MLB Season 2011

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Season 2011

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JOZ wrote:What the hell is the gesture Braun does with his belt? Jeez, the guy has to go through a whole mime show every time he gets a hit. Unfortunately, he gets to do it a lot.
Again...those dudes are annoying. The whole beast mode thing is ridiculous. Bloop singles to left do not equal beasting. So stupid. I like the team, but hope they lose because of it. Then they can go beast mode the golf course.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

GO Cards!!!

Pujols is a man on fire!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

JOZ wrote:What the hell is the gesture Braun does with his belt? Jeez, the guy has to go through a whole mime show every time he gets a hit. Unfortunately, he gets to do it a lot.
They all frickin' do it. That's Beast Mode!

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Aristo wrote:
Um, no. The belt thing is Aaron Rogers' championship belt celebration. He did it because Rogers was at the game last night. Beast mode looks like a big hug :)
-Matt

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

matthewk wrote:
Aristo wrote:
Um, no. The belt thing is Aaron Rogers' championship belt celebration. He did it because Rogers was at the game last night. Beast mode looks like a big hug :)
I just figured Beast Mode had extra moves now. I didn't realize he was going all Clinton Portis on us.

Seriously, that is even more lame.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Diablo25 wrote:I was there in the 90's but a number of those guys were still in the organization when I got there. You are right on Hamilton - great guy. He always was cool when he came down to minor league camp. He never big leagued anyone. I had to deal with Surhoff during the strike year in spring training of '95. He was the Brewers players rep. I remember him being very honest with us in telling us about crossing the line to play in "scab" games. Whenever a big league guy came down to minor league camp or came down during the season to rehab they were mostly cool. I played with/against a number of guys on rehab assignments. Matt Williams was probably the coolest. He talked to me for like 30 minutes while shagging during BP the one day. Just came up and started BSing with me. I remember Pat Listach being somewhat of a dick. He was coming off being ROY in '92 so he was feeling good about himself. Maybe he was having a bad day. Billy Spiers was a great dude. He rehabbed with us for like 2 weeks after back surgery and was first class all the way. Hooked us all up with gear, fed us well after the games, etc. If you remember in '92 the Brewers were making a run at the AL East and I remember being the one to tell Spiers that Toronto had acquired David Cone. We were on the bus going to play South Bend (White Sox) when I told him. It took the wind right out of his sails. Francona was the manager of that South Bend team. The Brewers lost the division VERY late in the year that season. Cone was a big part of it.

Diablo: thanks. First off, you know how many men would love to have had the experience you did (Re: professional baseball). That is awesome

yes, Bill Spiers. #1 draft selection via Clemson, i believe. Early cut in spring training, the last year i were in Arizona. Very young player

did you ever have a chance to meet Yount or Molitor? One of the 5 most exciting moments in my life was first day of spring training (ie bat boy). I was in the bat room, there was no one else around, and Paul Molitor walks up to me extends a hand shake introduces himself and says "It's good to see you". Robin Yount, was every bit as nice. Very nice, and low-key man. No ego

they had been my iddols. Along with Plesac, Jim Gantner, Ben Oglivie, Rick Manning, etc. It really meant very much to me

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Met Molitor in his Jay days, a fine gentleman indeed.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

matthewk wrote:
Aristo wrote:
I didn't really notice anyone else doing the belt thing. Guess it makes since now. Well, it doesn't and its pretty dumb, but I see why now.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

They all frickin' do it. That's Beast Mode![/quote]

Um, no. The belt thing is Aaron Rogers' championship belt celebration. He did it because Rogers was at the game last night. Beast mode looks like a big hug :)[/quote]

I didn't really notice anyone else doing the belt thing. Guess it makes since now. Well, it doesn't and its pretty dumb, but I see why now.[/quote]
http://www.totalpackers.com/2011/10/07/ ... ial-video/
Aaron Rodgers belt celebration commercial

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Boy genius signs 5/15 million package to be Cubs GM.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this- ... -deal-cubs

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

10spro wrote:Met Molitor in his Jay days, a fine gentleman indeed.

very kewl you met him. Was happy to witness the career he had in Toronto. If he'd remained healthy in his career, believe he would have passed Pete Rose

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

We need another one of those old school Carpenter games tonight!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:We need another one of those old school Carpenter games tonight!
Rain, rain go away! With good weather, I think Carp pummels the Brew Crew. Delays could screw that up.

Worse, La Russa has said that if the game gets canceled, Carp will go tomorrow, and still pitch Game 7 on three days rest. Hopefully they don't need seven games. I think the team could sweep in St. Louis.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:We need another one of those old school Carpenter games tonight!
Rain, rain go away! With good weather, I think Carp pummels the Brew Crew. Delays could screw that up.

Worse, La Russa has said that if the game gets canceled, Carp will go tomorrow, and still pitch Game 7 on three days rest. Hopefully they don't need seven games. I think the team could sweep in St. Louis.
Wow.. just noticed we are indeed in for some rain today and tonight.. UGH.. Verlander anyone?

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Latest weather forecasts are looking more promising.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

HUGE WIN!!!

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

This pretty much sums it up:

-Matt

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

He did make up for it with that blast.. :lol:

Who would have thought those 4 runs in the first would be enough?

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

if St Louis makes it to World Series, will it be biggest post-season upset since 1990 Cincinnati Reds ?

this run may be more impressive then 2010 SF Giants

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

vinny-b wrote:if St Louis makes it to World Series, will it be biggest post-season upset since 1990 Cincinnati Reds ?

this run may be more impressive then 2010 SF Giants
Nope, that's the 2006 Cardinals. So they've got that going for them.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

WEEI reports Cubs - Red Sox compensation negotiations for Epstein have "hit a snag".

Run-roh!

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

He is missed.

God bless him, he's been through a lot the last few years. Hope we see him again soon.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

One win left to go!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

What a game thus far... c'mon Cardinals!!!