HBO : GAME OF THRONES - Spoiler Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

HBO : GAME OF THRONES - Spoiler Thread

Post by Lancer »

RULES :

1. MOST IMPORTANT - IF YOU READ THE BOOKS DON'T SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS BY POSTING STUFF WE THAT ARE ONLY WATCHING THE TV SERIES DON'T KNOW ABOUT YET!

2.This is a thread ONLY to discuss the HBO Series

Ep 2 SPOILERS -

-Man I hope they kill that Lannister queen b*tch, and her Rod Stewart ugly ass lying son. Also Ned's daughter - F her too! She didnt tell the truth and defend her family because she got the hots for little Rod Stewart!

- I like how Ned's wife did her own medieval CSI and found that queen b*tch's strand of hair. Also, one thing I didnt get, so she was going to ride to Ned to tell him about the Lannisters but at the end Ned came back to find her daughter? so where is she going to ride off to? That part I did not understand, please explain.

-I like how the wolves are protecting the family - it was cool how the one direwolf killed that assassin. Queen b*tch Lannister gave herself away there at the end didn't she saying they have another wolf?

-Dany's twat must be hemmoraing, LOL. When EP2 started and they had the scene of her w/ that look on her face, I felt sorry for her.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HBO : GAME OF THRONES - Spoiler Thread

Post by wco81 »

I guess spoiler tags aren't supported?

test spoiler

I didn't understand it at first either but what happened was that the two daughters were headed back to King's Landing with their father and the king's crew.

So the incident happened somewhere between Winterfell and King's Landing, I think.

Otherwise, if the girls were back in Winterfell when it happened, they would have known someone tried to kill the kid who was in the coma and so would Ned. He would have known that one of the wolves saved his son's life and probably his wife's too.

A couple of things that don't make sense is that Tyrion the dwarf was slapping Joffrey around and went with Jon, the bastard son, towards the Wall, which is north of Winterfell, while King's Landing is to the South. So everyone headed south at first and then the dwarf and the bastard headed back up north to the Wall?

Meanwhile, the wife was rushing South towards Kings Landing to warn her husband about the assassin and hadn't caught on.

The other thing is, Bran's wolf was a little pup when he climbed the tower. But it was almost full-grown, big enough to kill the assassin while Bran was in a coma. How long was the kid in coma? The trip between Winterfell and King's Landing is suppose to take about a month.

It's hard to believe that Drago would use his army to take over the kingdom and then hand the throne to his prick brother in law. Especially since his culture seems to be a macho, top dog oriented culture and the brother in law is a lightweight. Why would he give the spoils of war to a guy who doesn't lead in battle?

It seems that Dany will make Drago fall for her and he'll do anything for her -- not something you'd expect from a macho warrior culture. Then again, those macho warriors wear eyeliner. :D

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I don't see what's confusing. The big party headed south accompanying the king back home and included Ned's daughters. The Black Legion or whatever headed north to the Wall, including Ned's bastard, now a recruit in the Black, and the midget who wanted to see the Wall. So, they share the road for a while out of Winterfell and then split ways at the crossroads. What's confusing?

I was however confused about the wolf that killed the assassin. I thought there was no way it was the same as the one Bran had when he fell, but whatever.

And the elder daughter is I think more enamored about the idea of becoming queen than she is actually enamored of the doll-faced prince. But yes she is surely spineless and selfish. The youngest daughter will surely save them all in the end, along with Bran. I'm just guessing.

If anyone but me remembers Jason Momoa from Stargate Atlantis, surely you'd agree he finally found a part that is perfect for him - he never has to speak! Ideal!

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

Ned and the king and their families rode south for King's Landing while Ned's wife stayed behind with Bran. After the failed attack on his life, she kind of snapped out of her funk and decided to go to King's landing ahead of the big traveling party. The idea was to investigate the attack further and surprise the Lannisters when they all arrive. So everything that happened with Joffrey, Arya and Sansa happened on the trip to King's Landing and was unknown to her. And when Arya was missing, the big group traveling south didn't turn around or anything, they just stopped where they were for a couple of days to look for her. Awesome casting of Joffrey by the way, he is a little b*tch in the book and the kid playing him sure looks and acts the part.

About the size of the wolf, it is a direwolf and they are supposed to grow quickly and much larger than regular wolves. If you remember the dead wolf in the first episode, it was about the size of a small horse.

As for Drogo and Dany's brother Viserys, the price for marrying Dany was a crown. The Dothraki pay up on their own schedule, but they always keep their promises.

I'm a little worried that the story has too many arcs happening simultaneously and is going to lose a lot of people. The reason it seems so disjointed is because every chapter of the book is written from the point of view of a certain character in the story, and what is going on with them at that particular point in time. The characters telling the story from their POV changes from book to book, but I think Game of Thrones has chapters for Eddard, Jon, Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, Catelyn and Bran.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I haven't looked at the web content -- looking forward to that HBO Go app.

The map in the credit sequence seems to show the Wall at the very top, Winterfell to the south of it and Kings Landing further south.

Then it shows something to the east of King's Landing, which is presumably where the Dothroki and Dany are.

Looks like these people have enough on their hands, with a lot of political intrigue and rivalries. Add to the mix the platinum blondes to the east and then mystical creatures out in the wild who have to be held back by the Wall.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zeppo wrote:I don't see what's confusing. The big party headed south accompanying the king back home and included Ned's daughters. The Black Legion or whatever headed north to the Wall, including Ned's bastard, now a recruit in the Black, and the midget who wanted to see the Wall. So, they share the road for a while out of Winterfell and then split ways at the crossroads. What's confusing?
I agree. It wasnt confusing...

It was entertaining though. I likes it! :)

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

XXXIV wrote:
Zeppo wrote:I don't see what's confusing. The big party headed south accompanying the king back home and included Ned's daughters. The Black Legion or whatever headed north to the Wall, including Ned's bastard, now a recruit in the Black, and the midget who wanted to see the Wall. So, they share the road for a while out of Winterfell and then split ways at the crossroads. What's confusing?
I agree. It wasnt confusing...

It was entertaining though. I likes it! :)
Put me down as one that was a bit confused. I had no idea that the whole Kings crew had left and definitely did not think the kids were with them. So when the scene happened with the Kings son and the butchers kid, I was thinking it was back in Winterfell. I soon got on the right track but it threw me off for a few.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

No we got that part. The part that was confusing was where Ned's wife was going and why it appeared Ned was back in Winterfell. Hipe answered that for us.

I love the scenery in the show, looks great on a big HDTV.

The wall was impressive as well, will like to know the history of it if they explain that later in the series.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

BTW, there is an iphone App for this show that I think explains the characters and the story in more detail. Great show though huh?
HBO always delivers. It's very well done with the scenery and costumes and the actors all seem pretty top notch so far. The story can
be a little confusing at times and I also find it helpful to leave subtitles on while watching, in case you misunderstood something. It's the
kind of show you want to go back and rewatch to see if there's something you missed.

Anyone who missed the 1st 2 episodes, you should get caught up and get on board now with this great series.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

JackB1 wrote: Great show though huh?
Anyone who missed the 1st 2 episodes, you should get caught up and get on board now with this great series.
Yes it is!

Even if you watched them, watch them again. I have watched both episodes twice now off of On Demand and you do pick up more.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

XXXIV wrote:
JackB1 wrote: Great show though huh?
Yes it is!

Even if you watched them, watch them again. I have watched both episodes twice now off of On Demand and you do pick up more.
HBO is supposed to be releasing this new thing called "HBO Go" where u can watch episodes on your computer or smart phone. I wish they would
release it already so I can watch Game of Thrones on my iPhone!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I am enjoying the series quite a bit. I never read the books but I don't think it's too hard to follow.

The only major complaint I have is that the cultural set up is completely unoriginal. You have your dark warlike savages, your corrupt city folk, and your heroic Northern rural heroes. That's practically a do-it-yourself fantasy world template. But the tone is very good and the performances are strong, and the near-absence of magic (at least so far) gives this a different feel than a lot of heroic fantasy.

Does anyone know how many episodes this season will be?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I am interested in HBO GO as well. I was hoping they'd just offer that as a subscription but I think they won't do that, at least just yet. If they did, I'd cancel my cable package and just subscribe to that since the only reason I have cable is to watch HBO/SHO series and sports. It would save a lot on the cable bill.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So how does one watch this if they don't have HBO?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Lancer wrote:I am interested in HBO GO as well. I was hoping they'd just offer that as a subscription but I think they won't do that, at least just yet. If they did, I'd cancel my cable package and just subscribe to that since the only reason I have cable is to watch HBO/SHO series and sports. It would save a lot on the cable bill.
Of course that's why they won't let you bypass your cable or satellite company.

Actually surprised if this will be available at first to every HBO subscriber.

ESPN has an app. but it's only available to subscribers of a couple of systems. And one cable company tried to distribute an app. for a whole bunch of channels and they sued to stop this.

I heard 10 episodes this season, which is already more expensive than Rome was, which they canceled because of cost.

Showtime is running the Borgias right now, which is supposedly historical but no doubt made sexy for TV. Interesting parallels and contrasts. The princess is also married off for political reasons and also has a rough wedding night.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

wco81 wrote:
Lancer wrote:I am interested in HBO GO as well. I was hoping they'd just offer that as a subscription but I think they won't do that, at least just yet. If they did, I'd cancel my cable package and just subscribe to that since the only reason I have cable is to watch HBO/SHO series and sports. It would save a lot on the cable bill.
Of course that's why they won't let you bypass your cable or satellite company.

Actually surprised if this will be available at first to every HBO subscriber.

ESPN has an app. but it's only available to subscribers of a couple of systems. And one cable company tried to distribute an app. for a whole bunch of channels and they sued to stop this.

I heard 10 episodes this season, which is already more expensive than Rome was, which they canceled because of cost.

Showtime is running the Borgias right now, which is supposedly historical but no doubt made sexy for TV. Interesting parallels and contrasts. The princess is also married off for political reasons and also has a rough wedding night.
I just checked my local cable website and you have to go thru them to get the hbo go package. Basically it's like the stream services your cable company already offers with HBO just packaged in.

I am trying to watch Borgias but after watching it right after GOT, it's so cheap. The set design is bare bones, the acting is so predictable, and the storyline is been there done that. Maybe it'll get better, but it doesn't compare to Tudor's which I think is the type of audience they're trying to attract w/ this show.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Finally saw episode 2 and loved it. I didn't realize it while watching episode 1 but the King is played by the guy who played Bill Miller in Still Standing. Quite a different role for him.

How hot was that scene between Daenerys and her assistant?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

ScoopBrady wrote:Finally saw episode 2 and loved it. I didn't realize it while watching episode 1 but the King is played by the guy who played Bill Miller in Still Standing. Quite a different role for him.
Also the fat guy from Full Monty. He's great as the king.

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

ScoopBrady wrote:How hot was that scene between Daenerys and her assistant?
It is known :)

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

HipE wrote:
They could have called this series Game of Boning. :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Brando70 wrote:
HipE wrote:
They could have called this series Game of Boning. :D
:lol:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Who was the guy in the last ep. who the king was talking to where they were exchanging war stories, older guy?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Lancer wrote:Who was the guy in the last ep. who the king was talking to where they were exchanging war stories, older guy?
A man who needed no introduction?

I guess we have to assume it was an old soldier friend... that needed to be in the room so the king could have someone listening to his little speech.

Loving the show!

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

Lancer wrote:Who was the guy in the last ep. who the king was talking to where they were exchanging war stories, older guy?
Sorry to be late with this reply, I just saw the episode tonight. Even though that part was not in the book, the old man has to be Ser Barristan Selmy, who is considered the greatest living knight in the kingdom. He was wearing the same armor as the Kingslayer, which means he is a member of the Kingsguard, of which there are only 7 members. Considering he is the only old guy in the Kingsguard, it had to have been him. He is loved around the kingdom and there are many stories and songs about him, he has the reputation of being as honorable of a knight as there ever was, along with still being a badass in the battlefield even though he is an old man now.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I really didn't like that Bran didn't remember being pushed out of the window. The temporary amnesia thing is very much like a soap opera. A minor quibble, but I groaned when he said he couldn't remember.

The performances in the series are really good. They have just the right amount of hi-falutin' fantasy bluster coupled with real-world grittiness. The scene where the king was discussing his first kill was fantastic. Peter Dinklage is terrific as Tyrion and Mark Addy is one of the best fantasy/medieval kings I've ever seen.

Plus we've seen more tits than magic. What's not to love? :D