Madden NFL 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 12

Post by RobVarak »

TheTruth wrote:
RobVarak wrote:Damn thread is breaking down my resistance. Forum effect bull$hit!
FIFA - 2 weeks. :mrgreen:
That is definitely on my mind. LOL
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

JRod wrote: Maybe Terry is right it's been in the game all along but without seeing it you just felt the CPU was cheating. Now that you can see who's hot it changes it. Whatever the reason...the game is fun but also dynamic.

One game doesn't feel like another which means that playing multiple seasons is now possibly. No one wants to play 16 games that feel the same. I'll see how I feel at game 16-0 of my Redskins season.
I don't think it was there all along. You can really tell this year once the player gets hot, he gets really hot. Just my games where I've had the CPU RB's gain 200+ and 100+ yards on me would never happen in previous versions.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

No, it's definitely different this year. I meant they had the concept already there, entirely team-based. Plus it would only be there like once or twice a year. If you were 14-0, chances are you'd find a game in the last 2 where the CPU got every break, you had every bad throw and fumble, etc.

It's like they sat around in their design team roundtable and went "hey! Let's do that for every player instead of the team. Bet that would create a much different product!".

And they're right. It did. But I bet the base code has been there forever on a team-wide basis. It's just much, much better implemented and thought out this year. I can understand a particular player having a bad game much better than an entire team. Plus it adds the extra dimension of...say, taking Darren McFadden out of the lineup because he has 2 fumbles and dropped a pass. I have a much better chance of inserting Taiwan Jones into the lineup and seeing if he can hold onto the ball this year. Last year (and every year past), I'd just struggle through because I knew McFadden's ratings were the same all the time, and "the Madden screw" was in effect.

Now the screw just affects individual players, which in turn affects the team in a much more believable way, IMO.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

ya that makes sense. I guess someone finally got off their butt there and implemented the concept correctly :)

The only thing I'm afraid of now is they'll scrap the whole thing for next year's game and we'll have a dud on our hands. But at least for the next 12 mo. I know I'll thoroughly enjoy M12.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

wrong thread

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

MizzouRah wrote:Madden 12 is the best Madden since the Sega Genesis days.. there, I said it and I stand by it.
I'm with you, although I did really enjoy the version on Xbox that had the "giveaway glitch."

It's amazing me how much I enjoy this game. I couldn't even truly enjoy Madden last year until one of the patches tried to limit the amount of defensive TDs and by then I was on to hockey or basketball games. The timing of the release was perfect as now after a week and a half of Madden non-stop I'm even more stoked for the NFL season. Last night I played the Patriots with the Steelers and even though I lost 24-20 it was the best game of Madden I've ever played. It was a 4:15 game (without rain!) and was beautiful to watch and a blast to play. Every single game I've played has been realistic and my stats are looking pretty darn good. I wished they would patch the weather in franchise (mainly because the game looks 10x better without it), but otherwise I hope they don't mess with it much.

So yeah, I like it a ton. I played about 80% of the *preseason* (simmed some late parts of games)...what's that tell you!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

For years gamers kept b*tching about suction blocking and now that it has been removed for the most part (someone here said they still see it though not nearly as much) has made the game play feel different.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just went through my first off season. Took over an hour and that's not a slam. It could be a lot more polished like everything else in this game. For example don't just say yes when it wants you to advance to the next step especially during the Free Agent signing period. Make sure you know who you're going to target, it the chaos and in my attempt to snag a free agent corner back and some receivers for the Bears I ended up paying 28 million for 4 years for a CB who was rated 78.

Having said that I was able to acquire Steve Smith and Lee Evans on my new look Bears. Also when you're all done and you head into the pre-season the game fills your roster with un-drafted rookies at positions you're lacking in. I thought I was going to have to go out and give a lot of one year contracts just to get bodies but the game did it for me which is nice. However the flip side to that is one of the last things you do before you head into pre-season is set your depth chart and these rookies get added after that. My advice is skip the depth chart step because you'll be doing it 5 minutes later with all these new guys.

I franchise tagged Forte poor guy and boy did he improve attributes wise. I also ended up with a great Left Tackle in the 1st round and I got a steal at Wide Receiver in the 5th round. I didn't have this guy scouted much I just knew he might be a 75. However he is projecting out to an 87 but with only D potential but the guy catches everything I throw at him, he is one of those training camp superstars. I also took a QB in the 6th round who has a canon for an arm I had intended to cut him right away but he might grab that #3 spot.

Nest of all is the game put a punter and a kicker on the roster for me in that fill the roster stage I just mentioned. The Kicker has a leg, I mean boots the s*** out of the ball. Mr. Gould may not have a job if it continues like this. All in all I dig this stuff, I love the cut days and what not I just wish their was some kind of presentation around it. I don't need video but something. I still miss the old newspaper days and contract holdouts etc.

EDIT: BTW I found this thread invaluable for scouting. You really need to have a lot of guys scouted in a lot of different rounds going into the draft.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/m ... rched.html
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

I agree with what everyone else is saying, this is probably the most fun I've ever had playing Madden. Madden 2005 had the best overall package because of the franchise mode (training camp minigames, position battles, radio show, local newspaper articles), but nothing touches this one on the field. I still love the presentation in terms of the graphics and all the stat popups, the gameflow playcalling option keeps things moving along quickly, and the variety I'm getting from game to game is outstanding and keeps the game feeling fresh.

I'm currently 9-2 in my Steelers franchise on default All Pro. I tested those hybrid All Madden/All Pro sliders and quit my game after ending up with 9 carries for 226 yds in the first half. Although I have won a few blowouts, most of my games have been competitive. I'm coming off a 31-28 loss at KC where Cassel and Charles both torched me (I was outgained 470-250), and only a couple of scores off turnovers kept me in the game. Passing is definitely tough for me, I've already thrown 24 interceptions in 11 games. Injuries are also killing me, I have Wallace, Ward and Cotchery all out at receiver, and Polamalu out on defense. What was really cool about the Polamalu injury is that when he got hurt vs KC, they picked on his replacement and hit three deep passes where the safety was no help at all.

