Madden NFL 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 12

Post by Lancer »

I made the playoffs going 14-2. I had to play ATL again the 2nd to last game and Turner ran for over 200 yards on me. Right after AP did the week before. I barely beat ATL by 2 points. They missed the 2 pt conversion to tie at the end of the game.

I got a first round bye and played the Packers in my first playoff game. Something didn't seem right and I checked the Injury list and the Packers had Rodgers out and Collins out for the game w/ injuries. Their backup QB was bad, he couldn't throw straight, and I was patient this time and won 17-0. It was hard to get those 17 points. The CPU missed a fg too, which was the first I've seen.

Now I host the Eagles. I have had bad problems w/ running qb's so not sure how I will fair. As long as they don't hand the ball off maybe I have a chance.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

That's one thing I like about Madden this year (based on the demo, game is on the way) is that you have to work for points. There some teams that make you work real hard to contain them. I have never played any Madden since the PS2 that made you work for points.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Too bad our favorite Madden hater isn't here to tell us how fake those numbers are. Well, he probably is, we just don't know what his "new" handle is yet. LOL.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I think the lockout helped in sales, we were all awaiting for it to end and football to start.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Too bad our favorite Madden hater isn't here to tell us how fake those numbers are. Well, he probably is, we just don't know what his "new" handle is yet. LOL.
Really? No need for this.
Last edited by JRod on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

rod - i don't think he was talking about you.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Lancer wrote:rod - i don't think he was talking about you.
I know who he was talking to. Everything was fantastic in this thread...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

You need to pay more attention DB. :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Here's something important about sliders, you need start set from the level you wish to play at. If you start at all-pro, it seems certain things are locked in at all-pro even if you change sliders. For example, I was editing a set but had the base at Pro. As soon as I entered the game, I noticed the kicking meter was set at the Pro speed.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I am happy with All-Pro defaults so far. Was 2-1 in the preseason games I actually played and 2-2 in my Bears season, with one close win, one close loss, one blowout win, and one blowout loss. Only changes I've made were to put speed on slow, lower threshold to 35, and tweak penalty sliders.

What I am liking a lot right now is the variance in the team strategies. Against the Panthers, they ran 43 times and only passed 15 times. The Packers and Saints leaned more on their QBs, while Atlanta was pretty balanced in its offense. There isn't the generic CPU offensive feel the game has had in the past. Hope that sort of thing keeps up.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I had one of the best Madden games ever.

It was a tight game in the NFC Champ vs the Eagles. Vick scored 2 rushing TDs on me and a 2 point conversion.

The Eagles had a chance to go up 3 with 2 min left but I blocked their 30 yard fg. Amazing!

Then i drove down w/ no huddle with 1 time out left and kicked a 40 yard fg to win the game by 3. Just incredible. I'm now in the SB!

BTW - I think I may start a separate franchise where I'll control all the teams and just play the games that are great in the real NFL season. For example, I will probably play the NO/GB game from tonight and any other outstanding games from the upcoming sunday.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Lancer wrote: BTW - I think I may start a separate franchise where I'll control all the teams and just play the games that are great in the real NFL season. For example, I will probably play the NO/GB game from tonight and any other outstanding games from the upcoming sunday.
I did this last year and it was a lot of fun. I never played the same team 2 weeks in a row and I played in coach mode to make it even more fun at least for me.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Danimal wrote:
Lancer wrote: BTW - I think I may start a separate franchise where I'll control all the teams and just play the games that are great in the real NFL season. For example, I will probably play the NO/GB game from tonight and any other outstanding games from the upcoming sunday.
I did this last year and it was a lot of fun. I never played the same team 2 weeks in a row and I played in coach mode to make it even more fun at least for me.

Dan - do you know if Madden Moments Weekly updates this year will be free or do you have to pay via points?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:Dan - do you know if Madden Moments Weekly updates this year will be free or do you have to pay via points?
Didnt they give you a few free ones and then a few you had to pay for last year? I don't remember.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Lancer wrote:
Danimal wrote:

Dan - do you know if Madden Moments Weekly updates this year will be free or do you have to pay via points?
No idea I didn't play them last year, didn't play MUT either. I refuse to spend money on stuff like that when this game lacks polish in many areas.
Follow Me on:

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I wouldn't pay for Madden Moments but I like the idea. I've always liked those scenario elements in football games.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Madden 12 is the best Madden since the Sega Genesis days.. there, I said it and I stand by it.

Played Dallas in Week 6, they were 1-4 and we were 2-3. We win 20-12 and it's fitting that TO has a 61 yd touchdown against the Cowboys. First game where I threw no INT's, in fact no turnovers whatsoever in the game from either team.

Each week has been a completely different game and feel to it, makes me want to play more and more which is all I can ask for from a video game.

It's not issue free, but damn is it fun to play.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

I actually thought this was going to be a good year to take my break from Madden for the first time in maybe 10 years or so.

Some of the reviews i thought justified my decision when they mentioned how certain things that hampered the series were still present.

But hearing from guys here who know Madden, it sounds like it's easier to overlook that stuff because the games have a lot of variability and the game is just fun this year.

