Playstation Vita

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Playstation Vita

Post by Blublub »

No problems here either. The sticks seem a little loose and twitchy in F1, but I think that's normal.

Agreed on the addictiveness of VT - I'm finding myself spending more time in its career mode than the rest of my games combined.

To whoever asked, you got the system one week early if you got a bundle that included the 3G system, Little Deviants, a 4GB card and a case. Speaking of which, anyone getting the system on the 22nd want a smoking deal on Little Deviants or a 4GB card?

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Blublub wrote:No problems here either. The sticks seem a little loose and twitchy in F1, but I think that's normal.
What are your thoughts on F1?

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

toonarmy wrote:
Blublub wrote:No problems here either. The sticks seem a little loose and twitchy in F1, but I think that's normal.
What are your thoughts on F1?
I'm enjoying it. Yes, the graphics are horrible, but I really don't notice too much at 200 mph. At least the frame rates don't drop much (thought they still do a little bit at the start of a race). It plays just like F1 2009 for the PSP which I enjoyed a lot. I do miss any form of replay and it does seem largely phoned in for $40. I couldn't find anyone online to try multiplayer - hopefully this changes after the 22nd.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wait, the graphics are horrible in F1? Not my copy. :)

It's just a bit twitchy...and the AI is suspect at best...but it's still a damn good time.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

With Amazon matching the buy 2 get one free sale I went ahead and bought FIFA, Rayman, and F1. Sounds like F1 is at least decent based on what I've read. FIFA and Rayman both getting lots of praise.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Toon, didn't know Amazon was price matching TRU. What's the difference between Wipeout 2048 and Wipeout Fury HD for the PS3?

Too bad The Show did not qualify. :(

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

DB, the graphics don't bother me at all, in fact I kinda prefer the blurred look as it makes it easier to focus on the track. But I do see where others have a point - check out this post on the Codemasters forum comparing screens from the VITA and PSP versions: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... tle-2.html.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

toonarmy wrote:With Amazon matching the buy 2 get one free sale I went ahead and bought FIFA, Rayman, and F1. Sounds like F1 is at least decent based on what I've read. FIFA and Rayman both getting lots of praise.
How do you get Amazon to price match?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

OK question before I bite. I noticed that Amazon raised the price on their popular games from $29.99 to $39.99

Anyone know if TRU's prices are still $29.99 because that would be the better deal.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

ScoopBrady wrote:
toonarmy wrote:With Amazon matching the buy 2 get one free sale I went ahead and bought FIFA, Rayman, and F1. Sounds like F1 is at least decent based on what I've read. FIFA and Rayman both getting lots of praise.
How do you get Amazon to price match?
Amazon is running the sale for everyone. Here is the page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/r ... 3010556011

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Thanks toon. It didn't work for me earlier because I had VT4 in my cart and that is not one of the eligible games.
I am a patient boy.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Whats the scoop on dungeon hunter and that Army Corps game? I am thinking of grabbing those 2 and Rayman
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Army Corps is like Pikmin in Hell. That is one of the games I ordered. Stay far away from Dungeon Hunter. It is a $12.99 PSN game on the PS3 that they are charging $40 for.
I am a patient boy.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Well Lockerz is definitely legit. I just received my copy of F1 2011. I'm still waiting for the system and UC.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

ScoopBrady wrote:Thanks toon. It didn't work for me earlier because I had VT4 in my cart and that is not one of the eligible games.
NP. I really wanted to get VT, but since it wasn't offered I got FIFA.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just ordered The Show for $29.19 total with free shipping. :)

Question, what's cross play? If I get it for the PS3 do I get it for free on the Vita? I also ordered it for the PS3.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sold my old R9 Driver today on eBay for $115 so that along with the other cash I got for my old PS3 has me creeping into the Vita camp :). If you guys give some positive feedback on the Vita version of The Show I might be jumping on board. Still wavering though.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:Sold my old R9 Driver today on eBay for $115 so that along with the other cash I got for my old PS3 has me creeping into the Vita camp :). If you guys give some positive feedback on the Vita version of The Show I might be jumping on board. Still wavering though.
The PSP version of the Show is awesome for a hand held each year. The Vita is gonna be SICK. Is this even a discussion? The Show will sell a few systems. Playing your season on the go and coming home and firing up where you left off? Instant Louisville Slugger strength hard on.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Sold my old R9 Driver today on eBay for $115 so that along with the other cash I got for my old PS3 has me creeping into the Vita camp :). If you guys give some positive feedback on the Vita version of The Show I might be jumping on board. Still wavering though.
The PSP version of the Show is awesome for a hand held each year. The Vita is gonna be SICK. Is this even a discussion? The Show will sell a few systems. Playing your season on the go and coming home and firing up where you left off? Instant Louisville Slugger strength hard on.
Thanks for fanning the flames DB ;)

I am assuming it will be great. It would be sweet to do the cross system thing with the Vita. To be honest I might end up playing the Vita more than the PS3 version. One of the best summers of gaming I ever had was when I played my High Heat Phillies season on the PC while I watched the Phillies on TV. I could see myself sitting on the couch playing a Show season while I watch the Phils. Plus, getting in a franchise game at work on lunch would be damn cool...damn cool.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:I am assuming it will be great. It would be sweet to do the cross system thing with the Vita. To be honest I might end up playing the Vita more than the PS3 version. One of the best summers of gaming I ever had was when I played my High Heat Phillies season on the PC while I watched the Phillies on TV. I could see myself sitting on the couch playing a Show season while I watch the Phils. Plus, getting in a franchise game at work on lunch would be damn cool...damn cool.
Exactly my plan.

Lunch breaks and sitting in front of the TV watching the Braves on TV and on my Vita. Mix in a cold brew and little bit of head (not on the beer) and you've got the perfect summer scenario. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Congrats on the Vita sucker Diablo. :) Kidding aside, you'll really love the hardware and MLB when it comes out of course. The visuals on that game are outstanding and perhaps the closest game where you can say "Hey that's PS3 quality stuff". If you want to play something in the meantime, I recommend Uncharted of course and sports wise either Fifa or VT.

I purchased the screen protector today and for 10 bucks, you can't go wrong. There's 2 in the package too, I thought for carrying the Sony name that they hiked the price by 3-4 dollars,but the quality is quite good.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Part of me thinks when I walk into Best Buy tomorrow they are going to say sorry only pre-orders.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I am assuming it will be great. It would be sweet to do the cross system thing with the Vita. To be honest I might end up playing the Vita more than the PS3 version. One of the best summers of gaming I ever had was when I played my High Heat Phillies season on the PC while I watched the Phillies on TV. I could see myself sitting on the couch playing a Show season while I watch the Phils. Plus, getting in a franchise game at work on lunch would be damn cool...damn cool.
Exactly my plan.

Lunch breaks and sitting in front of the TV watching the Braves on TV and on my Vita. Mix in a cold brew and little bit of head (not on the beer) and you've got the perfect summer scenario. :)
Damn you....damn you all to hellll!!! :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

If anyone has Verizon and they call in and I answer the phone..please bear with me as I might be finishing a hole in HSG :lol:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Lots of new stuff on the Playstation store last night. They didn't update until about 11:30 central time so I didn't really get a chance to check out what I downloaded but I did download the demo for Unit 13, Hustler Kings, and FIFA. I also downloaded the Table Soccer AR game. I should get my shipment from Amazon today of Lumines, Rayman, and Army Corps of Hell. I briefly played the demo for Unit 13 while dropping my morning deuce and it looked pretty damned good.
I am a patient boy.