Playstation Vita

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Playstation Vita

Post by dbdynsty25 »

We are all suckers. LOL...this thing is gonna fail like the PSP GO...I just have a feeling. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna enjoy it in the meantime.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:We are all suckers. LOL...this thing is gonna fail like the PSP GO...I just have a feeling. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna enjoy it in the meantime.
I never bought the Go nor the 3DS. At first I thought this device was the sh*t and Sony hit a HR. Then they became Sony again with their pricing and DRM and now I have to side with wco81 thinking this may fail like the Go.

Sony said yesterday that their plans to allow you to port your PSP UMD based games to the Vita has been scratched.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

dbdynsty25 wrote:We are all suckers. LOL...this thing is gonna fail like the PSP GO...I just have a feeling. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna enjoy it in the meantime.
I don't think it will fail in the sense that good games will stopped being developed for it and Sony will lose money in the long run. It may not break sales records, but it could still end up being successful as a system that comes out with great games and turns a profit down the road. As you say, though, even if it does fail it will still be fun for what it is. Just looking at the list of big titles coming out this year, I will get my money's worth even if no other games are released next year. Little Big Planet, Resistance, FIFA, Wipeout, Uncharted, Hot Shots, Lumines, Gravity Rush, MLB The Show, Rayman Origins, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Killzone, Metal Gear, quality RPGs, fighting games, downloadable games, and the list goes on. It's really an impressive lineup of upcoming games, especially when by early accounts some of the games (Mortal Kombat, Little Big Planet) are better than their console counterparts.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Well add me to the list. I picked up the new bundle for $239.99 free shipping and no tax and Uncharted for $34.95 :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just bought F1 2011 for $27.99 :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

From?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Lockerz.com

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Isn't it already failing in Japan their main market.

Honestly that is what is keeping me form getting one, since I no longer have a DS my kids took them. Pretty much everything Sony puts out now loses money and when I read they are doing crap sales on this in Japan well it makes it hard to pull the trigger.

BTW I have $150 in Best Buy Gift cards so I am looking for someone to convince me. :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:Well add me to the list. I picked up the new bundle for $239.99 free shipping and no tax and Uncharted for $34.95 :)
BTW where did you find a bundle for $239?
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:BTW I have $150 in Best Buy Gift cards so I am looking for someone to convince me. :)
Just go play one...you'll end up getting it. It's really impressive. Hell, if I get a couple years of The Show on the road where it sync's with the PS3 version, I'll be perfectly happy with that. :)

And I'm sure he just got the regular wifi model for 239...not one of the actual bundles. If so, I wouldn't trust the site he bought from, lol. Not on new console purchases.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:BTW I have $150 in Best Buy Gift cards so I am looking for someone to convince me. :)
Just go play one...you'll end up getting it. It's really impressive. Hell, if I get a couple years of The Show on the road where it sync's with the PS3 version, I'll be perfectly happy with that. :)

And I'm sure he just got the regular wifi model for 239...not one of the actual bundles. If so, I wouldn't trust the site he bought from, lol. Not on new console purchases.
Nope got the $299 Bundle with 8GB card for $239 and they are legit. I got the tip from CAG'ers who have bought from them in the past and have never had any problems with them.

Dan, the catch is you build up points which you redeem. First signup on Lockerz.com, you'll instantly get 500 PTZ as they call them. You watch a few videos at 300 PTZ a piece (search SEAMS) which will pull up the 300 points videos, mute the button on your computer if you like. Once you get to around 2037 PTZ which happens after 30-40 minutes redeem them for the Vita which brings the price down to $239.99

Like I said according to veteran CAG's the site is definitely legit. CheapyD is deleting all the links mentioning Lockerz.com because he's not getting any kickback.

Also they accept PayPal for the warm and fuzzier feeling. :)
Last edited by Rodster on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'd rather pay $299 that jump through those hoops. LOL.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I'd rather pay $299 that jump through those hoops. LOL.
That's up tp you bro but those hoops aren't too bad to bring the price down to $240 (Vita), Uncharted ($35), F1 2012 ($27). And it doesn't take a lot of time if you watch the 300 PTZ videos.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well if I get one I will go with Best Buy because I still have $150 in gift cards, plus I have 2 $10 reward coupons so that's $170 so even if it runs me $300 I am only paying $130.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:Well if I get one I will go with Best Buy because I still have $150 in gift cards, plus I have 2 $10 reward coupons so that's $170 so even if it runs me $300 I am only paying $130.
Do it! :)

I'm banned from anymore purchases like that. LOL

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:Well if I get one I will go with Best Buy because I still have $150 in gift cards, plus I have 2 $10 reward coupons so that's $170 so even if it runs me $300 I am only paying $130.
Like DB said then, find one demo and play with it a bit. You will drop your coins for the Vita next week.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I didn't expect to be this impressed with the Vita. I've been really luke warm on a hand held ever since I've been gaming a bit on the iPad. Well, I was absolutely sold when I picked up the Vita and played through a couple demos this afternoon. First and foremost, the weight is unbelieveable. They had the security attachment on there so I expected it to weigh it down. Wrong. I couldn't get over how light it felt in my hands. Considering it's bigger than the original PSP (that's all I can go by as I owned the original), I was really taken back by the size but moreso by the weight.

Virtua Tennis 4 really impressed me, which is strange because I was less than happy with the PS3 game. It just felt really responsive and looked amazing on the Vita.

I'm iffy on Fifa 12. While it is very responsive, I'm not sure I would get use to how small the players are. I felt as if I was squinting a bit playing the game, although it looked exactly like it's counterpart. The touch screen on the back for shooting is a very nice touch and is responsive.

Hot Shots Golf looked great, albeit a little grainy looking. However, that's par for the course (no pun intended) with this series, at least on the PS3. That version also looks a little grainy as well. That said, it looked and played very nicely.

I doubt I'll purchase Wipeout, but it's definitely a very enjoyable game, both graphically and gameplay wise. What most impressed me was while the joystick is small, it's extremely responsive.

I really wasn't expecting to be impressed with the Vita, but I was pretty much blown away. Here I am an Apple fan boy and love how responsive the touch screens are on the iPad, iPhone, and iTouch. In the back of my mind, I felt as if the Vita wouldn't be able to compete in that area, and I couldn't be more wrong. What also struck me about the Vita was how quick it was once you load a game. The screens more very seamlessly and fast. Going back to the main Vita screen is a snap too.

In the end, I plunked down $50 as a pre-order. I'm not 100 percent completely sold, as it's a little pricey. I do have a Birthday coming up this month so I may just decide to put an extra $100 or more towards the purchase......I should have never stepped foot inside Game Stop today!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote: In the end, I plunked down $50 as a pre-order. I'm not 100 percent completely sold, as it's a little pricey.
LOL

You Dan waffling on the purchase of a piece of hardware that has to be a first :D
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Is there a demo for F1 2012 and did you guys try it?
sportdan30 wrote:Hot Shots Golf looked great, albeit a little grainy looking. However, that's par for the course (no pun intended) with this series, at least on the PS3. That version also looks a little grainy as well. That said, it looked and played very nicely.
It looked grainy on the PS2.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
sportdan30 wrote: In the end, I plunked down $50 as a pre-order. I'm not 100 percent completely sold, as it's a little pricey.
LOL

You Dan waffling on the purchase of a piece of hardware that has to be a first :D
That is true, however price does play a large factor. I definitely want it. It's whether I want to wait a few months for a potential lower price. The hardware and the games are nothing short of amazing. It truly felt like I was carrying around a PS3 console in my hands.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Went to Gamestop today to put in more time with the Vita. There weren't many people there so I got to play for over 30 mins. I tried FIFA and decided I will not get it. It's not a bad game, but I like the flow of PES 2012 on the 3DS much more. I played more Hot Shots and Wipeout and cannot believe how good those games are. I tried out the tennis game -- wow! The graphics are very nice and the control is f***in amazing. I will not get it immediately since I am already going to be occupied with the other games I'm getting, but I will definitely be trying this one out once the price drops. I finally got to put in quality time with Uncharted. I thought I might wait around and get this game on sale somewhere, but after playing it I went ahead and bought it at Gamestop. Uncharted on the Vita really does feel like a PS3 game. I was surprised at how small the game cases are for the Vita games, but even more surprised at how teeny the cartridges are. I'll have to be more careful when I vacuum, lol. All in all I am even more impressed with the Vita now that I got a chance to use it for an extended amount of time a the demo station. The controls are so good. The sticks feel better in some ways than those on the DS controller, and the d-pad is phenomenal, especially on Wipeout.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It looks like Lockerz will start sending out the Vita orders on the 22nd. One guy on CAG got his 8GB memory card he ordered for a friend.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Ran across this article at Forbes. "How Sony's Big Gamble With The PS Vita Will Lead Them To Victory," pretty well sums up my thoughts on how the Vita will be successful even if it does not break any sales records.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/ ... victory/3/

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Was at the mall and went into gamestop to try it out. Wasn't really looking into this until I read the impressions here on the forums. Not a big handheld guy.

Not blown away by it like some of you. It was ok.

Played Wipeout and Fifa.

Wipeout - really nice graphics, gameplay was just like old school wipeout. But the thing that sort of killed it for me was the load time. I just wanted to play a game and get out of there but it seemed like the load just to play one race took 2-3 min. I dont know if it relies on internet connection or not but it was really slow loading the game.

FIFA - again, start up looked just like the 360 version. When the game started, the camera was a bit high for me but I didn't try to find the settings and just played. Tried the touch passing and it was ok, seemed more gimmicky than anything else, but it was fine. Gameplay was just like the console version for the short time I played. No problem with load times on this game. I could see sports gamers playing this on Vita for a long time. A game like NHL could be perfect for Vita.

So all in all, ya it's nice, but since I'm not really into handhelds, it won't get my purchase. It's a very nice design, and very comfy in my hands, and I liked the feel of the analog sticks. I would say this would be perfect if you're a gamer who travels a lot and needs something to play on the plane. But for me, I'll pass.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lancer wrote: I would say this would be perfect if you're a gamer who travels a lot and needs something to play on the plane.
One of my main reason for getting it, kill waiting times at airports, delays, perfect for long haul flights, hotels etc. And yes, with both analog controls now it would be dumb for EA not to expand NHL for the Vita.