I'm also having fun playing random exhibition games for the first time. I've tried out quite a few teams and you can really tell the differences in terms of skill. I'm hoping to win a Super Bowl with the Steelers in my first season, that way I can switch to a different team that I will struggle to make the playoffs with. With gameflow on and 8 minute quarters, its only taking me 40 minutes to finish a game, meaning I can get through seasons quickly.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I gotta admit, I am glad I didn't return my copy. I am liking how the game is playing. I'm still trying to adjust the settings to my level of play but it is a fun game of football IMO. NHL12 is really gonna take time away from it but I will still be playing it. Things will change come 10/25 though. Battlefield 3 is gonna take over :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Latest rosters are out.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

How refreshing to hear most everyone enjoying Madden, in fact, I like it better than NCAA right now. :)

Thanks Danimal for the insight to the offseason!

I'm just so happy that AP defaults work perfectly for me.. each game is so dynamic, which is great.

Maybe next year they will tighten a few minor things up and work on a presentation package - seems like everything else is in place.

I let the CPU do my scouting to save time, just like I let the CPU recruit players in NCAA.

Looks like some EA game is going to be in my xbox 360 for the next several months, which is a good thing!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I can't believe how great this game is this year. I can't say that enough.

I downloaded the opening day rosters and did that all nfl franchise.

I played the Pack and Saints opener and this time I was the Packers since I played this game before in my Saints Franchise. But unlike my franchise game which was close, this game was a shootout.

Really, I can play this opener like 100x and not get tired of it. It's just awesome to play at Lamebeu and both teams are good that you're guaranteed a great game. I even watched all the cut scenes and replays without pressing the A button to advance.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Beat the Saints 23-9 and we are now 4-3 with a game against the Cardinals next in Arizona.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Loving this game and had one of my most exciting finishes to a Madden game ever. After coming out on the losing end of a couple of hard fought battles and sitting in last place in the tight NFC East, I found myself locked in a 10-10 struggle against division leader Philadelphia. Rather than transcribe the key moments, I put my highlights together into a brief video.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

That was awesome. What software did you use to put that together? Stuff like that makes this game awesome. You ll never see this happen again.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lancer wrote:That was awesome. What software did you use to put that together? Stuff like that makes this game awesome. You ll never see this happen again.
Agreed!!! G7, that was sweeeet!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

G7 that was NFL Films ready. Good job. :)

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Loved it! As soon as I get back from West Africa, going to buy my first Madden in years...loved the demo and this thread has convinced me to buy the game.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Lancer wrote:That was awesome. What software did you use to put that together? Stuff like that makes this game awesome. You ll never see this happen again.
Well, that was just it, especially in light of the exchange with my daughter preceding the PAT. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a blocked PAT in a Madden game and had considered that recollection a game or two prior when the CPU tied me on the TD and eked out the win on the PAT. When I regarded it as a foregone conclusion that was proven wrong, I almost felt like a fan with renewed confidence and that I could will my team to score on the subsequent possession. Given the way I had squandered chances in the prior two losses I'd had, I truly feel that I wouldn't have been able to put together the scoring drive I did to go ahead, but for the boost that the block provided.

As for the software, after I uploaded the highlights to EA, I was reminded that we don't currently have the ability to embed Flash videos under the new forum. As an aside, perhaps we can ask Jared to consider it when he gets a free moment as the recent resurgence in NCAA, Madden, NHL and FIFA will probably create many highlight worthy moments.

So the first order of business was to D/L the highlights from EA, which can be saved as FLVs. Then, I used Windows Live Movie Maker to create the titles and transitions (as well as the shots of despondent Giants Nation :) ). Unfortunately, the FLV format used by EA was not supported under WLMM, so I had to convert these using some freeware I grabbed off the net. Lastly, I layered the NFL Films track I grabbed off another YT vid for kicks and exported to YT. It took about an hour and a half between last night and this morning, but most of that was spent sorting out the workflow.

Incidentally, for real video editing that I am starting to toy with and being Mac-less, I'm using Sony Vegas. But WLMM sufficed for this simple series of clips.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. :D I figured the only way to do justice to the game was to preserve the clips in this way.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

Alright, you sons of bitches. Just ordered my copy.

Good thing is EA gave me 25% off for my birthday.

Looking forward to taking the Lions to the playoffs.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Pete. Lions have nice black alt uniforms in the game.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

That was sweet...well, everything except the Eagles losing :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Are most of you guys back to to all-pro sliders?

I think I've figured out the sub-in/out sliders to get carries by the 2nd back.

I have a feeling for me this Madden will be like MVP 05 for me. Just one that I find multiple ways to play because the game is so good.

Last night I fired up a 32 team franchise. I'm going to play 1-2 games a week. I played two games and with sliders I didn't really like, I had two different experiences. Good stuff.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Tipped off my season with the Browns and totally crushed the Bengals. Peyton Hillis is a beast. Slow going for the 1st couple of possesions,then broke a 61 yd TD with him,and it was all over. 28 carries and 238 yds later in the 3rd Q. I pulled him for Hardesty and cruised to a 31-3 victory. One thing I'm worried about is I bumped up pass blocking to 55 for me and dropped Int for both me and the CPU to 45,and some minor penalty adjustments,,and I'm wondering if I'm not playing on All Pro anymore. It shows now as custom,all though the rest of the sliders are on AP. Guess I'll find out when I travel to Indy for the Brownies next game. Oh and it rained :roll: