Playstation Vita

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Playstation Vita

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Picked up Mod Nations Racers, UnCharted and Marvel at lunch. Mod is really cool but coming off Hot Shots took some getting use to with the thumbsticks. I'll try Uncharted later. I really didn't want Marvel but Target had a real shitty selection and it was that of Ninja Gaiden. So I grabbed it and might just keep it in the wrapper and try and return it for something else.

I'm not liking not having manuals I'll tell you that. I didn't even know and still don't know what the reverse touch screen does on Hot Shots Golf I just accidentally hit something last night and there were way point lines on the fairway and then I was never able to get them back.
The manual is on the game disc. Just press the playstation button, go to the game screen and look at it. Not that big of a deal.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

So, I apologize for a dumb question that has likely been answered, but if I want to play The Show on the Vita and on the PS3, I need a copy for each system, correct?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I got a chance to play with one at Target when I got in on the B2G1 deal. The screen looks beautiful and UC looks really nice.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:So, I apologize for a dumb question that has likely been answered, but if I want to play The Show on the Vita and on the PS3, I need a copy for each system, correct?
Yes. There are rumors that they might have a buy one get one half off deal if you get them at the same time, but those have been from random sites that I can't even find now. So doubt it's going to happen.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote: The manual is on the game disc. Just press the playstation button, go to the game screen and look at it. Not that big of a deal.
Yeah I know it is on the disc I would still prefer a manual with the game, especially when being on the disc sometimes amounts to opening up a web browser to get the manual.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

There doesn't seem to be a lot of fighting game fans around here, but I was wondering if anyone has tried out BlazBlue for the Vita yet.

The visuals look stunning, and I'm thinking this might be a good platform to really dive into the fighting genre.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

fanatic wrote:There doesn't seem to be a lot of fighting game fans around here, but I was wondering if anyone has tried out BlazBlue for the Vita yet.

The visuals look stunning, and I'm thinking this might be a good platform to really dive into the fighting genre.
I have all of the BlazbBlue games on the PSP and 3DS. This series is amazing and rewarding. The Vita version did not look to be enough of an upgrade over the latest versions I have on the 3DS and PSP so I will not get it immediately, but will get it down the road. You will need to put some time into learning the moves of the characters you want to play with, more so than in other fighting games. The Vita version also looks like it has unreal depth and plenty of modes.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I got a chance to put in some time with F1. Wow, what a nice surprise! I did several race weekends in career mode and a few quick races. The control is too twitchy for me on default, so I changed the steering sensitivity quite a bit, and that is working well for me. The graphics are not as bad as I thought they would be based on the reviews I've read. It's the best handheld F1 game to date IMO. The AI is better on the Vita version than on the 3DS version, as are the graphics. Yeah, it's outdated since it is based on last year's season, but damn it's fun for being a handheld F1 game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Can't stop playing Mod Nation Racers. Anyone else have this? How does an Ad Hoc race work?
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finally got a chance to mess around with the system some more. I DL the Uncharted demo and the graphics are stunning. Great stuff. I can't wait to see The Show on this system :). Overall I am very impressed with the system. I downloaded and installed the Content Manager for my PC and it works well. Again, give me The Show :mrgreen:
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

toonarmy wrote:
fanatic wrote:There doesn't seem to be a lot of fighting game fans around here, but I was wondering if anyone has tried out BlazBlue for the Vita yet.

I have all of the BlazbBlue games on the PSP and 3DS. This series is amazing and rewarding. The Vita version did not look to be enough of an upgrade over the latest versions I have on the 3DS and PSP so I will not get it immediately, but will get it down the road. You will need to put some time into learning the moves of the characters you want to play with, more so than in other fighting games. The Vita version also looks like it has unreal depth and plenty of modes.
Thanks...I dabbled a bit with the first PS3 BlazBlue a while back, but never had the time to really learn the mechanics. I figure that learning on the Vita will work better, as I can practice some moves if I have a few minutes here and there. With my PS3, I pretty much have to wait till the wife goes to bed to play, and at that point (around 10:30-11:00), I'd rather play some Skyrim or something like that rather than 2 hours in fighting tutorial mode.

If I'm planning on buying my games on disc, have a few demos on the system, and probably a puzzle DLC game or two, am I probably ok with the 8GB memory card?

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

fanatic wrote:If I'm planning on buying my games on disc, have a few demos on the system, and probably a puzzle DLC game or two, am I probably ok with the 8GB memory card?
You should be fine - you can also shuffle content between the PC or PS3 pretty easily if need be.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Danimal wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote: The manual is on the game disc. Just press the playstation button, go to the game screen and look at it. Not that big of a deal.
Yeah I know it is on the disc I would still prefer a manual with the game, especially when being on the disc sometimes amounts to opening up a web browser to get the manual.
That's what I thought too, but the more I use the in-game manual the more I'm growing to prefer this method. It's not browser based and can be accessed at any time while you are in-game just by hitting the PS button.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Anyone with FIFA PSV interested in a casual online league? I'd like to get some more online matches in but really sick of cheezers and droppers on random...

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Blublub wrote:
fanatic wrote:If I'm planning on buying my games on disc, have a few demos on the system, and probably a puzzle DLC game or two, am I probably ok with the 8GB memory card?
You should be fine - you can also shuffle content between the PC or PS3 pretty easily if need be.
Nice, thanks.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Blublub wrote:Anyone with FIFA PSV interested in a casual online league? I'd like to get some more online matches in but really sick of cheezers and droppers on random...
I'm not good enough for a league but happy to let you kick my a** around the pitch here and there.

In fact, any Vita owners who have FIFA, VT and plan on getting The Show, add me to your friends list. My online experience with this thing thus fas has been silky smooth which is a nice surprise. My gamer ID is Rallymonkey1971.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

RallyMonkey wrote:
Blublub wrote:Anyone with FIFA PSV interested in a casual online league? I'd like to get some more online matches in but really sick of cheezers and droppers on random...
I'm not good enough for a league but happy to let you kick my a** around the pitch here and there.

In fact, any Vita owners who have FIFA, VT and plan on getting The Show, add me to your friends list. My online experience with this thing thus fas has been silky smooth which is a nice surprise. My gamer ID is Rallymonkey1971.
Will do, my id on the PSN is xeneixe.

Blub, I think I already have you on my list so we have do some footie soon.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

So psyched for The Show but holding off on the system 'til it actually drops. I've still got Resident Evil on the 3DS going strong as well as Show career mode on the vintage PSP (which is still awesome).

Do PSP games look any better on the new system?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Slumberland wrote:Do PSP games look any better on the new system?
Yes, they are upscaled.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I played Rayman last night and today. It is indeed a very good game. Anyone who likes sidescrolling platformers should certainly give it a go. The graphics are top-notch and the level design is cool.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I want The Show now!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ok I am stuck in Uncharted really early.

I am climbing following this guy and the tutorial screen about grabbing stuff that glints comes up. Except I don't see anything glinting and the guy is not moving until I grab it. What am I missing here?
Follow Me on:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Danimal wrote:Ok I am stuck in Uncharted really early.

I am climbing following this guy and the tutorial screen about grabbing stuff that glints comes up. Except I don't see anything glinting and the guy is not moving until I grab it. What am I missing here?
Just look for ledges that you can climb on. Don't even worry about using the touch screen controls, you don't have to.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

ScoopBrady wrote:
Danimal wrote:Ok I am stuck in Uncharted really early.

Just look for ledges that you can climb on. Don't even worry about using the touch screen controls, you don't have to.
That's not what I meant. The guy I am following is just stooped. Asking me to reach and grab this secret object which I can't see anywhere on my screen. It's just very odd and it doesn't seem like anyone else has run into it.

Nevermind finally found it it was back past where I had gone. Stupid tutorial
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm having a weird issue and want to see if anyone has any ideas.

Everytime my screen goes into power save mode or I etner a game I lose my WiFi connection. Even when I start the system I lose the wifi, I always need to go into settings and network and connect again.

Anyone have any idea why this would be happening?
Follow Me on: