NCAA Football 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA Football 12

Post by MizzouRah »

GameSeven wrote:
Teal wrote:
Maybe if you rent/borrow a copy and load it to HD? I don't think they ID the individual disc that performed the copy when you start to play, just that you have a valid disc.
Yes, this would work as well.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Well, it pays to keep friends in high places. Just went to Gamestop, and the manager, who is a friend of mine, just swapped my FUBAR disc for a new one, and marked the old one as defective. Problem solved. Game on!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Nice! Now get your Online Dynasty game in, you slacker.

And after all that complaining about not having any "national recognition" by my RTG player, I finished my Junior season with a 31-0 pasting of Middle Tennessee State in the Kraft Fight Hunger bowl (that's comical...not just the team I had to play in a BOWL GAME, but the name of the bowl!!).

After the season it told me I had broken the single season yardage and TD records, as well as the career yardage and TD records for Cal. I started my Senior Year and was checking through the menus--I'm a 1st team All-American and #3 on the Preseason Heisman list, so I have a shot at actually winning something with this QB. Sucks that my wideouts are still crappy (my best wide receiver left and I'm stuck with a couple of guys with 80-something speed outside), but my line are almost all 90's across the board, other than a 70something Sophomore center.

I'm actually pretty excited to play out my senior season and see what the heck happens there. I haven't finished a RTG in an NCAA game since like the first year it came out.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I was in the middle of that Dynasty game last night, when the walls came tumblin' down. I'll get it in...soon... :D

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Do you guys turn off auto turbo/sprint and auto strafe?
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Road to Glory guys:

Is there any way to change how long the games are in RTG mode, or is it locked at 5 min. quarters? Games seem super, super short when I'm only playing QB in this mode. I get the ball maybe five or six times in a game. Also because of that, in classic EA football fashion, my team offensive stats ranks are down near the bottom, and my defense is way up at #1 fewest yards allowed.

Also, Terry, are there any tips you could give as far as the boosts go? Do you deplete your points right away, or is it better to save up for the big purchases? I'm a little worried if I save up, those 12000 pts ones won't show up for me to buy once I get that many points.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Zeppo wrote:Road to Glory guys:

Is there any way to change how long the games are in RTG mode, or is it locked at 5 min. quarters? Games seem super, super short when I'm only playing QB in this mode. I get the ball maybe five or six times in a game. Also because of that, in classic EA football fashion, my team offensive stats ranks are down near the bottom, and my defense is way up at #1 fewest yards allowed.

Also, Terry, are there any tips you could give as far as the boosts go? Do you deplete your points right away, or is it better to save up for the big purchases? I'm a little worried if I save up, those 12000 pts ones won't show up for me to buy once I get that many points.
You can only play 5 min qtrs.

Have to make each possession count. I set tons of records at AA on RTG. Of course I made liberal use of switching plays and audibles once I had the chance to help ensure my stats were good.

You will see quite a few 12,000 and 8,000 point boosts over the course of a career. I one time even saw one over 36,000. It was like the third week of my freshman year so I had nowhere near the points to buy it and it never showed up again. I would go for 4,000 point career boosts early on. I never used game boosts much. Seriously, after a couple or few years your QB will be so loaded with ratings that you'll be spending points on stuff for other positions. The quicker you can boost your QB's ratings then the sooner you will have more and more success, which means you can gain even more points -- snowball type effect.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

toonarmy wrote:Seriously, after a couple or few years your QB will be so loaded with ratings that you'll be spending points on stuff for other positions.
Are you saying you can use boosts for other players on your team? I have seen some that would boost my route running or what have you, and figured they'd do me no good.

I get frustrated at times with the super-sim. I can hardly tell what is happening in the game and have no sense of the flow of the game or the narrative, if you will, because for example after a turnover, it doesn't show me the text of the play - it just jumps to me on the field and I have no idea how we got the ball. Sometimes field goals or punts don't even show up when I check the list of plays in 'highlights,' which is just strange. Also time of play gets really wacky with some simmed plays seemingly taking no time at all. Last game the post game stats showed I had 2:18 TOP and that made no sense as I easily had that much in the first quarter. Weird. And boy, is the coach who calls my plays an idiot! So frustrating. I can't wait until I can choose from a few different plays here and there.

But the mode can still be quite a lot of fun despite the frustrations and bizarre sim related oddities.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Zeppo wrote:
Are you saying you can use boosts for other players on your team? I have seen some that would boost my route running or what have you, and figured they'd do me no good.
No, you cannot use them for other players. I had maxed out my QB with QB-related stuff so all those extra points I had I started using on running, blocking, receiving, etc. Actually the running stuff came in handy and made me more mobile and lethal and the blocking came in handy on plays where I was put out wide and had to block.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Title update out. Looks like they threw a bone to OD commish's

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/title-update-2
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:Title update out. Looks like they threw a bone to OD commish's

Great news for the named roster makers.

If Madden sucks, I'll be back on the NCAA bandwagon. :P

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Nice. Hopefully we'll see tuner updates as well with regards to the super human linebackers and their jumping abilities.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

sportdan30 wrote:Nice. Hopefully we'll see tuner updates as well with regards to the super human linebackers and their jumping abilities.
I'll admit it is a shame that they didn't not release the game tuned a well as it should, but I've been able to use sliders, with unnamed rosters, that pretty much eliminate this. Passing is still far tougher than last year. But the LB's are realistic, and you don't see psychic DB's.

SN's sliders over at OS are pretty good. although I think he has QB Accuracy way to low. I roll with it set a 40, and still complete half, or less of my passes. But I got full games without INTs sometimes, and watching DB reactions on routes in replays shows that they are playing really fair. The windows for completing a pass are still much smaller, but you will learn the routes and how to recognize when your WR is about to break free.

But I can't play this game on default sliders.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Cool.... I am happy to see you will be ready to kick us off after the patch. :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I had a fun game and unfortunately a loss VS my arch enemy Zeppo today with random C level clubs.

My conclusion is that NCAA is special via Live. Very special. Foosball chess. :D

I also acquired some new knowledge pertaining to the great schism of east and west. Go figure huh? You boot up for some video football and you learn something about human history. XBOX Live has its own rewards.

Loving this game and looking forward to a DSP league!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Glad everybody's having fun playing against each other.

What do I keep getting? "Not right now."
"Next time."
"Sorry."

Or the worst of all...the no-answer-and-log-off reply.

Screw all of y'all and your little cliques. Where's my waaaaambulance?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I'm having really good games against better teams.

I agree w/ 34, the game is made for XBL play. It just kills offline, and offline is pretty good.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:Glad everybody's having fun playing against each other.

"Next time."
"Sorry."

Wish I could jump on right now and play ya, Terry...oh well...

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:Glad everybody's having fun playing against each other.

"Next time."
"Sorry."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One mans clique is another mans rivalry. He is the only guy I can beat at about a 50/50 clip :P

First off I ALWAYS answer before I run and hide. I have only been online a couple of times in the last two-three weeks but you will get to beat on me more than the one time you already smacked me around. Though I must say I do look forward to improving my 1-30 record in football games against you.

If we do indeed have a DSP NCAA league again this year, and I see no reason why we shouldnt, I will take a team in your conference guaranteeing myself an annual ass kicking.

We want a DSP NCAA OD!!! :D

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Just managed to successfully challenge for 1st string right before the Gator Bowl with my RTG RB. Started the year at 4th string, and had a little trouble challenging the second string for a couple of weeks, but finally got him. RTG has me hopelessly hooked. I love what they've done with it this year, focusing on the football, and taking out all that going to class, working out stuff. I feel like I've actually earned my spot in the lineup. I have three RTG's going right now-RB, MLB, and QB, and am having a blast with all of 'em.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Teal wrote:Just managed to successfully challenge for 1st string right before the Gator Bowl with my RTG RB. Started the year at 4th string, and had a little trouble challenging the second string for a couple of weeks, but finally got him. RTG has me hopelessly hooked. I love what they've done with it this year, focusing on the football, and taking out all that going to class, working out stuff. I feel like I've actually earned my spot in the lineup. I have three RTG's going right now-RB, MLB, and QB, and am having a blast with all of 'em.
I only played D when I was doing high school games, and I was playing FS, but I simply could not get adjusted to the camera angle. I was always making my guy go right past the ball carrier and could never get a sense of space and movement. Very frustrating, too, because I really love playing defense in EA football games but I guess I need the normal camera angle.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:

Cool.... I am happy to see you will be ready to kick us off after the patch. :D
Sorry brother I don't think I can do it. Between my real job and running my site I have zero free time. I just got back from GenCon and my site is picking up steam and I will be busier then ever in my free time so I would be an even worse commish then I was before.

BTW for anyone who thinks video games are an expensive hobby I just dropped about $700 on board games in two days.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Danimal wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

BTW for anyone who thinks video games are an expensive hobby I just dropped about $700 on board games in two days.
LOL - no kidding! I'm almost afraid to count up the dollars I've spent on board war games the past few months. Between the American Civil War and Eastern Front games I probably spend much more time reading rules than actually playing. Fortunately skype and vassal have ensured that I have two good regular playing partners and even better one of them is located in the city I work in so I've managed to get some ftf gaming in after a donkey's age. I hardly spend any time on pc wargames (let alone console or pc gaming of any other sort).

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

What civil war games do you speak of? I am interested.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

I'm play testing Stonewall Jackson's Way II for MMP's Great Battles of the American Civil War series and have Battle Above the Clouds for that series as well. Fun games that model the difficulty Commanders had in coordinating large groups of units.

I've also got the new Line of Battle game on Antietam (regimental level) and I am helping to test a vassal module for that game. Finally I have a really neat little game on the Wheatfield (Gettysburg) that uses counters but i set up like a miniatures game.

best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce