Pro Spirits Baseball

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Pro Spirits Baseball

Post by Slumberland »

Still having a great time with it... the ratings are just so varied and uncompressed that from game to game it can feel like someone has switched the difficulty around. And ratings matter so much in the field, you can get a sense of an infielder's range very quickly when you hit to them, and then take advantage accordingly. I played against a flat-footed shortstop some games back that just couldn't get to anything, and I racked up the hits. And then there are other guys who will get to everything up the middle and generally drive you nuts.

Walks didn't seem to be there initially but then I had a game where I drew four. Go figure. The power game has slowly started to come along, as I've got three guys now with dingers, including one (Aoki, the Swallows best player) who has five so far, I think.

I don't have it in front of me but I think my record is 15-13-3 so far.

There's still a lot of stuff that's lost on me, especially with regards to player management, but the game is ultra-engrossing.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

With the MLB exclusive expiring, wouldn't it be nice if Konami brought this to the states next year as Pro Spirits MLB.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22qdwlznuR4/url]
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Pro Spirits 2011 sold 179,000 units in Japan. The Show:11 sold just under 500,000.

Imagine a world where we'd multi baseball games to choose from.... Pro Spirits, The Show, MVP and 2K.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Do they still do cursor hitting? I remember when I thought that was awesome. Until I tried it.

The game looks great, but there wasn't any actual gameplay shots.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Yes.. Still cursor.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

There's a zone hitting option as well.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I enjoyed the hell out of the one for Wii. Can't remember the name of the game, but played it a ton.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

gameplay video's from the new 2012 version:

http://ja.justin.tv/rx_888/b/313131719
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

fsquid wrote:I enjoyed the hell out of the one for Wii. Can't remember the name of the game, but played it a ton.
MLB Power Pros
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

My copy of Pro Spirits 2010 arrived yesterday. Been playing it for 6 hours straight. I've never had more fun playing a baseball game in my life.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Heading to Japan Sunday. Anyone want a baseball game? Glad to pick up your choice as long as I get paid! The older versions are usually dirt cheap (anywhere from a few hundred to few thousand yen). New one are ~7000 yen, or $70+.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

FifaInspected wrote:My copy of Pro Spirits 2010 arrived yesterday. Been playing it for 6 hours straight. I've never had more fun playing a baseball game in my life.
What makes it so fun?

Can you compare it to The Show?

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

What makes it so fun.. My initial response would be to take the fun factor that a lot of people like about the 2k series and marry it with the depth and realism of The Show. The presentation is also top notch. There are so many ways to customize the game in regards to difficulty rating. I started at easy and worked my way up until I found myself losing 13-0 in a game. I then back it down one notch. After a handful of games at that level I upped the CPU pitching difficulty for my last game and hitting was a real challenge.

I also like the fact that when something good happens, it's because I did something correctly. The opposite is true as well.. In over a day of playing I never had to ask myself why something happened. If I hit a pop-up it's because my cursor was too low. (batting is cursor based)

Being made by Konami it's no surprise that this feels like the baseball equivalent of Winning Eleven Soccer. The games are really exciting. I've seen more close plays at the plate in a day of playing than i've seen in The Show since it was released over a month ago.

The language barrier is not a big issue in regards to game play. I was up and playing an exhibition game in a matter of moments with the help of the spiritstranslation.com website. The language barrier only impacts me when it comes to looking at my roster, league news etc. Player names are in english on the jersey so that helps. That being said I set my game to auto subs so I don't have to worry about adjusting my lineup.. That's a great feature.

really, really good fun.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

F308GTB wrote:Heading to Japan Sunday. Anyone want a baseball game? Glad to pick up your choice as long as I get paid! The older versions are usually dirt cheap (anywhere from a few hundred to few thousand yen). New one are ~7000 yen, or $70+.
Please check your PM's!