Madden NFL 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden NFL 12

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 12

Post by Rodster »

No good can come from this thread :lol:

Anyway looking forward to info on M12.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Let's hope EA doesn't include the Black Eyed Peas as halftime entertainment. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

pk500 wrote:Let's hope EA doesn't include the Black Eyed Peas as halftime entertainment. :)
Agreed!! Craptastic doesn't even cover it.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I watched the end of the DVR'd Newcastle Arsenal game i really enjoyed half time :mrgreen:
Cant believe any of you watched , surely Beavis and Butthead where on some channel.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Jimmydeicide wrote:I watched the end of the DVR'd Newcastle Arsenal game i really enjoyed half time :mrgreen:
Cant believe any of you watched , surely Beavis and Butthead where on some channel.
Funny you mention Beavis and Butthead. They are making a return to MTV this summer with new episodes. 8O
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jack-diggity wrote:
pk500 wrote:Let's hope EA doesn't include the Black Eyed Peas as halftime entertainment. :)
Agreed!! Craptastic doesn't even cover it.
Nothing can compete with this, at least they didn't get booed. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

But nothing comes close to this :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Holy off topic.
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

+1 for implementing the tuner concept from NHL.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

I like the sound of tuner sets being added -- couldn't really care about the surprise onside kicks though. Hope they fine tune the broadcast cam shown in the video -- would love a broadcast cam that zooms out for pass plays and zooms in for runs.

On a separate note, thought it was really odd that IGN would run a full-on attack piece written by Hilary Goldstin -- a long-time IGN editor -- during Super Bowl weekend. Not that I'm really complaining, but why now? Since it was a major gaming media piece, I hope it's okay to throw it out there for discussion.

"You Can't Compete with Madden... EA and the NFL Won't Let You
What would the Super Bowl be like with only one team playing?
February 4, 2011

"Super Bowl Sunday. The biggest day in American sports each year. Imagine this Sunday you sit down with a handful of your closest friends (and that one guy from work who showed up uninvited), snacks ready, beers flowing, and cheer as the Green Bay Packers take the field. The whistle blows and the game begins, but there's no one on the other side. Aaron Rodgers skips his way into the end zone again and again and again with no fear of being beaten.

Not so Super, is it?

Sports are battles between opponents. Remove the competition and there's really no point at all. You can't have an epic rally at Wimbledon if there's no one on the other side of the net. Can't hit one out of the park in the World Series if no one's there to throw a pitch. And the Super Bowl becomes a backyard game of catch if there's no defense on the field.

In business, competition creates two things: Lower prices and product innovation. EA's exclusive NFL license cuts into both."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1148014p1.html

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

RobVarak wrote:+1 for implementing the tuner concept from NHL.
Tuner sets are nice, but I could care less about onside kicks. So because it happened once on a big stage and then Pasta Padre and others got vocal about it they are in? I appreciate the fact a person spent their Saturday and took their own initiative to get it done but I don't see the need.

Anyway no big news until June I'm sure. I've already stated that last year my belief that offline franchise upgrades just weren't completely ready. Thus in effect they have had 2 dev cycles to work on them. I'm also under the impression that presentation was worked on as well.

Guess we'll find out around June.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Wait, what? EA has an exclusive license with the NFL? Seriously? That's so unfair.

Why in the heck is this just being covered now? Gamers deserve to kept informed about this!

In other news, surprise onside kick is fine if it is tuned to be lose effectiveness by 50% over time you use it. That would include over the course of a season. for online, maybe it could just decrease every 16 games you play, and then reset. The surprise OS kick only works if it is actually a surprise.

Tuning is okay. But it really just gives the kids something extra to complain about at OS, as most of the time people are arguing for opposite changes. I do wish we got the keys to a the tine file for offline and franchise play. I really don't see why I need to wait for EA to figure out how to tune the game.

