Playstation Vita

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Playstation Vita

Post by Slumberland »

fuk iOS vita 4EVER

Seriously the Vita is just about everything I've always wanted in a gaming system. s***, I play that thing at home more than my consoles.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I feel the same way, Slumber. Great little portable. Has anybody tried Assassin's Creed for Vita yet?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

ScoopBrady wrote:I feel the same way, Slumber. Great little portable. Has anybody tried Assassin's Creed for Vita yet?
Yeah, I got it this week. Awesome, awesome game. I also got Need for Speed Most Wanted for the Vita. I cancelled my PS3 preorder because I knew I wouldn't have time to play both. NFSMW is pretty damn good on the Vita. The developers did a tremendous job putting this much content onto the Vita, not to mention the control is excellent.

Some other Vita games I've played recently, but haven't commented on since I didn't think there are many handheld gamers here:

--Dokuro (imported it from Asia, but it's available for dl on PSN as well): very cool puzzle/platforming game. It gets very hard at a point, but is hard to put down.

--WRC 3 (imported): It is apparently the same game as its PS3 counterpart. I'm loving this game. Control is good. Sense of speed is nice.

--Spy Hunter: Surprisingly a well-made game. I haven't finished all the levels yet, but I have enjoyed the ones I have completed. A lot of people that took a chance on this one seem to be having a great time with it. I got it as part of the B2G1 at BB.

--Silent Hill: Book of Memories: A bit different than past Silent Hill games. Solid, but nothing spectacular. It's on hold at the moment since I have other games to play.

--Street Fighter X Tekken: Best fighting game on the Vita up until this point. I have all the fighting games on the Vita, and this one is my favorite. It's even better than the PS3 version IMO.

--Ragnarok Odyssey: Man, this game is special. Destructoid is right in saying that it is the gold standard for the Vita up to this point. I've been playing with a couple friends online and we are having a complete blast.

Obviously, like Slumberland, I am getting a lot of mileage out of my Vita. I sold several of my friends on getting a Vita, and it has replaced their consoles for the most part as well. There are so many great games out for this system right now that it's insane.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Handhelds will be like point and shoot cameras or dedicated MP3 players. There will be a market but there won't be much investment because it's a limited market.

Consoles could be in the same boat if the WiiU and the other next gen consoles don't excite. It sounds like MS and Sony may try to limit costs so the jump from the current gen won't be as great as from non-HD to HD.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

--WRC 3 (imported): It is apparently the same game as its PS3 counterpart. I'm loving this game. Control is good. Sense of speed is nice.
I imported this for the PS3 and it just arrived today. I've played just a little bit of the Finland rally, but first impression is that it's pretty good. Not great by any means, but it's certainly going to scratch the itch for a true rally game.
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
I imported this for the PS3 and it just arrived today. I've played just a little bit of the Finland rally, but first impression is that it's pretty good. Not great by any means, but it's certainly going to scratch the itch for a true rally game.
Where did you order from? Need to do this myself.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I ordered from play-Asia. Com
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:I ordered from play-Asia. Com
Cool thanks.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Really cool news for Vita owners -- PSN+ will soon feature stuff for the Vita. Here is the initial offering of free full games for the Vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. That's a damn nice list of free games. A PSN+ membership will work for both the PS3 and Vita with no additional cost.

On a different note, I cannot believe how addictive Ragnarok Odyssey continues to be. I didn't think anything on the Vita could addict me more than Disgaea 3 and Zero Escape, but Ragnarok Odyssey is pure digital crack. The sheer number of high quality games on the Vita in its first nine months is insane.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

VITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(don't ask me why but i'm playing the psx metal gear solid on it right now)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Anyone want a Vita for cheap...bout ready to dump mine. I haven't touched it in weeks, and likely won't now that I've got the iPad Mini taking up my random couch gaming time.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just downloaded my free copy of Uncharted for the Vita and its a damn impressive game. The touch screen is used well and it's a beautiful game. Sad this system doesn't get more love.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

No NCAA, NHL, or Tiger Woods? No thanks I'll stick with IOS for my portable gaming fix.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

ddtrane wrote:No NCAA, NHL, or Tiger Woods? No thanks I'll stick with IOS for my portable gaming fix.
I would love to see any of those EA Sports games on the Vita. Both Madden and FIFA look amazing on the Vita. The PES franchise is another one I wish was brought over to the Vita.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
ddtrane wrote:No NCAA, NHL, or Tiger Woods? No thanks I'll stick with IOS for my portable gaming fix.
I would love to see any of those EA Sports games on the Vita. Both Madden and FIFA look amazing on the Vita. The PES franchise is another one I wish was brought over to the Vita.
NHL on the Vita would be awesome.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Double post :oops:
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Diablo25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:
I *very* nearly bit on the $180 VITA bundle yesterday and probably would have gotten it if it had NHL on the platform.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:
So would Tiger Woods......sadly I don't see one coming soon, if ever....

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

GameSeven wrote:I *very* nearly bit on the $180 VITA bundle yesterday and probably would have gotten it if it had NHL on the platform.
I ordered that bundle, and I just sold the code for PS All Stars for $20.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

While the 3G version is rumored to be phased out, the current $200 price for the Vita in Japan has increased noticeably in sales. Back in NA apparently there are some stores also selling the hardware for that price.

I recently bought the show for $39, and if the majority of the games would drop to say $15, $19 a pop, Sony could turn things around for the Vita.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

10spro wrote:While the 3G version is rumored to be phased out, the current $200 price for the Vita in Japan has increased noticeably in sales. Back in NA apparently there are some stores also selling the hardware for that price.

I recently bought the show for $39, and if the majority of the games would drop to say $15, $19 a pop, Sony could turn things around for the Vita.

That would help sales but "turn things around?" Maybe that might help it reach PSP volumes but even that would be comparatively small these days compared to even 3DS sales, never mind smart phones which sell tens of millions each month.

Besides major price cuts to games and the consoles, there doesn't seem to be a catalyst to make sales take off. ARe there big games coming? Or is the only excitement to use the Vita as a REmote Play controller for the PS4?

By now, the Vita hardware is starting to show its age. Phones are getting 4 or 8 cores, which are faster than the A9 cores in the Vita. The display and controls are nice but when it's so cheap to play games on your phone or tablet, even paying $100 for a Vita and paying $40 for games is a difficult sell. Sure it's deeper and longer games and the controls are better but is the gaming experience going to be worth shelling out at least $200-300 for those times when you're not gaming on your console or phone?

So far, most people have voted no.

BTW, maybe the only way to make $10-20 games work (assuming same kind of development budgets as current games but find a way to deliver the games for less) would be to go purely to downloads, cut out the retail middlemen and eliminate manufacturing/inventory costs.

That would mean building in a lot of storage (get rid of those rip-off memory cards) and building up the PSN infrastructure to be the sole source of Vita games. Of course, the flash RAM built-in would make the devices more costly and they'd have to price them higher. So the initial cost to get into Vita gaming would still be as high or maybe higher, with a couple of games.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation