Madden NFL 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 12

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm on AP defaults, 12 minute quarters.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

AP Default here for me too. It plays perfect for my skill.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Went back to defaults and it really is good out of the box. Running may be slightly high BUT with the right sub in/out percentages it gives more carries to the other backs.

I think you can win both ways this year. Fire up a 32 hum-controlled franchise and play out the season or play a franchise. With all that goes on, a 1 team franchise seems like you could get in multiple seasons and still have fun. I don't think Madden in the past has ever been a multiple season game like NCAA has.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Pro defaults for me and I barely beat the CPU. :lol:

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

AP default for me as well. I played around with a few different slider sets, but even the smallest changes seem to throw the game balance way off. I get so much variety on default that I feel I would need to play at least a couple of seasons to know what really needs to be changed. I agree with JRod that the human rushing is too easy, but that is really the only thing that stands out to me through 13 games of my season. I would say the CPU passing is a little weak as well overall, but I have had games where they have torched me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

One thing that ticks me off and it's not EA's fault is that you need an XBL Gold account to download rosters. :twisted:

Not sure if it's always been that way? If I had known that I would have gotten the PS3 version.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Game is $10 off this week at target

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

HipE wrote:AP default for me as well. I played around with a few different slider sets, but even the smallest changes seem to throw the game balance way off. I get so much variety on default that I feel I would need to play at least a couple of seasons to know what really needs to be changed. I agree with JRod that the human rushing is too easy, but that is really the only thing that stands out to me through 13 games of my season. I would say the CPU passing is a little weak as well overall, but I have had games where they have torched me.
I'm not messing with them until I play one full season, but I would agree - human rushing needs toned down a tad and CPU passing needs cranked up a bit.

I'm 4-3 though and do not lead the league in rushing so take that FWIW.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I've been following the Madden discussions every year and it seems that this is finally the year I need to take a look at it. I've been playing NFL 2k5 all this time and although it is a great game, it is getting kinda stale. Is it time to make the move?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JOZ wrote:I've been following the Madden discussions every year and it seems that this is finally the year I need to take a look at it. I've been playing NFL 2k5 all this time and although it is a great game, it is getting kinda stale. Is it time to make the move?
Yup, it's time. This is pretty much the best next-gen madden by a long shot. I'm pretty sure it's not even close.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
JOZ wrote:I've been following the Madden discussions every year and it seems that this is finally the year I need to take a look at it. I've been playing NFL 2k5 all this time and although it is a great game, it is getting kinda stale. Is it time to make the move?
Yup, it's time. This is pretty much the best next-gen madden by a long shot. I'm pretty sure it's not even close.
Fully agree.. first next gen Madden I've ever played more than a handful of games.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I can't believe how irritating a "little" bug like the rain is to me. I can't even really play a franchise game with the Raiders because half of the games will be in the rain, with receivers slipping every play adding to an already inept passing game. At first I was thinking it was no big deal, but it got to be so annoying that I've pretty much scrapped a franchise game for the time being with Oakland.

I still have a blast in the Play Now games, and in franchise mode with OTHER teams, but really? I'm forced to endure a rain game every single time I play in Oakland?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

That's funny because I just started my Ravens Franchise after all new roster came out and all my home games so far have been in the rain. When I did the Saints Franchise, games were not raining at all, not because I played in the dome, but when they do the overhead stadium shot, it never rained outside the dome. And on the road I don't remember playing a rain game.

If I had encountered that rain bug when I first started playing, I'd probably consider trading it away :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I told you guys about the rain bug before the game even came out (season pass all the way, lol)...so it's not like it was shocking. :lol:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Hey, I agreed at the time, too.

It's just more and more irritating now.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I told you guys about the rain bug before the game even came out (season pass all the way, lol)...so it's not like it was shocking. :lol:
That's awesome. "Season Pass! Your chance to find our bugs before your friends."
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:Hey, I agreed at the time, too.

It's just more and more irritating now.
I wouldn't expect this being fixed in a patch. There is a thread I am too lazy to find where Adem, the guy who went to community day and ended up getting a job said he tried to fix this but the code was so screwed up he couldn't do it.

I'm pretty sure most of the improvements this year are going to be to MUT and Communities etc. The fact that not a single word on a patch or tuner set has been forthcoming is not a good sign. As well as this game plays on the field this is clearly the unpolished product of a leadership who knew they were on their way out and I'm starting to think by the looks of it, that exit was mandated and not voluntary.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:I told you guys about the rain bug before the game even came out (season pass all the way, lol)...so it's not like it was shocking. :lol:
That's awesome. "Season Pass! Your chance to find our bugs before your friends."
Exactly, that's why I said it. LOL...it was a warning. At least the gameplay is good.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Anyone have suggestions for downloading Madden 12 rosters? The phuckers at Microsoft lock you out from downloading Madden 12 rosters if you don't have a Gold account. :twisted:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

At least I get 8 home games in a dome :)

That's pure BS if that can't fix that bug.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'll just move the Raiders to Oakland or something in the first offseason and put them in a dome, then.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

MizzouRah wrote:At least I get 8 home games in a dome :)

That's pure BS if that can't fix that bug.
Sorry I didn't mean to say it couldn't be fixed. He tried something with the time he had and it didn't work. It would require a good deal of work to fix and he doesn't know if it will be a priority for a patch. Which seems silly to me it should be a high priority
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

Rodster wrote:Anyone have suggestions for downloading Madden 12 rosters? The phuckers at Microsoft lock you out from downloading Madden 12 rosters if you don't have a Gold account. :twisted:
Maybe get a Gold account?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

HipE wrote:
Rodster wrote:Anyone have suggestions for downloading Madden 12 rosters? The phuckers at Microsoft lock you out from downloading Madden 12 rosters if you don't have a Gold account. :twisted:
Just to download rosters?! I don't think so as I don't play online.

Maybe get the PS3 version next time? Yup that's the logical choice.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster wrote:
HipE wrote:
Just to download rosters?! I don't think so as I don't play online.

Maybe get the PS3 version next time? Yup that's the logical choice.
Good grief cheap skate as many games as you buy? I don't play online much either, but xbox live is a no brainer.

It's like $0.14 a day. :)