I'm looking forward to Madden 12 even though 11 was sold within a couple of weeks. I think they are close to getting a quality game. I'm still playing NCAA 11 in two online dynasties. The core is there if they can just tune the game up a little better.

As far as presentation, I'm just going to say less is more. NCAA 11works because it is subtle and doesn't get in the way. It's not great, but I can livw with it. Madden has been gut-wrenchingly bad for years now. Just reduce the roles, get rid of the screamer, and do a nice basic job. They don't seem to have the chops that 2K does, so they shouldn't try.

But if NCAA 12 is a nice upgrade, I may skip Madden altogether this year. It's been way more bang for my buck.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I am glad I took a break from Madden this year because I'm ready for M12. I agree with Danimal that I hope they have more of an overhaul to the franchise mode, maybe making it more like Head Coach.

I'd really like to have the stadium atmosphere pumped up as well. Commentary gets stale pretty quickly even in the best games, but good game atmosphere can help overcome that. Madden really needs help there.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brando70 wrote:Commentary gets stale pretty quickly even in the best games, but good game atmosphere can help overcome that. Madden really needs help there.
Well they put Collinsworth and Johnson in the recording booth together this year so that's a start :)
Follow Me on:

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Brando70 wrote:I am glad I took a break from Madden this year because I'm ready for M12. I agree with Danimal that I hope they have more of an overhaul to the franchise mode, maybe making it more like Head Coach.

I'd really like to have the stadium atmosphere pumped up as well. Commentary gets stale pretty quickly even in the best games, but good game atmosphere can help overcome that. Madden really needs help there.
I agree with this. In fact, I'd almost like Madden to be NCAA with a paint job to be totaly honest.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

With the upcoming labor dispute, what does that mean to Madden?

Would we get all the teams and the players or one or not the other?

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Lancer wrote:With the upcoming labor dispute, what does that mean to Madden?

Would we get all the teams and the players or one or not the other?
With no football, I would say more people are likely to get their fix somewhere else - meaning Madden. My opinion though.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Not to pour cold water on this but EA might not be able to sell Madden if there is a labor dispute and lockout. And I sure as hell won't buy it for my fix when I still have Madden 10 for that.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

CNBC had an article on this yesterday:

"As the exclusive rights holder of NFL video games, EA relies heavily on its long-standing “Madden” franchise to make its numbers. Regardless of the situation on the field next year, there will be a new installment of “Madden,” but the company isn’t holding out much hope that we’ll see a lot of real world action. "In terms of a planning assumption ... we've baked in the most conservative assumption, meaning no season," said John Riccitiello, CEO of EA in the company’s most recent earnings conference call.

"Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities says he expects sales of “Madden” will be down 50 percent if the season is cancelled completely, but will see no negative effects if the season starts within two or three weeks of its normal start time. “It depends upon the venom of the debate,” he says. “If the player and the owners … come across as greedy pigs, it hurts them more. I don’t know how either side takes the moral high ground here.”

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41459920?__sourc ... &par=yahoo

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I haven't looked into at all, but my first inclination is that EA Sports has separate agreements with the NFL and the NFLPA. I would think both agreements would continue in the case of a lockout, but who knows.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:Not to pour cold water on this but EA might not be able to sell Madden if there is a labor dispute and lockout. And I sure as hell won't buy it for my fix when I still have Madden 10 for that.
There is nothing preventing them from releasing a game. However there would be no roster updates, no madden Live moments, probably would effect MUT updates as well. So a game could be released but some of their money making DLC would be effected.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Naples39 wrote:I haven't looked into at all, but my first inclination is that EA Sports has separate agreements with the NFL and the NFLPA. I would think both agreements would continue in the case of a lockout, but who knows.
Gonna be interesting to see what happens if the union decertifies this week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... greem.html

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Wow I thought they were making progress with the mediator, at least that's what I read. Even with or without the NFLPA there will be a Madden 12 in some form or fashion.