Playstation Vita

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Playstation Vita

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Thanks guys and son of a...

Have to resist.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I preordered Hot Shots Golf and Wipeout 2048 a few weeks ago and will probably get Uncharted and Lumines as well. F1 2012 is a launch title as well, but I need to hear more about it before laying down $40 on it. I'm still debating which Vita to get. I definitely would like to get the Vita a week early, but I have no interest in Little Deviants and the 4gb card seems kind of weak, so I am leaning toward the $299 3g bundle that includes a 8 gb card and free downloadable game and month of data service. I doubt if I will subscribe to the data plan, however the 3g Vita bundle will basically be the same price as the Wifi Vita once you factor in the free 8 gb card and game. I guess it cannot hurt to have the 3g capability just in case I ever want it and some games come out that utilize it in some way.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I will get one as soon as The Show comes out. Late March, it sounds like?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

3/6 (like the rest of the systems) according to Gamestop. And thats likely when I'll get one. Don't have any desire to play any of the launch games outside of hot shots and those usually get pretty boring after a little bit.

My strength is weakening. So pissed.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And there you have it...lasted all of a day and a half. Pre-order placed. F*CK.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Weak ! :lol:

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

LOL at DB! I've had this thing puled up and almost clicked to pre-order multiple times now. DSP = Satan.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Was the special offer to get free 'Uncharted' extended to you guys in the States at BB for pre-orders?

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I went ahead and ordered a Vita wifi model. I remembered what db said about rooting my Galaxy and using it as a wifi hotspot, so I will go that route. After thinking about it, I honestly could not see myself ever using the 3g function on a Vita since I take my phone everywhere with me. Maybe I'll regret it later, but went with the Vita wifi, Hori hard shell case, and 8 gb memory card -- $295. I had enough Amazon credit to pay for it all, so that was nice. Now I can wait an additional week and stare at Wipeout 2048 and Hot Shots Golf while reading all the glowing impressions from people who got the the first edition bundle. 2/22 cannot get here soon enough lol.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

10spro wrote:Was the special offer to get free 'Uncharted' extended to you guys in the States at BB for pre-orders?
No

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

F*uck my life. Why am I thinking about the $350 bundle with the lesser memory card just to be able to play FIFA, Uncharted and Hot Shots a week early? So don't need to….but so want to….

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I just figured memory ain't THAT expensive if you need more, and I'd rather have the option of 3G than no option, even though I can go through my phone (as Toon mentioned) without a problem. All in all, for the price of the hardware...you're getting quite a bit for your money. The games on the other hand...rentals mostly until the Show comes out.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

RallyMonkey wrote:F*uck my life. Why am I thinking about the $350 bundle with the lesser memory card just to be able to play FIFA, Uncharted and Hot Shots a week early? So don't need to….but so want to….
Best Buy had screwed up on their online ad. They posted the first edition bundle that comes with a 4GB memory card, little deviants game and case for $299 instead of $349. They decided to honor their screw up if you placed an order for it.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

3G has too much latency for online gaming. Turned-based games yes, not console-like games. FIFA over 3G would probably be a poor experience.

Non-gaming apps. or games like Scrabble over 3G would be okay, also uploading scores and trophies.

Maybe once they do a die shrink, they can also throw in an LTE modem. If they're still selling by then ...

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Amazon lists March 27th for the Vita version of The Show (6th for PS3).

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Slumberland wrote:Amazon lists March 27th for the Vita version of The Show (6th for PS3).
Gamestop has it March 6th. I'm pretty sure that is the date I had heard across the board as well.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Dumb question...Is a data subscription required for the Vita?
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

While shopping with my wife this afternoon, I ran into a Sony booth where they had about 8 Vitas on display for the public to get their hands on. It wasn't my first time with the handheld as I posted some early impressions when a passenger let me play it with in one of my voyages last month. But it was the first time that I had the opportunity to play FIFA on it and just color me impressed. Controls were tight but I also learned that you could control gameplay by either tapping the front of the screen for passing or touching the back of the handheld for shooting. It took a little time to get use to the touch controls but it was definitely an interesting alternative especially while shooting.

Graphics were beautiful and I'll be getting this game for sure along HSG. If EA would make a hockey game for the Vita I will be in heaven.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Diablo25 wrote:Dumb question...Is a data subscription required for the Vita?
Not at all.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

10spro wrote: If EA would make a hockey game for the Vita I will be in heaven.
That thought has been going through my head since the Vita was announced. Handhelds have not seen many hockey releases.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

toonarmy wrote:
That thought has been going through my head since the Vita was announced. Handhelds have not seen many hockey releases.
Not on a regular basis but IIRC NHL 07 was released for the PSP as well as Gretzky Hockey.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Rodster wrote:
toonarmy wrote:
Not on a regular basis but IIRC NHL 07 was released for the PSP as well as Gretzky Hockey.
And those were the last NHL games on handhelds, 5 or 6 years ago. I still have both Gretzky games and NHL 07 on the PSP.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

toonarmy wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Dumb question...Is a data subscription required for the Vita?
Not at all.
Thanks dude
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Resisting FIFA, Uncharted, F1 and The Show legacy on the road is futile ;(

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Well f*** me. Got to play a demo unit today and tried out several games. Now I'm chomping at the bit more than ever. Little Deviants is actually pretty cool and I think I want the game. I also saw today that Escape Plan will likely be one of the downloadable free games that comes with the 3G system deals. I was going to buy that game once it was made available. So basically that is $45 worth of games I was going to buy in addition to the wifi system, card, and case. In short, I cancelled my preorder of the wifi unit and preordered the first edition bundle. Just made more sense now that I know I def want Little Deviants and a quality game will be offered as the free download.