for now especially since the new Kindles are on the way.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Fellas. Seems as if impressions of the Nexus have cooled. Are u guys happy with the device or not so much?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:It does suck to do really but it's worth it. Hate the amazon app store. Reason enough not to use a kindle fire as far as I'm concerned. Lol.
I love the app store, but it just seems like they drag their feet releasing the latest apps or updates to current apps.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

FifaInspected wrote:Fellas. Seems as if impressions of the Nexus have cooled. Are u guys happy with the device or not so much?

I've had the Nexus 7 on my Google Store shopping cart for a couple of days now.

Can't seem to pull the trigger with the Ipad mini rumors warming up.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm 50/50 on an iPad Mini, probably because I own an iPad 3. The iPad Mini is still rumor and speculation, besides the resolution is rumored to be 1024x768 which is still lower than the Nexus 7. The N7 is a really nice tablet and JB is Android done right.