The take on the game this year has been interesting to say the least.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I think the DPP stuff is sort of like what's been there all along, just magnified. There were always games where I felt like I had no chance from the outset in previous years, or games where I felt like the CPU didn't even show up. I think this year they just sort of touted it as a feature and made it happen a lot more.

What I WILL say, however, is that if you get your player(s) on a roll, they don't just suddenly start to suck. I played a season with the Seahawks and signed Troy Smith off the street 2 weeks into the preseason when I found out Tarvaris Jackson and Whitehurst were pretty much crap in cleats. Troy Smith was about the same ratings across the board, but somehow he fit my play style much better. He was almost flawless in the 2 preseason games, so I started the season with him. I ended up finishing the year for 10-6 Seattle with 3700 yards, 30 TDs and only 7 INTs and a Pro Bowl berth. Considering it's Troy Smith, that's almost comical, but I really loved that he was on a hot streak almost the entire season. He never suddenly got bad and left me high and dry, so I like what they did with the DPP this year.

Conversely, I can't play with the Raiders passing game AT ALL. Doesn't matter if it's Campbell, Boller, Edwards, or Pryor. I think it's hilarious that I can get a pro bowl season out of Troy Smith, but can't play a single decent game with any of the Raiders QBs. I started a season with Campbell throwing like 4 TDs and 9 INTs, with tons of sacks because of his slow release. So I start riding the running game all day long and tried to only throw 10 times a game at most. I hung around in a lot more games, but it was the first losing season I've ever had in Madden at 7-9. Some defenses I just couldn't even start to run against--Green Bay, the Jets, Chicago, etc. So when I wasn't playing with a lead, I would inevitably make a mistake with Campbell that killed me.

Plus, I supersim the defense so I can avoid getting 5 picks a game and throwing games out of whack. Trying to only play offense and keep pace with the defense keeps me interested. Kind of funny that I can't play a lick with my own team, but I do pretty well with all the others :lol:

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Played another game versus Arizona won the game 10-9. That has never happened in Madden ever.

Then I went to the Cowboys and have a 17 point lead from a turnover and a great pass by Tebow. In the 2nd half Romo got hot and I couldn't stop them. they scored 21 points to win 31-27. All I had to do was to pick up a first down on the last drive and I couldn't.

Plus the stats are believable. Romo had some deep bombs early in the game but then the CPU gave up on that and picked on me with short passes.

So here's what the game had.
-Hightower had an 82 yard run but really didn't have much else.
- Tebow went 14-20 for 150.
-Romo went 28-40 for over 300.
- Jones could run the ball but because they were behind they didn't.

I think Madden 12 is like WE9 right now. There's just so much that's right with it.

Maybe Terry is right it's been in the game all along but without seeing it you just felt the CPU was cheating. Now that you can see who's hot it changes it. Whatever the reason...the game is fun but also dynamic.

One game doesn't feel like another which means that playing multiple seasons is now possibly. No one wants to play 16 games that feel the same. I'll see how I feel at game 16-0 of my Redskins season.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Looking at team stats, the only thing I lead in is the least amount of penalties.. now that's a GREAT thing!

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Damn thread is breaking down my resistance. Forum effect bull$hit!
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Don't do it, Rob. If you held off this long to begin with, you're not itching to play it anyway.

It's the best Madden of this generation, by far, but if you go into it expecting it to be crappy, you'll find stuff that will bug you about it.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

RobVarak wrote:Damn thread is breaking down my resistance. Forum effect bull$hit!
FIFA - 2 weeks. :mrgreen:
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I won the SB vs the Colts but was lucky, 17-14 last second fg just like the NFC Champ game.

Manning was basically unstoppable all of the game, he was dinking and dunking me to death. The colts took the opening drive to go up 7 and then I threw 2 picks the next 2 possessions. But I lucked out because off the first turnover the colts got to my 5 but I got a sack and fumble recovery and the 2nd TO they got to the 10 and I got their RB to fumble and recovered.

I should have been down 21-0 at the end of the first but it was only 7-0.

I put a drive together and tied, then the colts got a bomb to Garcon for another td, then I put together another long drive to tie. Then with 3 min left I finally stopped them and got them to punt. I was with a friend who was watching me play and he predicted I'd get the EA screw and he was right, very next play Ingram fumbles at my own 20. So Manning had under 3 min left to win the game. But my D came thru again and got 2 sacks on 2nd and 3rd down taking them out of FG position and they punted.

I get the ball again, and this time BREES FUMBLES! But luckily I recovered. Then gameflow called this draw play that I always hate but this time it worked for me and Ingram got like 40 yards off it getting me into fg range. I handed it off a few more times to get closer. With 3 sec left I kicked a 45 yard fg
to win the SB.

The post game was basically the same as last years. You get to the parade + White house visit etc....

I tried to do that franchise online stuff but it didn't really interest me. The made it into a much faster experience this year but I don't really like doing all that stuff. One thing I did tinker with was the Relocation but it stunk. If you relocate, you can't use the same team logo and name and uniforms to the new city, you have to use the generic bland EA logos they provide you.

It was a fun season and I felt everything was hard earned on my way to the SB.